Time saving

Jad El-Khoury

Hi

It’s that time of the year again, where time savings kick in differently. we in Sweden are still on the old time, but I suspect some have already changed?

https://www.almanac.com/content/when-daylight-saving-time

So what time is the OSLC OP following? CET?

______________________________

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@..., www.kth.se

Andrii Berezovskyi

Jad,

I think Jim scheduled the meetings to start at 10:00 EDT/EST. It will be 15:00 CET this week and next week for us and back to 16:00 starting with March 30. Do you wish to change that?

I am planning to join this week (W11) and W13. Next week (W12) I will have a quarterly project meeting conflict from 13:30 till 17:30, so moving the meeting 1h forward/backward will not help.

/A

From: <oslc-op@...> on behalf of Jad El-Khoury <jad@...>
Date: Tuesday, 15 March 2022 at 09:17
To: "OASIS OSLC Open Project (oslc-op@...)" <oslc-op@...>
Subject: [oslc-op] Time saving

Hi

It’s that time of the year again, where time savings kick in differently. we in Sweden are still on the old time, but I suspect some have already changed?

https://www.almanac.com/content/when-daylight-saving-time

So what time is the OSLC OP following? CET?

______________________________

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@..., www.kth.se

Andrii Berezovskyi

Hmm, look at that! https://twitter.com/senatecloakroom/status/1503797632745025542

Though I am not fully sure why the daylight saving time becomes permanent, not the standard time.

From: <oslc-op@...> on behalf of Jad El-Khoury <jad@...>
Date: Tuesday, 15 March 2022 at 09:17
To: "OASIS OSLC Open Project (oslc-op@...)" <oslc-op@...>

Hi

It’s that time of the year again, where time savings kick in differently. we in Sweden are still on the old time, but I suspect some have already changed?

So what time is the OSLC OP following? CET?

______________________________
Jad El-khoury, PhD
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division
Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

Chet Ensign

I'll believe it when the president signs it. Daylight savings is so we can all stay up late.

From: <oslc-op@...> on behalf of Jad El-Khoury <jad@...>
Date: Tuesday, 15 March 2022 at 09:17
To: "OASIS OSLC Open Project (oslc-op@...)" <oslc-op@...>

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

Jad El-Khoury

I guess it's just a number in the end. Not sure how it can make the evening longer.
What would be really practical would be to have one common global timezone,   to make it esiser to book our meetings.

Having said that, the time change means i have a clash with a local meeting.

Jad