Stepping down as a co-chair

Andrii Berezovskyi

Hi,

I thought about my involvement in OSLC for a while, and I think there is a big likelihood that I won’t be able to put more time on OSLC after summer.

To make sure OSLC progress does not get slowed down by the need to focus on finishing my Ph.D., I would like to step down as a co-chair. I can stay as a PGB member for a little while longer if needed but I am ready to step down from that as well (and suggest that Jad takes the KTH seat on the PGB).

Chet, what are the next steps for us? Do we need to involve Martin Törngren who is the KTH representative at OASIS?

Jim, I hope you will be able to fill in the co-chair position with Axel, Jad, or Frej if SodiusWillert will step up to join the PGB (chairs can only be selected among PGB members, AFAIK). I hope to re-join the OP activities once I finish the Ph.D. work, but for now, let me thank you for the privilege of co-chairing the OSLC project with you and learning so much (technically and wisdom-wise) from you over the years.

I am also thankful to Jad for introducing me to OSLC, to Chet, Paul, and the rest of OASIS for supporting us, to the PGB for productive work on promoting OSLC, and to everyone in the OP for collaborating on OSLC and ways to improve tool integration! I wish the OP to flourish and gain more members in the future!

Best regards,

Andrew

Axel Reichwein

I'm very sad to hear this.

Andrew, I hope that you will be involved one way or another with OSLC, even after stepping down as co-chair!

It was a pleasure working with you to organize the OSLCFest events!

Cheers,
Axel

"Eran Gery"

Indeed… i liked Andrew’s constructive approach to move things forward, and his interaction with team members.
I hope you stay connected Andrew!

On 21 Jun 2022, at 20:29, Axel Reichwein <axel.reichwein@...> wrote:

Robert Baillargeon

A tough but important decision Andrew.  I wish you all the best with the next step of finishing your Ph.D.  Thanks for the efforts and the consideration of your focus on the future.

The SodiusWillert team will review how we could consider stepping up in our contribution.  We aren't Andrew, but we do share the care and interest in OSLC's success.

Good luck Andrew!

Thanks!
Robert

Chief Product Officer – Linked Data

418 N. Main Street 2nd Floor/Suite 200, Royal Oak, Michigan 48067, USA
Ph: 716 261 8338
sodiuswillert.com

Try out our Jira and Confluence OSLC Tools on the Atlassian Marketplace

Indeed… i liked Andrew’s constructive approach to move things forward, and his interaction with team members.
I hope you stay connected Andrew!

On 21 Jun 2022, at 20:29, Axel Reichwein <axel.reichwein@...> wrote:

Chet Ensign

Andrew, I'm sure it will feel great to get your PhD done. Good for you and echoing everyone here - you are always a treat to work with and I hope you can stay involved. The project will benefit from any attention you can give it.

Regarding your questions...

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 1:19 PM Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...> wrote:

Hi,

I thought about my involvement in OSLC for a while, and I think there is a big likelihood that I won’t be able to put more time on OSLC after summer.

To make sure OSLC progress does not get slowed down by the need to focus on finishing my Ph.D., I would like to step down as a co-chair. I can stay as a PGB member for a little while longer if needed but I am ready to step down from that as well (and suggest that Jad takes the KTH seat on the PGB).

Chet, what are the next steps for us? Do we need to involve Martin Törngren who is the KTH representative at OASIS?

Probably best if Martin notifies us by email if Jad takes your place. As the KTH rep, that will ensure there is no confusion.

Jim, I hope you will be able to fill in the co-chair position with Axel, Jad, or Frej if SodiusWillert will step up to join the PGB (chairs can only be selected among PGB members, AFAIK).

That is correct. The PGB chair is elected from among the members.

I hope to re-join the OP activities once I finish the Ph.D. work, but for now, let me thank you for the privilege of co-chairing the OSLC project with you and learning so much (technically and wisdom-wise) from you over the years.

I am also thankful to Jad for introducing me to OSLC, to Chet, Paul, and the rest of OASIS for supporting us,

It is our honor to host and support your work.

to the PGB for productive work on promoting OSLC, and to everyone in the OP for collaborating on OSLC and ways to improve tool integration! I wish the OP to flourish and gain more members in the future!

Here here to that...

Best regards,

Andrew

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

Michael Rowe

Andrew,

Our paths have not crossed much, but your welcome when I joined my first call was much appreciated. However, your leadership on the call and drive to push OSLC forward was palatable.

--

Michael Rowe
STSM & MBA – Technical Strategist, ELM Architecture

+1(720)342-2713 Office
michael.rowe@...
@michaelrowe01
ibm.co/elm

Sustainable Software

From: oslc-op@... <oslc-op@...> on behalf of Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>
Date: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 13:20
To: oslc-op-pgb@... <oslc-op-pgb@...>
Cc: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...>, Jad El-Khoury <jad@...>, oslc-op@... <oslc-op@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [oslc-op] Stepping down as a co-chair

Hi, I thought about my involvement in OSLC for a while, and I think there is a big likelihood that I won’t be able to put more time on OSLC after summer. To make sure OSLC progress does not get slowed down by the need to focus on finishing

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

[...]

David Honey2

Hi Andrii,

I echo the comments of others. Your contribution over the years has been stellar and most appreciated. It’s quite understandable that you need to focus on your PhD.

I regret that I’ve not been able to contribute much to OSLC this year. This is entirely because the recent ELM development reorganization has meant that I’ve been asked to prioritize other work over OSLC and was told that I would not be allowed to spend significant time on OSLC spec development.

Good luck for your PhD.

Best regards,

David.

[...]

Unless otherwise stated above: