OSLC Product working group


Gray Bachelor
 

email from: gray_bachelor@...

 

Meeting location: https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

 

Welcome to the next meeting of the OSLC Product working group

 

The next meeting will include more vendor perspectives – we would particularly like to hear from OEMs about their needs and experience – if you can do that please let Gray know and we start to schedule this important aspect of the subject

 

Topics

 

1)     Roll call

2)     Feedback on ALM-PLM experience < Robert Baillargeon of Sodius Willert

3)     Additional perspectives on representing PLM resource using OSLC < Patrick Ollerton, PTC

4)     Discussion

5)     Next steps

a.      OEM input would be very welcome

6)     Next meeting dates

a.      Can we meet again in December ?

b.      When to restart in January ?

7)     Any other business

 

 

Comments or idea ? – contact Gray Bachelor of IBM or Patrick Ollerton of PTC or post to the oslc-op community

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited
Registered in England and Wales with number 741598
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU


Ollerton, Patrick
 

We covered a few areas quickly today when discussing Windchill PLM, I agree we need more time to review.

 

Here is the content for reference

 

Regards,

Patrick

 

 

-----Original Appointment-----
From: Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@...>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2022 12:02 PM
To: Gray Bachelor; oslc-op@...; Ollerton, Patrick; Eran Gery; Robert Baillargeon
Subject: OSLC Product working group
When: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London.
Where:

 

email from: gray_bachelor@...

 

Meeting location: https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

 

Welcome to the next meeting of the OSLC Product working group

 

The next meeting will include more vendor perspectives – we would particularly like to hear from OEMs about their needs and experience – if you can do that please let Gray know and we start to schedule this important aspect of the subject

 

Topics

 

  1. Roll call
  2. Feedback on ALM-PLM experience < Robert Baillargeon of Sodius Willert
  3. Additional perspectives on representing PLM resource using OSLC < Patrick Ollerton, PTC
  4. Discussion
  5. Next steps
    1. OEM input would be very welcome
  6. Next meeting dates
    1. Can we meet again in December ?
    2. When to restart in January ?
  7. Any other business

 

 

Comments or idea ? – contact Gray Bachelor of IBM or Patrick Ollerton of PTC or post to the oslc-op community

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited
Registered in England and Wales with number 741598
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU


Jim Amsden
 

One difference I think we might describe between the PTC approach to versioning and OSLC Configuration Management is that in the PTC Part Master/Part Version model, the part is central, and its version (and its effectivity date) are part of the identity of the part from the perspective of where it can be used. This model fits well when parts come from different suppliers and part versions are part of the selection and usage process.

 

OSLC Configuration Management puts the configuration of multiple parts in the center – the Configuration Context identifier identifies a usage context for multiple related parts which are only identified by their Context URI 9i.e., part id, not part version). The Configuration Context selects the proper version, not the individual parts.

 

This may be a difference worth exploring, especially in the context of complex supply chains and systems of systems that include hardware and software.

 

 

From: <oslc-op@...> on behalf of "Ollerton, Patrick" <pollerton@...>
Reply-To: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>, "pollerton@..." <pollerton@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 12:31 PM
To: Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@...>, "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>, Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>, Robert Baillargeon <rbaillargeon@...>, "Jolly, Tanupreet" <tjolly@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [oslc-op] OSLC Product working group

 

We covered a few areas quickly today when discussing Windchill PLM, I agree we need more time to review. Here is the content for reference Regards, Patrick -----Original Appointment----- From: Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@ uk. ibm. com>

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an External Sender

This message came from outside your organization.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

We covered a few areas quickly today when discussing Windchill PLM, I agree we need more time to review.

 

Here is the content for reference

 

Regards,

Patrick

 

 

-----Original Appointment-----
From: Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@...>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2022 12:02 PM
To: Gray Bachelor; oslc-op@...; Ollerton, Patrick; Eran Gery; Robert Baillargeon
Subject: OSLC Product working group
When: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London.
Where:

 

email from: gray_bachelor@...

 

Meeting location: https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

 

Welcome to the next meeting of the OSLC Product working group

 

The next meeting will include more vendor perspectives – we would particularly like to hear from OEMs about their needs and experience – if you can do that please let Gray know and we start to schedule this important aspect of the subject

 

Topics

 

  1. Roll call
  2. Feedback on ALM-PLM experience < Robert Baillargeon of Sodius Willert
  3. Additional perspectives on representing PLM resource using OSLC < Patrick Ollerton, PTC
  4. Discussion
  5. Next steps
    1. OEM input would be very welcome
  6. Next meeting dates
    1. Can we meet again in December ?
    2. When to restart in January ?
  7. Any other business

 

 

Comments or idea ? – contact Gray Bachelor of IBM or Patrick Ollerton of PTC or post to the oslc-op community

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited
Registered in England and Wales with number 741598
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU


Robert Baillargeon
 

Thanks Patrick.  The discussion is helpful.  Discussing the nuances of versioning and configuration within Product space would be illuminating.  Thanks for diving into the details.  

It would also be great to get the perspective on link target version resolution, as we have seen some unique patterns. That would be very useful as we discuss the behavior that users expect both within a PLM configuration and the relationships to external configurations.  

How and why we compose these configurations across the enterprise will be valuable, and I suspect users such as Jim Gammon will help vet the patterns and constraints.

Thanks 
Robert



Chief Product Officer – Linked Data

418 N. Main Street 2nd Floor/Suite 200, Royal Oak, Michigan 48067, USA
Ph: 716 261 8338 
sodiuswillert.com

 


 

Try out our Jira and Confluence OSLC Tools on the Atlassian Marketplace


From: Ollerton, Patrick <pollerton@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 12:27 PM
To: Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@...>; oslc-op@... <oslc-op@...>; Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>; Robert Baillargeon <rbaillargeon@...>; Jolly, Tanupreet <tjolly@...>
Subject: RE: OSLC Product working group
 

We covered a few areas quickly today when discussing Windchill PLM, I agree we need more time to review.

 

Here is the content for reference

 

Regards,

Patrick

 

 

-----Original Appointment-----
From: Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@...>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2022 12:02 PM
To: Gray Bachelor; oslc-op@...; Ollerton, Patrick; Eran Gery; Robert Baillargeon
Subject: OSLC Product working group
When: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London.
Where:

 

email from: gray_bachelor@...

 

Meeting location: https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

 

Welcome to the next meeting of the OSLC Product working group

 

The next meeting will include more vendor perspectives – we would particularly like to hear from OEMs about their needs and experience – if you can do that please let Gray know and we start to schedule this important aspect of the subject

 

Topics

 

  1. Roll call
  2. Feedback on ALM-PLM experience < Robert Baillargeon of Sodius Willert
  3. Additional perspectives on representing PLM resource using OSLC < Patrick Ollerton, PTC
  4. Discussion
  5. Next steps
    1. OEM input would be very welcome
  6. Next meeting dates
    1. Can we meet again in December ?
    2. When to restart in January ?
  7. Any other business

 

 

Comments or idea ? – contact Gray Bachelor of IBM or Patrick Ollerton of PTC or post to the oslc-op community

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited
Registered in England and Wales with number 741598
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU


Jad El-Khoury
 

Hi

 

A practical question (or wish): Can we aim for some regular meeting setup to increase chances of attendance? It also makes it easier to invite interested parties.

 

regards

______________________________

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@..., www.kth.se

 

From: oslc-op@... <oslc-op@...> On Behalf Of Robert Baillargeon
Sent: Wednesday, 7 December 2022 19:41
To: Ollerton, Patrick <pollerton@...>; Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@...>; oslc-op@...; Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>; Jolly, Tanupreet <tjolly@...>; James.E.Gammon@...
Subject: Re: [oslc-op] OSLC Product working group

 

Thanks Patrick.  The discussion is helpful.  Discussing the nuances of versioning and configuration within Product space would be illuminating.  Thanks for diving into the details.  

 

It would also be great to get the perspective on link target version resolution, as we have seen some unique patterns. That would be very useful as we discuss the behavior that users expect both within a PLM configuration and the relationships to external configurations.  

 

How and why we compose these configurations across the enterprise will be valuable, and I suspect users such as Jim Gammon will help vet the patterns and constraints.

 

Thanks 

Robert

 

 

 

Chief Product Officer – Linked Data

418 N. Main Street 2nd Floor/Suite 200, Royal Oak, Michigan 48067, USA
Ph: 716 261 8338 
sodiuswillert.com

 

 

Try out our Jira and Confluence OSLC Tools on the Atlassian Marketplace


From: Ollerton, Patrick <pollerton@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 12:27 PM
To: Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@...>; oslc-op@... <oslc-op@...>; Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>; Robert Baillargeon <rbaillargeon@...>; Jolly, Tanupreet <tjolly@...>
Subject: RE: OSLC Product working group

 

We covered a few areas quickly today when discussing Windchill PLM, I agree we need more time to review.

 

Here is the content for reference

 

Regards,

Patrick

 

 

-----Original Appointment-----
From: Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@...>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2022 12:02 PM
To: Gray Bachelor; oslc-op@...; Ollerton, Patrick; Eran Gery; Robert Baillargeon
Subject: OSLC Product working group
When: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London.
Where:

 

email from: gray_bachelor@...

 

Meeting location: https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

 

Welcome to the next meeting of the OSLC Product working group

 

The next meeting will include more vendor perspectives – we would particularly like to hear from OEMs about their needs and experience – if you can do that please let Gray know and we start to schedule this important aspect of the subject

 

Topics

 

  1. Roll call
  2. Feedback on ALM-PLM experience < Robert Baillargeon of Sodius Willert
  3. Additional perspectives on representing PLM resource using OSLC < Patrick Ollerton, PTC
  4. Discussion
  5. Next steps
    1. OEM input would be very welcome
  1. Next meeting dates
    1. Can we meet again in December ?
    2. When to restart in January ?
  1. Any other business

 

 

Comments or idea ? – contact Gray Bachelor of IBM or Patrick Ollerton of PTC or post to the oslc-op community

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited
Registered in England and Wales with number 741598
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU


Gray Bachelor
 

email from: gray_bachelor@...

 

Meeting location: https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

 

Welcome to the next meeting of the OSLC Product working group

 

Next meeting we’ll complete the PTC input and discussion

 

Then we’ll summarise the findings so far leading to a discussion on OEM perspectives and user needs

 

Topics

 

1)     Roll call

2)     Additional perspectives on representing PLM resource using OSLC < Patrick Ollerton, PTC

3)     Discussion

4)     Summarise findings so far

5)     Schedule for meeting dates

a.      Frequency, day/time ?

b.      When to restart in January ?

6)     Any other business

 

 

Comments or idea ? – contact Gray Bachelor of IBM or Patrick Ollerton of PTC or post to the oslc-op community

 

Gray will find a place to make materials and recordings available and notify the community.

 

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited
Registered in England and Wales with number 741598
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU


Jim Gammon <james_e_gammon@...>
 

Agree.

 

Wednesdays work great for me.  If we could slide :30 minutes later, it will remove the one conflict I have.

 

Regards,

James E Gammon Jr.
SNS Engineering
Enterprise & RI&S Digital Engineering

O:  +1 972.344.5637
C:  +1 972.880.0413
James.E.Gammon@...



Engineering
13510 North Central Expressway

Dallas, TX  75243

 

From: Jad El-Khoury <jad@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2022 1:16 AM
To: oslc-op@...; rbaillargeon@...; Ollerton, Patrick <pollerton@...>; Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@...>; Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>; Jolly, Tanupreet <tjolly@...>; James.E.Gammon@...
Subject: [External] RE: [oslc-op] OSLC Product working group

 

Hi

 

A practical question (or wish): Can we aim for some regular meeting setup to increase chances of attendance? It also makes it easier to invite interested parties.

 

regards

______________________________

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@..., www.kth.se

 

From: oslc-op@... <oslc-op@...> On Behalf Of Robert Baillargeon
Sent: Wednesday, 7 December 2022 19:41
To: Ollerton, Patrick <pollerton@...>; Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@...>; oslc-op@...; Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>; Jolly, Tanupreet <tjolly@...>; James.E.Gammon@...
Subject: Re: [oslc-op] OSLC Product working group

 

Thanks Patrick.  The discussion is helpful.  Discussing the nuances of versioning and configuration within Product space would be illuminating.  Thanks for diving into the details.  

 

It would also be great to get the perspective on link target version resolution, as we have seen some unique patterns. That would be very useful as we discuss the behavior that users expect both within a PLM configuration and the relationships to external configurations.  

 

How and why we compose these configurations across the enterprise will be valuable, and I suspect users such as Jim Gammon will help vet the patterns and constraints.

 

Thanks 

Robert

 

 

 

Chief Product Officer – Linked Data

418 N. Main Street 2nd Floor/Suite 200, Royal Oak, Michigan 48067, USA
Ph: 716 261 8338 
sodiuswillert.com

 

 

Try out our Jira and Confluence OSLC Tools on the Atlassian Marketplace


From: Ollerton, Patrick <pollerton@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 12:27 PM
To: Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@...>; oslc-op@... <oslc-op@...>; Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>; Robert Baillargeon <rbaillargeon@...>; Jolly, Tanupreet <tjolly@...>
Subject: RE: OSLC Product working group

 

We covered a few areas quickly today when discussing Windchill PLM, I agree we need more time to review.

 

Here is the content for reference

 

Regards,

Patrick

 

 

-----Original Appointment-----
From: Gray Bachelor <gray_bachelor@...>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2022 12:02 PM
To: Gray Bachelor; oslc-op@...; Ollerton, Patrick; Eran Gery; Robert Baillargeon
Subject: OSLC Product working group
When: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London.
Where:

 

email from: gray_bachelor@...

 

Meeting location: https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

 

Welcome to the next meeting of the OSLC Product working group

 

The next meeting will include more vendor perspectives – we would particularly like to hear from OEMs about their needs and experience – if you can do that please let Gray know and we start to schedule this important aspect of the subject

 

Topics

 

  1. Roll call
  2. Feedback on ALM-PLM experience < Robert Baillargeon of Sodius Willert
  3. Additional perspectives on representing PLM resource using OSLC < Patrick Ollerton, PTC
  4. Discussion
  5. Next steps
    1. OEM input would be very welcome
  1. Next meeting dates
    1. Can we meet again in December ?
    2. When to restart in January ?
  1. Any other business

 

 

Comments or idea ? – contact Gray Bachelor of IBM or Patrick Ollerton of PTC or post to the oslc-op community

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited
Registered in England and Wales with number 741598
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU