Notes from OSLC op 15/9

"Eran Gery"

Hi Jim

Here are quick notes from yesterday.

The meeting focused on allocating the profiles sections.  Here are people that signed up for sections:

**basic topics**

Root Services – Jim A

Authentication  - Ed Gentry

CSP for Friends – Frej  - We agreed that this section should be called enabling delegated UI

Selection dialogs – Tanu (PTC) – this is the provider side

CORS for Friends – Ed – this section should also be renamed not to rely on the Friend concept

Previews – Tanu (PTC). We also agreed that previews should change to a must for proper linking support.

** Bi-directional topics **

Ownership – Eran (with support from ED)

Put on resources -  TBD, No volunteers despite this should be fairly simple    -  Next week

Query - Discuss next week.

    There was quite a bit of discussion triggered by David warning that this is a big challenge. We need to find a practical way to sort this out.

    PTC also implemented query for incoming links, need to see if we can get some interoperability here.

** Config aware topics

Linking with config management providers – David Honey

TRS provisioning for Link index providers – TBD

Regards,

Eran Gery – Global Industry Solutions Lead, IBM ELM

Jim Gammon <james_e_gammon@...>

Forgive the new guy question…

I may need a quick tutorial on how we as a team perform our section edits.

I’ve gotten a markdown editor, but git seems to let me perform edits online.  How do we prefer to operate?

Please advise.

Regards,

James E Gammon Jr.
SNS Engineering
Enterprise & RI&S Digital Engineering

O:  +1 972.344.5637
C:  +1 972.880.0413
James.E.Gammon@...

Engineering
13510 North Central Expressway

Dallas, TX  75243

[...]

Jim Amsden

Jim,

We can discuss on the next oslc-op call. But generally, you will clone the https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs, make changes locally using some Markdown editor, and then create a pull request to integrate your changes with others. Jad and I will review, approve, and merge the pull requests from multiple contributors.

https://desktop.github.com is a useful tool for interating with the GitHub repo.

From: Jim Gammon <james_e_gammon@...>
Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 1:13 PM
To: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>, Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>, Jim Amsden <jamsden@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: Notes from OSLC op 15/9

Forgive the new guy question… I may need a quick tutorial on how we as a team perform our section edits. I’ve gotten a markdown editor, but git seems to let me perform edits online. How do we prefer to operate? ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart