Date

OSLC 2020 Reference Implementation ready for review

Andrii Berezovskyi

Hello,

I am glad to submit finished OSLC 2020 Reference Implementation for your review and approval following the work we've done under the PGB contract:

https://github.com/oslc-op/refimpl/tree/v0.2.0

We are ready to present it at the next scheduled PGB meeting.

Andrew

OSLC4TDB project

Andrii Berezovskyi

Hi,

Did anyone hear about https://github.com/ld4mbse/oslc4tdb before? Seems like something new Axel and Mario are working on.

Axel, will be glad to see a demo and discuss when you are ready!

Andrew

Re: Handling a GET request that depends on client paramters

Nick Crossley <nick_crossley@...>

The URI for a single resource with parameterized results could be one with the query string included - this might be appropriate if the response was repeatable for the same query string. Or it could be a unique URI including a hash of the query string, which might be appropriate if the results were not repeatable (for example, if the embedded query is something involving a time period relative to the current time).

Nick.

From:        Jad El-Khoury <jad@...>
To:        Nicholas Crossley <nick_crossley@...>, "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>
Date:        11/03/2020 07:44 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] RE:  [oslc-op] Handling a GET request that depends on client paramters

I considered using an OSLC Query. The problem though is that the response is a query...

I considered using an OSLC Query. The problem though is that the response is a query result. So the client cannot simply link to that. It needs to get it’s first member (The client knows that the response has exactly one member)

Even so, the query response will consist of a set (or one) of resource URLs. We are back to square one: What should the URL for these resources be?

regards

______________________________

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@..., www.kth.se

From:        "Jad El-Khoury" <jad@...>
To:        "OASIS OSLC Open Project (oslc-op@...)" <oslc-op@...>
Date:        11/03/2020 07:23 AM
Sent by:        oslc-op@...

Hi   It would be appreciated to hear from the OSLC experts, if you have any advice on...

Hi

It would be appreciated to hear from the OSLC experts, if you have any advice on this topic

https://forum.open-services.net/t/handling-a-get-request-that-depends-on-client-paramters/424

regards

______________________________

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@..., www.kth.se

Re: CCM Primer

Jad El-Khoury

Hi David

I am afraid that an agnostic approach in the primer may make the primer as generic as the specs. One suggestion would be to take one specific versioning model, and demonstrate the specs through that.

Hypothesis: if I can understand the OSLC CCM concepts by relating them to a common & familiar versioning model, then I can apply these concepts to my specific versioning model.

regards

______________________________

From:        "Jad El-Khoury" <jad@...>
To:        "OASIS OSLC Open Project (oslc-op@...)" <oslc-op@...>
Date:        02/11/2020 22:45
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [oslc-op] CCM Primer
Sent by:        oslc-op@...

Hej   David started, and I merged some initial content on the CCM Primer we started...

Hej

David started, and I merged some initial content on the CCM Primer we started discussing on Thursday.

https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/blob/master/notes/ccm-primer/ccm-primer.md

It would be a good first step if we can explain linear versioning to start with. I put together a very rough explanation, based on how I understood part 2 of the specs.

The text is rough, but I hope it is good enough to raise all the questions we want to answer in this section.

If someone can help me understand it better, I would be very happy to further refine the text.

We can then tackle more advanced scenarios.

regards

______________________________

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@..., www.kth.se

Unless stated otherwise above:

From:        "Jad El-Khoury" <jad@...>
To:        "OASIS OSLC Open Project (oslc-op@...)" <oslc-op@...>
Date:        11/03/2020 07:23 AM

David Honey1 <DavidHoney@...>

From:        "Jad El-Khoury" <jad@...>
To:        "OASIS OSLC Open Project (oslc-op@...)" <oslc-op@...>
Date:        02/11/2020 22:45
[...]

CCM Primer

Jad El-Khoury

[...]

Re: Can't make today's oslc-op telecon

Jad El-Khoury

Jim

Concerning the SysML v2 OSLC PSM, I was at the call today.

The current Sysml specs only covers basic versioning, but they do seem have plans to have a more complete Config. Specs. (Not clear though how far they plan to go).

Given the discussions on the CCM Primer, I’m pretty sure we can support versioning in the Sysml implementation, with little guidance from the OSLC team. Ian offered today some help to get me started.

That’s at the least. And then we can reference the CCM specs.

This way, we are at least at the same pace as the Sysml API.

regards