Date

Re: Link profiles

David Honey2

Always trying to create both forward and back links seems like the wrong thing to do, even in opt-out mode. Servers are free to either silently ignore RDF properties it doesn’t support, or to fail the whole PUT if it contains an unsupported property. That could give rise to unpredictable behaviour.

An OSLC client may be able to discover which direction(s) are to be used. Consider a user wanting to create a validates requirement link between a test case and a requirement. There are two potential links (as defined by OSLC specs):

  • oslc_qm:validatesRequirement stored on the test case
  • oslc_rm:validatedBy stored on the requirement

A caller can GET the test case, look for its oslc:instanceShape, get that shape, and then look for the presence or absence of an OSLC property for oslc_qm:validatesRequirement. It can then GET the requirement, look for its oslc:instanceShape, get that shape, and then look for the presence or absence of an OSLC property for oslc_rm:validatedBy.

I wonder whether that’s sufficient to do the right thing for ELM and for other applications.

Thinking about the opt-in case….

Say you have requirement R1 version 1 (R1-1), and test case TC1 version 1 (TC1-1).
You update the test case in the context of some ETM stream, creating TC1-2 that has a
oslc_qm:validatesRequirement link to the concept R1. In order to create the back-link, you’d need to update R1-1 in the context of a DNG stream, to create R1-2. A caller won’t know which stream to use for that backlink, so the only way I can see this working is if this is done in a GC context. It also has the side-effect of creating a new version of both the source and the target. If someone looked at R1 in a GC context that resolved to R1-1, and resolved TC1 to TC1-2, you end up with an inconsistency. The oslc_rm:validatedBy link didn’t exist on R1-1, but the forward link to that requirement exists on TC1-2. I think these were the reasons why ELM decided for opt-in, there would be no backlinks.

David.

From: Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>
Date: Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 11:49 AM
To: Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>, David Honey2 <david.honey@...>, Jim Amsden <jamsden@...>, "e.gentry@..." <e.gentry@...>
Cc: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Link profiles

Hi, I put together a simple table for the possible profiles after the call: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fjjGvHrv2yPru8S_6HNoJ5atn6617cUfFUDRz5xAfKQ/edit?usp=sharing Please look at them and tell me what you think. Thanks to Eran

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

Hi,

I put together a simple table for the possible profiles after the call: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fjjGvHrv2yPru8S_6HNoJ5atn6617cUfFUDRz5xAfKQ/edit?usp=sharing

Please look at them and tell me what you think. Thanks to Eran for taking extra time to explain some things to me.

/A

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited

Re: Link profiles

Robert Baillargeon

Indeed I agree that this is a good start to the discussion.  But as Jim identifies here we have some variability in the definition of where the link storage and inverse are stored.  If we go on the path that these are implementation-specific this will erode the value of OSLC and consistent integrations and portability for OSLC collaborations.  It needs to be formalized in the vocabularies of the standard or more desirable grow to a discovery method to allow for flexibility in the implementations that can arbitrate behaviors.

Basically put as we look at the future of OSLC for consistency and scalability we are going to need to support ...
  1. Vocabulary that includes link types, link storage location (local attribute, local & backlink, discovery) , and link inverse discovery mechanisms (trs index, oslc query, etc.)
  2. Domain vocabulary discovery so endpoints can declare, extend, and discover new domains.
I agree that there is a need near-term to better declare a profile that states the basics of a good collaborating OSLC end-point (rather than just an endpoint that consumes some OSLC interfaces).  But we also need to look to the future to better support PLM and other domain tools (rather than overloading AM) and have consistent patterns of interaction and UX experiences.

We are looking forward to collaborating on these.  Let's focus on the current baseline profiles, but we should be also starting to draft where we want to go so that we can recruit other tooling to the OSLC Enterprise.

Robert

Chief Product Officer – Linked Data

418 N. Main Street 2nd Floor/Suite 200, Royal Oak, Michigan 48067, USA
Ph: 716 261 8338
sodiuswillert.com

Try out our Jira and Confluence OSLC Tools on the Atlassian Marketplace

From: Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>
Date: Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 11:49 AM
To: Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>, David Honey2 <david.honey@...>, Jim Amsden <jamsden@...>, "e.gentry@..." <e.gentry@...>
Cc: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>

Hi, I put together a simple table for the possible profiles after the call: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fjjGvHrv2yPru8S_6HNoJ5atn6617cUfFUDRz5xAfKQ/edit?usp=sharing Please look at them and tell me what you think. Thanks to Eran

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

Hi,

I put together a simple table for the possible profiles after the call: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fjjGvHrv2yPru8S_6HNoJ5atn6617cUfFUDRz5xAfKQ/edit?usp=sharing

Please look at them and tell me what you think. Thanks to Eran for taking extra time to explain some things to me.

/A

Re: Link profiles

Michael Rowe

Thanks Andrii

--

Michael Rowe
STSM & MBA – Technical Strategist, ELM Architecture

+1(720)342-2713 Office
michael.rowe@...
@michaelrowe01
ibm.co/elm

Sustainable Software

From: oslc-op@... <oslc-op@...> on behalf of Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>
Date: Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 11:49
To: Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>, David Honey2 <david.honey@...>, Jim Amsden <jamsden@...>, e.gentry@... <e.gentry@...>
Cc: oslc-op@... <oslc-op@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [oslc-op] Link profiles

Hi, I put together a simple table for the possible profiles after the call: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fjjGvHrv2yPru8S_6HNoJ5atn6617cUfFUDRz5xAfKQ/edit?usp=sharing Please look at them and tell me what you think. Thanks to Eran

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

Hi,

I put together a simple table for the possible profiles after the call: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fjjGvHrv2yPru8S_6HNoJ5atn6617cUfFUDRz5xAfKQ/edit?usp=sharing

Please look at them and tell me what you think. Thanks to Eran for taking extra time to explain some things to me.

/A

Link profiles

Andrii Berezovskyi

Hi,

I put together a simple table for the possible profiles after the call: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fjjGvHrv2yPru8S_6HNoJ5atn6617cUfFUDRz5xAfKQ/edit?usp=sharing

Please look at them and tell me what you think. Thanks to Eran for taking extra time to explain some things to me.

/A

Re: Now: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - 05/26/2022 #cal-notice

Andrii Berezovskyi

Had a great meeting today, welcoming Michael Rowe and having a deep dive into Linking profiles: see https://github.com/oslc-op/oasis-open-project/blob/master/minutes/2022/2022-05-26.md for the MoM.

From: <oslc-op@...> on behalf of Group Notification <noreply@...>
Date: Thursday, 26 May 2022 at 16:00
To: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>
Subject: [oslc-op] Now: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - 05/26/2022 #cal-notice

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
05/26/2022
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer: Jim Amsden jamsden@...

View Event

oslc-op contributors weekly telecon.

One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op

Meeting ID: 2979764690#

The meeting minutes are edited in https://hackmd.io/@driib/oslc-op-minutes/edit
Previous minutes can be found under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/tree/master/minutes/2019

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op

Now: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - 05/26/2022 #cal-notice

Group Notification <noreply@...>

[...]

A Special Majority Vote to consider OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0 as a Project Specification has been set up

Chet Ensign

Participants of the OSLC Open Project,

A Special Majority Vote to consider OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0 as a Project Specification has been set up.

The ballot opens on 24 May 2022 at 00:00 UTC. It closes 30 May 2022 at 23:59 UTC. You can access the ballot at:

https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/message/239

This ballot is only open to voting members of the Project Governing Board. I currently show the following members as eligible to vote:

Jim Amsden (IBM)
Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
Axel Reichwein (Koneksys)

If you are interested in sponsoring the OSLC Open Project and becoming a member of the PGB, please send email to op-admin@....

Please feel free to send any questions this ballot to the list.

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

Re: Request a Special Majority Vote to approve a Sp ecification for OSLC Configuration Management V ersion 1.0. from OSLC-OP

Chet Ensign

This request has opened ticket https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-4194 to set up your ballot. Sending this to you since for some reason email from JIRA is not making it through right now.

/chet

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 2:32 PM Chet Ensign via lists.oasis-open-projects.org <chet.ensign=oasis-open.org@...> wrote:
Your name:
  Jim Amsden
Project name:
  OSLC-OP
Project email address:
  oslc-op@...
Title and version number:
  OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0.
Comment resolution log:
  https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op/topics
Approval:
  https://github.com/oslc-op/oasis-open-project/blob/master/minutes/2022/2022-01-13.md
Notes:
  The notification of intent to publish PS01 was sent middle of Jan, but it appears we forgot to request the SMV to approve the document.

Your request automatically opens a ticket in the project administrator's JIRA issue tracker. To see the current queue of support tickets and find yours, click here.

--

[...]

Re: [oslc-op-pgb] Formal notice of intent to publish OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0

Andrii Berezovskyi

Hello,

I suspect we simply forgot or the OASIS request form submission did not go through and we forgot to follow.

Jim, Axel, should we re-request an SMV vote and promote Config to a PS? We should make it in time before everyone leaves for a summer break.

/Andrew

On 2022-01-13, at 21:24, Jim Amsden <jamsden@...> wrote:

Dear PGB members,

The rules require us to notify you at least 14 days before submitting the ballots for the spec drafts publication. We are hereby notifying you of the OP intention to publish Subject: Formal notice of intent to publish OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0 in 2 weeks’ time.

The package is attached. Leave comments here or under Publish Config v1.0 PS01

Regards,
Andrew and Jim on behalf of the OSLC OP maintainers

<config-v1.0-ps01.zip>

Minutes 2022-05-19

Andrii Berezovskyi

Minutes from the today's meeting can be found under https://github.com/oslc-op/oasis-open-project/blob/master/minutes/2022/2022-05-19.md

/Andrew

Now: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - 05/19/2022 #cal-notice

Group Notification <noreply@...>

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
05/19/2022
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer: Jim Amsden jamsden@...

View Event

oslc-op contributors weekly telecon.

One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#

The meeting minutes are edited in https://hackmd.io/@driib/oslc-op-minutes/edit
Previous minutes can be found under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/tree/master/minutes/2019

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op

Invitation to comment on OSLC PROMCODE v1.0 Errata 01 - ends June 2nd

Paul Knight

OASIS members and other interested parties,

OASIS and the OASIS OSLC Lifecycle Integration for Project Management of Contracted Delivery (OSLC PROMCODE) TC are pleased to announce that OSLC PROMCODE v1.0 Errata 01 is now available for public review and comment.

This document lists errata for the OASIS Standard "OSLC PROMCODE Version 1.0." As described in the document, there are no changes to the published textual documents of the OASIS Standard (Part 1: Specification, Part 2: Vocabulary, and Part 3: Constraints). Changes have been made only to the two machine-readable "turtle" files (promcode-vocab.ttl and promcode-shapes.ttl). The modified "turtle" files are included in this publication.

The documents and related files are available here:

OSLC PROMCODE Version 1.0 Errata 01
Committee Specification Draft 01

HTML:
https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/errata01/csd01/promcode-v1.0-errata01-csd01.html (Authoritative)
PDF:
https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/errata01/csd01/promcode-v1.0-errata01-csd01.pdf

Machine-readable files
Vocabulary terms: https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/errata01/csd01/promcode-vocab.ttl
Constraints: https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/errata01/csd01/promcode-shapes.ttl

For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the specification document and any related files in ZIP distribution files. You can download the ZIP file at:
https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/errata01/csd01/promcode-v1.0-errata01-csd01.zip

How to Provide Feedback

OASIS and the OSLC PROMCODE TC value your feedback. We solicit input from developers, users and others, whether OASIS members or not, for the sake of improving the interoperability and quality of our technical work.

This 15-day public review starts 19 May 2022 at 00:00 UTC and ends 02 June 2022 at 23:59 UTC.

Additional information about this review and any previous public reviews is published with the specification documents at:
https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/errata01/csd01/promcode-v1.0-errata01-csd01-public-review-metadata.html

Comments may be submitted to the TC by any person through the use of the OASIS TC Comment Facility which can be used by following the instructions on the TC's "Send A Comment" page (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=oslc-promcode).

Comments submitted by TC non-members for this work and for other work of this TC are publicly archived and can be viewed at:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oslc-promcode-comment/

All comments submitted to OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback License, which ensures that the feedback you provide carries the same obligations at least as the obligations of the TC members. In connection with this public review, we call your attention to the OASIS IPR Policy [1] applicable especially [2] to the work of this technical committee. All members of the TC should be familiar with this document, which may create obligations regarding the disclosure and availability of a member's patent, copyright, trademark and license rights that read on an approved OASIS specification.

OASIS invites any persons who know of any such claims to disclose these if they may be essential to the implementation of the above specification, so that notice of them may be posted to the notice page for this TC's work.

Additional information about the specification and the OSLC PROMCODE TC can be found at the TC's public home page:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/oslc-promcode/

========== Additional references:

[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr/

[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/oslc-promcode/ipr.php
https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr/#RF-on-Limited-Mode
RF on Limited Terms Mode
--
OASIS...Setting the standard for open collaboration

Re: OSLC Linking Profile discussion tomorrow

Andrii Berezovskyi

Jim,

I agree that we should not forget about those specs.

Re: TRS, I see it as a period of waiting till the end of Q3 for implementation reports to come in. Then in Q4 we will move it to OS. I will see over the summer if I can find enough time to author a TRS Push draft.

Re: Config, the main person driving is David and he is limited in time he could devote to the OP work.

I did not forget about these specs, but in the meantime we can work on a first profile.

/A

On 18 May 2022, at 17:19, Jim Amsden <jamsden@...> wrote:

Andrew,
Agree in principle, but I want to be sure we maintain focus on getting TRS and Configuration Management specs moved to OASIS Standard too, at least as best we can.

From: <oslc-op@...> on behalf of Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 8:28 AM
To: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>, "e.gentry@..." <e.gentry@...>, Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [oslc-op] OSLC Linking Profile discussion tomorrow

Dear OP members, Given that editorial discussions largely slowed down in the OP given our great progress with the OS/PS publications, I suggest we move the OSLC Profiles discussion from the monthly impact calls to our weekly meetings. We will
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
Dear OP members,

Given that editorial discussions largely slowed down in the OP given our great progress with the OS/PS publications, I suggest we move the OSLC Profiles discussion from the monthly impact calls to our weekly meetings. We will do a quick status update in the beginning on the PNs and then move to the Profiles discussion.

The first profile to be worked on is OSLC Linking Profile (or UI L. P. + REST Resource Update P., following the use-case for storing links on the provider side from Ed). We have a table of suggested clauses to make MUSTs and I just created a collaborative Markdown document for working on the UI Linking Profile spec draft (you need to sign in with your Github account to be able to edit).

See you tomorrow!

Cheers,
Andrew

P.S. Ed, Eran, please check that you signed up to the OP mailing list, we will continue our discussions here.

From: <oslc-op@...> on behalf of Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 8:28 AM
To: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>, "e.gentry@..." <e.gentry@...>, Eran Gery <eran.gery@...>

[...]

Re: Now: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - 05/12/2022 #cal-notice

Andrii Berezovskyi

On 12 May 2022, at 16:00, Group Notification <noreply@...> wrote:

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
05/12/2022
[...]

Now: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - 05/05/2022 #cal-notice

oslc-op@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <noreply@...>

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
05/05/2022
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer: Jim Amsden jamsden@...

View Event

oslc-op contributors weekly telecon.

One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#

The meeting minutes are edited in https://hackmd.io/@driib/oslc-op-minutes/edit
Previous minutes can be found under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/tree/master/minutes/2019

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op