Date

Now: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - 03/24/2022 #cal-notice

oslc-op@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <noreply@...>

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
03/24/2022
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer: Jim Amsden jamsden@...

View Event

oslc-op contributors weekly telecon.

One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#

The meeting minutes are edited in https://hackmd.io/@driib/oslc-op-minutes/edit
Previous minutes can be found under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/tree/master/minutes/2019

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op

OSLC PROMCODE Version 1.0 OASIS Standard published

Chet Ensign

OASIS Members,

OASIS is pleased to announce the publication of its newest OASIS Standard, approved by the members on March 11, 2022:

OSLC PROMCODE Version 1.0
OASIS Standard

Managing software delivery can be highly challenging due to the diversity of the development processes, methods, tools and platforms used by different organizations participating in a project. Manual work done in order to exchange proprietary management data is inefficient, error-prone and inflexible. OSLC PROMCODE Version 1.0 is designed to address the need for systematic sharing of project management information within and between organizations.

The Project received 3 Statements of Use from IBM, Fujitsu, and NEC.

URIs

The OASIS Standard and all related files are available here:

Part 1: Specification

https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/os/promcode-spec.html

https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/os/promcode-spec.pdf

Part 2: Vocabulary

https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/os/promcode-vocab.html

https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/os/promcode-vocab.pdf

Part 3: Constraints

https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/os/promcode-shapes.html

https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/os/promcode-shapes.pdf

Machine-readable files

Vocabulary terms:
https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/os/promcode-vocab.ttl

Constraints:
https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/os/promcode-shapes.ttl

Distribution ZIP files

For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose specification and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the ZIP file here:

https://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/promcode/v1.0/os/promcode-v1.0-os.zip

Our congratulations to the members of the SAM TC on achieving this milestone.

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

Now: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - 03/17/2022 #cal-notice

oslc-op@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <noreply@...>

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
03/17/2022
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer: Jim Amsden jamsden@...

View Event

oslc-op contributors weekly telecon.

One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#

The meeting minutes are edited in https://hackmd.io/@driib/oslc-op-minutes/edit
Previous minutes can be found under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/tree/master/minutes/2019

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op

Re: Time saving

Jad El-Khoury

I guess it's just a number in the end. Not sure how it can make the evening longer.
What would be really practical would be to have one common global timezone,   to make it esiser to book our meetings.

Having said that, the time change means i have a clash with a local meeting.

Jad

From: <oslc-op@...> on behalf of Jad El-Khoury <jad@...>
Date: Tuesday, 15 March 2022 at 09:17
To: "OASIS OSLC Open Project (oslc-op@...)" <oslc-op@...>
Subject: [oslc-op] Time saving

Hi

It’s that time of the year again, where time savings kick in differently. we in Sweden are still on the old time, but I suspect some have already changed?

So what time is the OSLC OP following? CET?

______________________________
Jad El-khoury, PhD
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division
Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

From: <oslc-op@...> on behalf of Jad El-Khoury <jad@...>
Date: Tuesday, 15 March 2022 at 09:17
To: "OASIS OSLC Open Project (oslc-op@...)" <oslc-op@...>

https://www.almanac.com/content/when-daylight-saving-time

So what time is the OSLC OP following? CET?

______________________________

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@..., www.kth.se

Time saving

Jad El-Khoury

Hi

It’s that time of the year again, where time savings kick in differently. we in Sweden are still on the old time, but I suspect some have already changed?

https://www.almanac.com/content/when-daylight-saving-time

So what time is the OSLC OP following? CET?

______________________________

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@..., www.kth.se

OASIS Services Packages and New Sponsorship Options for Open Projects

Carol Geyer

OSLC Members,
The OASIS Open Projects program has come a long way since it was introduced in early 2019. We owe so much to the support, suggestions, and experiences you've brought to us.

Based on some of your feedback and lessons we've learned together, we've made two exciting updates that we hope will provide more clarity, opportunities, and options for your group. Note that these do not impose any changes on your current membership.

1) We've clarified our Open Project Services in a new Matrix and FAQ
  • Projects receive either the Basic or Plus package of Core Services.
    • Basic includes all the essentials for operating a successful Open Project.
    • Plus provides more extensive support for larger, more active Open Projects.
Because Core Services are funded by General Sponsor dues, projects qualify for Basic or Plus based on the amount of sponsorship they have. OSLC currently qualifies for the Basic package. The detailed list contained in the matrix should be useful for your planning as we move forward.
  • Sponsors will have the option to select and fund Supplemental Services and receive added recognition for their support. If  OSLC should need to engage in activities that require resources outside our Core Services, this may be helpful.

2) We've added "Premier" option for OCA sponsorship.
  • Annual dues are $60K (regardless of an organization's size).
  • Premiers may designate $20K from their dues to fund Supplemental Services for their OP.
  • Premiers may choose how their dues allocation will be used, pending approval by the PGB.
  • General Sponsors current benefits and dues are unchanged.
Staff will be available to discuss these updates at upcoming PGB meetings. If you have specific questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Thanks so much for your continued support,
Carol

--

Carol Geyer

Chief Development Officer

OASIS Open

+1 941-284-0403
carol.geyer@...
www.oasis-open.org
_._,_._,_

OSLC PROMCODE V1.0 is approved as an OASIS Standard

Chet Ensign

OASIS is pleased to announce that the call for consent has closed [1] and, effective 11 March 2022, OSLC PROMCODE Version 1.0 is an OASIS Standard. TC Administration will now undertake the final tasks of preparing and loading the standard.

The ballot was held under the OASIS call for consent procedure [2]. In the ballot, the candidate for OASIS Standard received 12 affirmative consents and no objections.

Our congratulations to the members of the TC and to the community of implementers, developers and users who have brought the work successfully to this milestone

Additional information

[1] Ballot:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=3688

[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26#OScallForConsent

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

Now: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - 03/10/2022 #cal-notice

oslc-op@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <noreply@...>

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
03/10/2022
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-05:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer: Jim Amsden jamsden@...

View Event

oslc-op contributors weekly telecon.

One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#

The meeting minutes are edited in https://hackmd.io/@driib/oslc-op-minutes/edit
Previous minutes can be found under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/tree/master/minutes/2019

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op

It is time for that bi-annual tsunami we call Daylight Savings Time

Chet Ensign

Heads up for any of you scheduling projects with cross-ocean participants, it is that time of year.

North America goes to Daylight savings time on Sunday, March 13th.  Europe and much of the rest of the world will make the switch on March 27th.

Much of Asia doesn't bother. Note also that the Middle East shifts on different days. Israel, for example, changes on Friday the 25th while Palestine shifts on Saturday the 26th.

So, to avoid confusion, have everybody double-check their calendars.

Or take a two week break and let the dust settle that way.

Best,

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

OSLC Tracked Resource Set v3.0 Project Specification 01 approved by the OSLC Open Project

Paul Knight

OASIS is pleased to announce that OSLC Tracked Resource Set Version 3.0 from the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration Open Project [1] has been approved as an OASIS Project Specification.

Managing change and configuration in a complex systems development lifecycle is very difficult, especially in heterogeneous environments that include homegrown tools, open source projects, and commercial tools from different vendors. The OSLC initiative applies World Wide Web and Linked Data principles to enable interoperation of change, configuration, and asset management processes across a product's entire application and product lifecycle.

The Tracked Resource Set protocol allows a server to expose a set of resources in a way that allows clients to discover that set of resources, to track additions to and removals from the set, and to track state changes to the resources in the set. The protocol does not assume that clients will dereference the resources, but they could do so. The protocol is suitable for dealing with sets containing a large number of resources, as well as highly active resource sets that undergo continual change. The protocol is HTTP-based and follows RESTful principles.

This Project Specification is an OASIS deliverable, completed and approved by the OP's Project Governing Board and fully ready for testing and implementation. The applicable open source licenses can be found in the project's administrative repository at https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/blob/master/LICENSE.md.

The specification and related files are available at:

OSLC Tracked Resource Set Version 3.0
Project Specification 01

- OSLC Tracked Resource Set Version 3.0. Part 1: Specification
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs/v3.0/ps01/tracked-resource-set.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs/v3.0/ps01/tracked-resource-set.pdf

- OSLC Tracked Resource Set Version 3.0. Part 2: Vocabulary
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs/v3.0/ps01/tracked-resource-set-vocab.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs/v3.0/ps01/tracked-resource-set-vocab.pdf

- OSLC Tracked Resource Set Version 3.0. Part 3: Constraints
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs/v3.0/ps01/tracked-resource-set-shapes.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs/v3.0/ps01/tracked-resource-set-shapes.pdf

- OSLC Tracked Resource Set RDF Vocabulary definitions file:
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs/v3.0/ps01/trs-vocab.ttl

- OSLC Tracked Resource Set Resource Shape Constraints definitions file:
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs/v3.0/ps01/trs-shapes.ttl

Distribution ZIP file

For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the specification and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the ZIP file at:
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs/v3.0/ps01/trs-v3.0-ps01.zip

Members of the OSLC OP Project Governing Board approved this specification by Special Majority Votes [2] as required by the Open Project rules [3].

Our congratulations to the participants and contributors in the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration Open Project on their achieving this milestone.

========== Additional references:

[1] Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration Open Project
https://open-services.net/

[2] Approval ballot:
- https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/message/220

[3] https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/open-projects-process/
--

Paul Knight

Document Process

OASIS Open

+1 781 425 5073
paul.knight@...
www.oasis-open.org

Re: Now: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - 03/03/2022 #cal-notice

Andrii Berezovskyi

Minutes: https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/blob/master/minutes/2022/2022-03-03.md

From: <oslc-op@...> on behalf of "oslc-op@... Calendar" <noreply@...>
Date: Thursday, 3 March 2022 at 16:00
To: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>
Subject: [oslc-op] Now: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - 03/03/2022 #cal-notice

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
03/03/2022
[...]

Re: Errata in OSLC Quality Management Specification Version 2.1 OASIS Standard 19 January 2022

Chet Ensign

Sounds good to me. We can go with that.

/chet

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 4:07 PM Paul Knight <paul.knight@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Here are my initial comments, subject to Chet's review:

Since the files for this OASIS Standard have not yet been installed and announced, I think we can handle this without issuing Errata.

I would suggest something like a "README" text file included in the publication directory, to note that line 240 of this file has been corrected, and now differs from the file approved by the membership of OASIS during the "Call for Consent". (i.e., the file at https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/qm/v2.1/ps01/quality-management-shapes.ttl)

We could also include similar language in the announcement of the publication of the OS.

Best regards,
Paul

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 2:44 PM Jim Amsden <jamsden@...> wrote:

Chet,

We discovered a copy/paste mistake in one of the above specification’s additional components files. File quality-management-shapes.ttl contains:

:TestResultShape

        a                    oslc:ResourceShape ;

        oslc:describes       oslc_qm:TestResult ;

        oslc:property        [ a                        oslc:Property ;

                               oslc:allowedValue        "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.failed" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.inconclusive" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.passed" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.deferred" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.incomplete" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.blocked" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.part_blocked" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.perm_failed" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.error" ;

                               oslc:hidden              false ;

                               oslc:isMemberProperty    false ;

                               oslc:name                "status" ;

                               oslc:occurs              oslc:Zero-or-one ;

                               oslc:propertyDefinition  oslc_qm:status ;

                               oslc:readOnly            false ;

                               oslc:valueType           xsd:string ;

                               dcterms:description      "Used to indicate the state of the Test Result based on values defined by the service provider. Most often a read-only property." ;

                               dcterms:title            "Status" , "Status"@en

                             ] ;

Ths should be:

:TestResultShape

        a                    oslc:ResourceShape ;

        oslc:describes       oslc_qm:TestResult ;

        oslc:property        [ a                        oslc:Property ;

                               oslc:hidden              false ;

                               oslc:isMemberProperty    false ;

                               oslc:name                "status" ;

                               oslc:occurs              oslc:Zero-or-one ;

                               oslc:propertyDefinition  oslc_qm:status ;

                               oslc:readOnly            false ;

                               oslc:valueType           xsd:string ;

                               dcterms:description      "Used to indicate the state of the Test Result based on values defined by the service provider. Most often a read-only property." ;

                              dcterms:title            "Status" , "Status"@en

                             ] ;

The oslc:allowedValues contained content copied from the IBM implementation that should have been removed. This was editing oversight that does not result in any changes to any of the other published specification parts.

Note that the Turtle file, quality-management-shapes.ttl is the normative content which the normative sections in the specification generated from this file. The oslc:allowedValues is not included in any of these ReSpec rendered documents.

How should we go about following an errata process to update quality-management-shapes.ttl and remove the oslc:allowedValues?

--

Paul Knight

Document Process

OASIS Open

+1 781 425 5073
paul.knight@...
www.oasis-open.org

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

Re: Request for SMV to promote OSLC Architecture Management Specification Version 3.0, PS01 to Candidate Oasis Standard

Chet Ensign

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 2:55 PM Jim Amsden <jamsden@...> wrote:

The oslc-op wishes to request a Special Majority Vote for the PGB to approve the OSLC Open Project Architecture Management 3.0 Specification, Project Specification revision 01 as a Candidate OASIS Standard. The PGB has received the required three Statements of Use.

--

[...]

Jim Amsden

[...]

201 - 220 of 991