Date   

OSLC Change Management v3.0 PS 01 notice

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Dear OP contributors,

I'd like to notify you on behalf of the PGB of the intent to publish OSLC Change Management v3.0 PS 01 in two weeks' time. OASIS administrator is requested to open a ballot on September 10.

OP contributors can find the spec package under github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/releases. I am attaching a copy for those who are not Github org members.

--
Andrew


oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - Thu, 08/27/2020 #cal-notice

oslc-op@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
Thursday, 27 August 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer:
jamsden@...

Description:
oslc-op contributors weekly telecon. 


One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#
 
The meeting minutes are edited in https://hackmd.io/@driib/oslc-op-minutes/edit
Previous minutes can be found under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/tree/master/minutes/2019 

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op 
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op
Mailing list: oslc-op@... (archives: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op)


Intent to publish OSLC AM PSD 01

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Dear OP contributors,

I'd like to notify you on behalf of the PGB of the intent to publish OSLC Architecture Management v3.0 PSD 01 in two weeks' time. I will open a ballot on September 10.

OP contributors can find the spec PSD under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/releases. I am attaching a copy for those who are not Github org members.

--
Andrew


Query has been published

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Hello,

It is my pleasure to announce the Query spec publication!

OSLC Query Version 3.0
Project Specification Draft 01
03 July 2020

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/query/v3.0/psd01/oslc-query.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/query/v3.0/psd01/oslc-query.pdf

--
Andrew


Re: [EXTERNAL] [oslc-op] [ANN] Apache Jena 3.16.0

Nick Crossley <nick_crossley@...>
 

RDF* is OK, but I really wish they had generalized it to allow a shorthand for including a set of triples, not just a single one. As mentioned in at least one of Olaf Hartig's notes on RDF*, one way of implementing annotation other than the obvious reification is to use a graph URI as a subject:

// Example from TriG spec
:G1 { :Monica a ex:Person ;
              ex:name "Monica Murphy" ;
              ex:homepage <http://www.monicamurphy.org> ;
              ex:email <mailto:monica@...> ;
              ex:hasSkill ex:Management ,
                          ex:Programming . }
// Example from Olaf Hartig
:G1 :significance 0.8 .

The extensions in SPARQL* do not necessarily extend to this data, but might happen to work in some implementations if the RDF* was parsed into single-statement named graphs and SPARQL* queries were also translated into queries on named graphs. Why not make this correspondence cleaner and allow annotation of multiple statements in a convenient manner? I can't see people using constructs like this without further automation or syntactic sugar:

<<:Monica a ex:Person>>                                 :significance 0.8 .
<<:Monica ex:name "Monica Murphy">>                     :significance 0.8 .
<<:Monica ex:homepage <http://www.monicamurphy.org> >>  :significance 0.8 .
<<:Monica ex:email <mailto:monica@...> >>  :significance 0.8 .
<<:Monica ex:hasSkill ex:Management>>                   :significance 0.8 .
<<:Monica ex:hasSkill ex:Programming>>                  :significance 0.8 .

Yes, as shown in the Jena docs, you can write SPARQL Update clauses to automate the insertion of such annotations to a quad store that already includes such graphs, but that somewhat misses the point; you have no easy way to express this kind of batch annotation in the original data source.

Nick.



From:        "Andrii Berezovskyi" <andriib@...>
To:        "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>, "lyo-dev@..." <lyo-dev@...>
Date:        08/26/2020 08:15 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [oslc-op] [ANN] Apache Jena 3.16.0
Sent by:        oslc-op@...




Hello,

This is great news for us, we will make sure to upgrade to 3.16 in Lyo 4 so that all apps can take advantage of RDF*

--
Andrew


On W29 13 July 2020 at 16:54:45, Andy Seaborne (andy@...) wrote:
> The Apache Jena development community is pleased to
> announce the release of Apache Jena 3.16.0.
>
> In this release:
>
> Completed support for RDF* with implementation for TDB1 and TDB2.
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jena.apache.org_documentation_rdfstar_&d=DwIGaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=GjwCRqtPs7eIJIYQ2Ts1FtMhYFjprGd8jgbGBRR0LKQ&m=3Ey_4diW7NKbQY75WKb8etMVGin2QjB7kTQZHKn8zQo&s=VVvJiZTFoUsTFrjlNrFEDNWIIRKqPFUJublgk4ENVis&e=
>
> SHACL Compact Syntax reader
>
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jena.apache.org_documentation_shacl_&d=DwIGaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=GjwCRqtPs7eIJIYQ2Ts1FtMhYFjprGd8jgbGBRR0LKQ&m=3Ey_4diW7NKbQY75WKb8etMVGin2QjB7kTQZHKn8zQo&s=aXHrabxCO_bG--JmZQMh8SdCHHOzilPqyz1fwq2eKhc&e=
>
> This release is soon after 3.15.0 to fix the problem with
> the standalone Fuseki server.







Re: SHACL and SHACLC mime types

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

FYI, SHACL is defining a simplified DSL matching ShEx in broad terms.

--
Andrew

On W27 1 July 2020 at 08:58:17, Vladimir Alexiev (vladimir.alexiev@...) wrote:
- https://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/shaclc is
registered.
- https://github.com/VladimirAlexiev/shaclc-mode is a simple Emacs
mode. I include shots showing it's a lot more pleasant to work with SHACLC
than SHACL
- https://github.com/TopQuadrant/shacl/issues/98 we're hoping for
further collaboration between TQ and ONTO to make SHACLC as powerful as
SHACL, enabling loss-less conversion between the two


[ANN] Apache Jena 3.16.0

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Hello,

This is great news for us, we will make sure to upgrade to 3.16 in Lyo 4 so that all apps can take advantage of RDF*

--
Andrew

On W29 13 July 2020 at 16:54:45, Andy Seaborne (andy@...) wrote:
The Apache Jena development community is pleased to
announce the release of Apache Jena 3.16.0.

In this release:

Completed support for RDF* with implementation for TDB1 and TDB2.
https://jena.apache.org/documentation/rdfstar/

SHACL Compact Syntax reader
https://jena.apache.org/documentation/shacl/

This release is soon after 3.15.0 to fix the problem with
the standalone Fuseki server.


Re: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - Thu, 08/20/2020 #cal-notice

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

On 20 August 2020, at 16:00, oslc-op@... Calendar <noreply@...> wrote:

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
Thursday, 20 August 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer:
jamsden@...

Description:
oslc-op contributors weekly telecon. 


One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#
 

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op 
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op
Mailing list: oslc-op@... (archives: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op)



oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - Thu, 08/20/2020 #cal-notice

oslc-op@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
Thursday, 20 August 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer:
jamsden@...

Description:
oslc-op contributors weekly telecon. 


One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#
 
The meeting minutes are edited in https://hackmd.io/@driib/oslc-op-minutes/edit
Previous minutes can be found under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/tree/master/minutes/2019 

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op 
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op
Mailing list: oslc-op@... (archives: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op)


[oasis-open-projects/administration] OSLC Query 3.0 PSD 01 publication (#10)

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Hello David,

Chet is asking me for the status of the final touches on the Query spec PSD before it can be published. Please check it when you some have time available.

--
Cheers,
Andrew

From: OASIS-OP-Admin <notifications@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2020 5:59 PM
To: oasis-open-projects/administration
Cc: Andrew Berezovskyi; Mention
Subject: Re: [oasis-open-projects/administration] OSLC Query 3.0 PSD 01 publication (#10)
 

@berezovskyi, did you get a chance to make these updates? If so, we can get started publishing it. - /chet


You are receiving this because you were mentioned.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub, or unsubscribe.


Re: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - Thu, 08/13/2020 #cal-notice

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Hello,

Today there are no minutes published.

Attendees: Andrew, Jad, Jim, Nick.

Highlights:

- QM PS01 announced
- RM PS01 announced
- Jim is preparing AM PSD and Core PS and CM PS

--
Best regards,
Andrew

On 13 August 2020, at 16:00, oslc-op@... Calendar <noreply@...> wrote:

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
Thursday, 13 August 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer:
jamsden@...

Description:
oslc-op contributors weekly telecon. 


One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#
 

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op 
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op
Mailing list: oslc-op@... (archives: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op)



oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - Thu, 08/13/2020 #cal-notice

oslc-op@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
Thursday, 13 August 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer:
jamsden@...

Description:
oslc-op contributors weekly telecon. 


One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#
 
The meeting minutes are edited in https://hackmd.io/@driib/oslc-op-minutes/edit
Previous minutes can be found under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/tree/master/minutes/2019 

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op 
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op
Mailing list: oslc-op@... (archives: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op)


Notification of the RM v2.1 PS01 publication

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Dear OSLC OP contributors,

I would like to notify you on behalf of the PGB of the upcoming OSLC RM v2.1 PS01 publication. The new OASIS rules require PGB to notify the OP of the publication 14 days in advance of a special majority set up by OASIS Admin (follow https://github.com/oasis-open-projects/administration/issues/12 for details).

Title: OSLC Requirements Management Version 2.1 Project Specification 01

Link to the package: https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/releases/tag/untagged-b37145e53b57b5aa27c5. Follow the link to rm-v2.1-ps01.zip (currently https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/releases/download/untagged-b37145e53b57b5aa27c5/rm-v2.1-ps01.zip). If you are not part of the OSLC OP Github org, I am attaching the ZIP file for your convenience.


OASIS to launch Open Matters Forum, 19 Aug

Jane Harnad
 

Dear OSLC Sponsors,

On 19 August, we plan to launch a new virtual series called ‘Open Matters.’ Led by OASIS Executive Director, Guy Martin, these forums are informal gatherings that will engage the open development ecosystem, addressing key topics within open source and open standards communities, while helping facilitate cross-industry collaboration.

Mark your calendar!
Open Matters, episode one

Wednesday, 19 August

11:00 AM EST (15:00 UTC)


Each episode will include interviews with technology luminaries as they share their insights and debate issues on topics that matter to both the open standards and open source world. A live discussion with the audience will complete each event.


Our first episode will be a one-on-one conversation between Guy and our OASIS Board of Directors Chairman, Gershon Janssen. This will be your opportunity to get to know Guy better, ask him questions, and learn more about his vision on how best to link these two communities.


If you would like to attend the live stream and interact with Guy and Gershon, sign up to attend here.


You'll receive a Zoom webinar passcode shortly after.


Questions are welcome in advance. Send questions to jane.harnad@....


Looking forward to seeing you there!

Regards, Jane


BTW: Unable to attend? Free access to the recorded video will be available after the forum on the OASIS YouTube site.



--

Jane Harnad, Manager of Events


+1 781-425-5073 x214 (Office)
+1 703-508-3373 (Mobile)

http://www.oasis-open.org



Re: Notification of the QM v2.1 PS01 publication

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Hi,

It was brought to my attention that the ZIP file cannot be downloaded unless you are logged in to Github and are part of the OP org.

I am attaching the ZIP file here for the public.

--
Cheers,
Andrew
 

From: oslc-op-pgb@... on behalf of Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 5:36 PM
To: oslc-op@...
Cc: oslc-op-pgb@...
Subject: [oslc-op-pgb] Notification of the QM v2.1 PS01 publication
 
Dear OSLC OP contributors,

I would like to notify you on behalf of the PGB of the upcoming OSLC QM v2.1 PS01 publication. The new OASIS rules require PGB to notify the OP of the publication 14 days in advance with a ready package link and then the OASIS Admin will themselves open a ballot for us (or we can have a meeting for the PGB members, if you prefer) for the publication. The vote must be a special majority vote.

Title: OSLC Quality Management Version 2.1 Project Specification 01



Once the Project Specification Draft is approved, the PGB may act to approve it as a Project Specification. As above, the PGB must notify the participants and the Open Projects Administrator of its intent 14 days in advance. After the 14-day notification period, the Open Projects Administrator will conduct a Special Majority Vote of the PGB members. This ballot will be carried out by electronic ballot. Upon its passing, the Administrator will work with the PGB to prepare the final Project Specification, load it to the OASIS library of approved work, and promote the approval.

Dear PGB members (CCed), please indicate if you wish to have a meeting or a digital vote as we did before.

--
Best regards,
Andrew


Re: [oslc-op-pgb] Notification of the QM v2.1 PS01 publication

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Update: we are only allowed to have a PGB meeting to approve PSDs, not PSs. PS requires a ballot set up by OASIS.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

On 6 August 2020, at 17:36, Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...> wrote:

Dear OSLC OP contributors,

I would like to notify you on behalf of the PGB of the upcoming OSLC QM v2.1 PS01 publication. The new OASIS rules require PGB to notify the OP of the publication 14 days in advance with a ready package link and then the OASIS Admin will themselves open a ballot for us (or we can have a meeting for the PGB members, if you prefer) for the publication. The vote must be a special majority vote.

Title: OSLC Quality Management Version 2.1 Project Specification 01



Once the Project Specification Draft is approved, the PGB may act to approve it as a Project Specification. As above, the PGB must notify the participants and the Open Projects Administrator of its intent 14 days in advance. After the 14-day notification period, the Open Projects Administrator will conduct a Special Majority Vote of the PGB members. This ballot will be carried out by electronic ballot. Upon its passing, the Administrator will work with the PGB to prepare the final Project Specification, load it to the OASIS library of approved work, and promote the approval.

Dear PGB members (CCed), please indicate if you wish to have a meeting or a digital vote as we did before.

--
Best regards,
Andrew



Notification of the QM v2.1 PS01 publication

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Dear OSLC OP contributors,

I would like to notify you on behalf of the PGB of the upcoming OSLC QM v2.1 PS01 publication. The new OASIS rules require PGB to notify the OP of the publication 14 days in advance with a ready package link and then the OASIS Admin will themselves open a ballot for us (or we can have a meeting for the PGB members, if you prefer) for the publication. The vote must be a special majority vote.

Title: OSLC Quality Management Version 2.1 Project Specification 01



Once the Project Specification Draft is approved, the PGB may act to approve it as a Project Specification. As above, the PGB must notify the participants and the Open Projects Administrator of its intent 14 days in advance. After the 14-day notification period, the Open Projects Administrator will conduct a Special Majority Vote of the PGB members. This ballot will be carried out by electronic ballot. Upon its passing, the Administrator will work with the PGB to prepare the final Project Specification, load it to the OASIS library of approved work, and promote the approval.

Dear PGB members (CCed), please indicate if you wish to have a meeting or a digital vote as we did before.

--
Best regards,
Andrew


Re: oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - Thu, 08/06/2020 #cal-notice

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

On 6 August 2020, at 16:00, oslc-op@... Calendar <noreply@...> wrote:

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
Thursday, 6 August 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer:
jamsden@...

Description:
oslc-op contributors weekly telecon. 


One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#
 

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op 
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op
Mailing list: oslc-op@... (archives: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op)



oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - Thu, 08/06/2020 #cal-notice

oslc-op@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
Thursday, 6 August 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer:
jamsden@...

Description:
oslc-op contributors weekly telecon. 


One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#
 
The meeting minutes are edited in https://hackmd.io/@driib/oslc-op-minutes/edit
Previous minutes can be found under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/tree/master/minutes/2019 

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op 
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op
Mailing list: oslc-op@... (archives: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op)


Re: Referencing rootservices in OSLC Core - Discovering Discovery

Jim Amsden
 

David,
I think the value is low, and the potential for raising unnecessary questions/issues is high. Given that we intend to address this in a future release, I think its safer to leave it out for now. Anyone integrating with jazz.net apps can easily be made aware of rootservices. This hasn't been a problem in the past.


--
Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
ELM Quality Manager
919-525-6575




From:        "David Honey1" <DavidHoney@...>
To:        oslc-op@..., jamsden@...
Date:        07/31/2020 04:57 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [oslc-op] Referencing rootservices in OSLC Core - Discovering Discovery
Sent by:        oslc-op@...




I don't think jazz.net login is a barrier.

However, I share your concern about the accuracy of the specification.
However, on balance, I think it better to include a link to that document because:
  • The accuracy of any such document is not the responsibility of OSLC-OP. This applies with many other documents the specification references. That specific document is owned by IBM, and users can see for themselves the revision history.
  • In terms of discovering a SPC, I believe the parts relating to the various SPCs remain accurate. Yes there are omissions (such as discovery of TRS providers).
  • It's better the user can see the general pattern of discovery than to have no information at all.

Best regards,
David





From:        
"Jim Amsden" <jamsden@...>
To:        
oslc-op@...
Date:        
30/07/2020 19:27
Subject:        
[EXTERNAL] [oslc-op] Referencing rootservices in OSLC Core - Discovering Discovery
Sent by:        
oslc-op@...




We discussed today adding a reference to rootservices as an example of another way to discover discovery. This is essentially a variant of well-known since users are expected to be able to easily construct the URL.

However,
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RootServicesSpecrequires jazz.net login to access.

I'm also concerned that the rootservices specification and its actual practice may have significantly diverged over time and this specification document was never updated. It was approved May 2002, and the last time the page was updated was May 2011.

So I don't think we should add this reference after all.

--

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member

ELM Quality Manager

919-525-6575





Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU




741 - 760 of 1072