Re: AllowedValues not visible in the specs

David Honey2

Looking at oslc_qm:status in the TestResultShape shows:

                               oslc:allowedValue        "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.failed" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.inconclusive" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.passed" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.deferred" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.incomplete" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.blocked" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.part_blocked" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.perm_failed" , "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.error" ;

Also the value type is:

                               oslc:valueType           xsd:string ;

That seems like an error to me. All of those allowed values are specific to IBM’s ETM application.

The description of that property says:

“Used to indicate the state of the Test Result based on values defined by the service provider. Most often a read-only property.”

Using allowed values for a string value goes against general linked data guidance that says that enumeration values should have URIs. This means that the allowed values should be URIs, and may have a specific type that might defined as the oslc:range of that property.

I think you should submit a defect against that resource shape. Those allowed value should be removed.

David.