From: oslc-op@... <oslc-op@...> on behalf of Jad El-Khoury <jad@...>
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2022 12:00:14 PM
To: OASIS OSLC Open Project (oslc-op@...) <oslc-op@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [oslc-op] Can/Should property constraints be non-local resources?

Hi I surveyed several of the shapes RDF data of our OSLC specs, and it seems that all property constraints are defined as local nodes. All are defined within their containing resource constraint. For example, see https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/core/v3.0/os/core-shapes.ttl ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

Hi

I surveyed several of the shapes RDF data of our OSLC specs, and it seems that all property constraints are defined as local nodes. All are defined within their containing resource constraint.

For example, see https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/core/v3.0/os/core-shapes.ttl

but, when I read about the Core Common Properties (https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/core/v3.0/os/core-shapes.html#CommonPropertiesShape), I would have expected these to be globally defined, so that other resource shapes can refer to them.

But this does not seem to be the case. The Core shapes (https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/core/v3.0/os/core-shapes.ttl) only contains resource shapes with their own locally defined properties.

Does this mean that the table in section “2.1 Properties on Any Resource” is only textual, and has no equivalent in the ttl files?

Does this mean that it is not a good praxis to define property constraints globally?

regards

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@..., www.kth.se

Join oslc-op@lists.oasis-open-projects.org to automatically receive all group messages.