Re: Soliciting Statements of Use for Core 3.0 PS 02

Martin Törngren <martint@...>

Thank you Andrii,

I am pleased to approve the proposed statement.

Mvh - Best regards - Cordiali saluti - Aloha

/Martin Törngren

Professor and Center Director, Division of Mechatronics, Dept. of Machine Design,

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, KTH Royal Institute of Technology

ICES: www.ices.kth.se

TECoSA: www.tecosa.center.kth.se

Personal page www.kth.se/profile/martint

Visiting address: https://www.kth.se/en/itm/inst/mmk/kontakt

From: Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>

Date: 23 April 2021 at 01:08:10 CEST

To: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>, Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>

Dear OSLC OP contributors,

We have all the necessary votes and the ballot will be closed today. I now kindly ask the implementers to send in their Statements of Use for the OSLC Core Version 3.0 Project Specification 02. Please find the template below

%Company% has successfully implemented the OSLC Core Version 3.0 Project Specification 02 (https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/core/v3.0/ps02/oslc-core.html dated 23 April 2021), in accordance with the conformance clauses defined in Section "Conformance" of the specification. This use of the specification includes interoperation with other similar independent implementations, as well as integration with tools supporting other OSLC domain specifications.

--
Cheers,
Andrew

On 2021-04-02 , at 16:03, Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...> wrote:

Dear OSLC members,

We just started the publication process for Core 3.0 PS02. We need your statements of use to be submitted again. You should not submit them before the vote is concluded, but you can already inspect the ZIP of the package for the new version of the spec (proposed) and prepare your statements and get your management to approve them in the meantime.

Core 3.0 PS 02 highlights:

  • /.well-known/oslc/ URI prefix is now registered with IANA
    • Bootstrap section of the spec now suggests providing OSLC SP Catalog and/or Jazz RootServices resources under standard URIs for even easier bootstrapping.
  • OSLC-Core-Version header is now registered with IANA and ABNF has been defined for it.
    • Versioning expectations from Core 2.0 and Core 3.0 PS 01 were merged and clarified
  • OSLC Error support was enhanced (nested errors + identifiers)
  • Recommendation to follow CSP best practices for OSLC Delegated dialogs was added.
  • Recommendation for OSLC Servers to follow CORS best practices to allow browser based OSLC clients without unexpected errors.
  • All shapes gathered on a single page in addition to the parts where they were originally defined.
  • Broken and outdated references updated, e.g., to WHATWG HTML Living Standard.
  • Other non-breaking improvements and clarifications

All changes listed under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/milestone/25?closed=1. No breaking MUST clauses were added compared to Core 2.0. We expect all conformant Core 2.0 servers to conform to Core 3.0 PS 02 (proposed) without changes.

Proposed template (you are free to add more text, e.g., describing product features its OSLC capabilities):

%Company% has successfully implemented the OSLC Core Version 3.0 Project Specification 02 (https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/core/v3.0/ps02/oslc-core.html dated 23 April 2021), in accordance with the conformance clauses defined in Section "Conformance" of the specification. This use of the specification includes interoperation with other similar independent implementations, as well as integration with tools supporting other OSLC domain specifications.

Thank you for your efforts! We will send the actual request soliciting these SoUs to be submitted to this mailing list after the vote is concluded.

--

–Andrew.

Join oslc-op@lists.oasis-open-projects.org to automatically receive all group messages.