Re: ReSpec updates

Andrii Berezovskyi

Thanks Nick! I will try your updates on the TRS spec draft.

--
/Andrew
(from phone)

3 juli 2019 kl. 01:01 skrev Nicholas Crossley <nick_crossley@...>:

Based on the responses so far, I have updated ReSpec to generate URIs at open-services.net/specifications/short-name-minus-oslc/label/filename.[html|pdf], and a latest version at open-services.net/specifications/short-name-minus-oslc/filename.[html|pdf] (that is, the same with no label).

To use this, REMOVE all conf variable definitions for thisVersion, prevVersion, etc., REMOVE the definition of revision and ADD a (now mandatory) conf.label variable with the value you want to appear above. I have checked in a rev of oslc-core.html with these changes so you can see what it looks like.

Reminder: the Open Project and updated ReSpec also requires other actions to be taken:
  • Update all URIs in additional parts (NOT currently auto-generated by ReSpec, but probably will be in the future), biblios, etc.
  • Replace any explicit references to OASIS TCs and related terms with open project equivalents
  • Remove any IPR Policy sections
  • Remove <hr> between top-level sections, since ReSpec now generates those; keep other wanted <hr> rules.

This is rev 2.1.2 of ReSpec. Use version 2.1.1 to get the previous behavior (<script src='https://raw.githack.com/oasis-tcs/tab-respec/master/builds/respec-oasis-common-2.1.1.js'async class='remove'></script>).

I'm happy to tweak these as needed later. I'll be around until tomorrow (Wednesday) evening to make emergency fixes.

Nick.

From:        Jim Amsden/Raleigh/IBM
To:        Nicholas Crossley/Seattle/Contr/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:        "Andrii Berezovskyi" <andriib@...>
Date:        07/02/2019 08:25 AM
Subject:        Re: ReSpec updates

Nick,
My reading of https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/open-projects-process#project-specificationsis that OASIS specifically requires standards track documents to be published in the OASIS Document Library. This is what we have been doing, and I see no reason to change.

We can have redirects at open-services.net to whatever we want, but this is not were published OASIS documents should be managed. OASIS needs full control of the published specs, and open-services.net wouldn't provide this.

--
Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
ELM Quality Manager

From:        Nicholas Crossley/Seattle/Contr/IBM
To:        Jim Amsden/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "Andrii Berezovskyi" <andriib@...>
Date:        07/02/2019 10:46 AM

Jim, Andrew,

The only substantive changes to ReSpec that are not yet checked in concern URI generation. Before checking in those changes, I'd like to make sure we're all on the same page as to the likely URIs we want to publish for the specs.

Our previous proposal was to use open-services.net URIs as the externally published URI for all stages of all specs, with redirects to whichever hosting service we were using at the time (docs.oasis-open.org, github pages, rawcdn.githack.com / raw.githack.com, etc.).

I've got list in all the flurry of emails and issue updates since the last meeting, but it seems as if Jim is now proposing to have all docs published at docs.oasis-open.org while Andrew is proposing gh-pages. The fact that we still have this variance seems to me to make it even more preferable that we use the open-services.net URIs as primary.

Nick.

From:        Jim Amsden/Raleigh/IBM
To:        Nicholas Crossley/Seattle/Contr/IBM@IBMUS
Date:        07/02/2019 07:29 AM
Subject:        ReSpec updates

Nick,
Can you be sure to checkin what you have before you leave for vacation? That way maybe I can make simple cosmetic changes to get things aligned with OASIS PS Template details.

Re: generating the edDraftURL, thisVersion, prevVersion, latestVersion URLs. I suggest following the proposal in https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/issues/19: publishing in https://docs.oasis-open.org, using the OASIS naming conventions for the path, but not the file name. This will provide all the same information, but will not break relative links.

Only variation is to trim off oslc- in the [shortName] to reduce redundancy in the pathname, and align with the folder names in the repo, and align with the proposal for tagging published oslc-op documents.

OASIS hasn't agreed to this yet, but I'm hoping they will.

--

Join {oslc-op@lists.oasis-open-projects.org to automatically receive all group messages.