Date   
Re: Incorporating open-services.net site maintenance into oslc-op #poll

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

The ballot has passed, 2 valid votes in favour, 0 against.

Vote tally is available under https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/responses?pollid=6266 (screenshot attached).

Cheers, Andrew

Re: Submit OSLC CM 2.1 for publishing as PSD03

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

The ballot has passed.

Vote tally is available under https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/responses?pollid=6453 (screenshot attached)

Cheers, Andrew

Re: [oslc-core] The OSLC TCs and Member Section will close this Friday

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Hello,

 

I would like to thank everyone for their participation in the member section & StC and the tech committees!

 

The newly formed OSLC Open Project had a busy summer and the OSLC Project Governing Board just approved the first Project Specification Draft. The Change Management PSD (rev 3) is getting final formatting touches before publishing. The aims for the project this year:

 

* Publish a Candidate OASIS Standard for the Change Management 3.0 specification.

* Develop a new reference implementation toolchain.

* Publish Project Specification revisions for all specs that receive enough community attention.

 

If you want to follow the activity in the OSLC OP:

 

- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/oslcnews/

- Sign up on our new forum and subscribe to the important announcements only: https://forum.open-services.net/c/oslc-op/announcements

- Subscribe to the mailing list: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op

- Join our weekly telco: https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#online-meetings

 

Again, thanks for a great journey and see you in the new OSLC Open Project!

 

Cheers,

Andrew,

PGB co-chair of the OSLC Open Project

 

P.S. You don’t need to be an OASIS member to join, by the way! So don’t hesitate forwarding this to your colleagues ;)

 

Från: OSLC Core TC <oslc-core@...> på uppdrag av Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...>
Datum: måndag, 19 augusti 2019, W34 16:38
Till: OSLC Core TC <oslc-core@...>, "oslc-core-comment@..." <oslc-core-comment@...>, OASIS OSLC Domains TC Discussion List <oslc-domains@...>, "oslc-domains-comment@..." <oslc-domains-comment@...>, "oslc-ms@..." <oslc-ms@...>
Kopia: "oslc-op-pgb@..." <oslc-op-pgb@...>
Ämne: [oslc-core] The OSLC TCs and Member Section will close this Friday

 

The work of the OSLC Technical Committees and Member Section have transitioned successfully to the OASIS OSLC Open Project. The time has come to congratulate everyone on the progress made and close these groups. This is your notice that I will take the final actions to close the OSLC Core TC (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/oslc-core/), OSLC Domains TC (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/oslc-domains/), and the OSLC Member Section (http://www.oasis-oslc.org/)this coming Friday 23 August 2019.

For information about the work of the OASIS OSLC (Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration) Open Project, see the project's website at https://open-services.net/. Project work is underway on GitHub at https://github.com/oasis-open-projects.

You can follow the project's mailing list at https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op or subscribe by sending a blank email message to oslc-op+subscribe@...

The OSLC Core TC approved OSLC Core Version 3.0 as a Committee Specification on 04 April 2017. OSLC Query Version 3.0 is transferring to the OP and will be further developed as a Project Specification.

The OSLC Domains TC approved OSLC Change Management Version 3.0 as a Committee Specification on 08 June 2018, OSLC Requirements Management Version 2.1 on 24 August 2018, and OSLC Architecture Management Specification 2.1 on 08 October 2018.

As is OASIS policy, these and all other assets produced by the committees will remain freely and publicly available.

Remember, the OSLC project team made the transition to the Open Project so that everybody can participate freely in the community and contribute to the project, with or without membership in OASIS. So whether through making contributions to the work, participating in project calls and discussions, contributing articles, and posts for the web site, etc., please make yourself part of this important initiative. 

Our congratulations to all, 


/chet 
----------------

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org


Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 

The OSLC TCs and Member Section will close this Friday

Chet Ensign
 

The work of the OSLC Technical Committees and Member Section have transitioned successfully to the OASIS OSLC Open Project. The time has come to congratulate everyone on the progress made and close these groups. This is your notice that I will take the final actions to close the OSLC Core TC (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/oslc-core/), OSLC Domains TC (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/oslc-domains/), and the OSLC Member Section (http://www.oasis-oslc.org/)this coming Friday 23 August 2019.

For information about the work of the OASIS OSLC (Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration) Open Project, see the project's website at https://open-services.net/. Project work is underway on GitHub at https://github.com/oasis-open-projects.

You can follow the project's mailing list at https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op or subscribe by sending a blank email message to oslc-op+subscribe@...

The OSLC Core TC approved OSLC Core Version 3.0 as a Committee Specification on 04 April 2017. OSLC Query Version 3.0 is transferring to the OP and will be further developed as a Project Specification.

The OSLC Domains TC approved OSLC Change Management Version 3.0 as a Committee Specification on 08 June 2018, OSLC Requirements Management Version 2.1 on 24 August 2018, and OSLC Architecture Management Specification 2.1 on 08 October 2018.

As is OASIS policy, these and all other assets produced by the committees will remain freely and publicly available.

Remember, the OSLC project team made the transition to the Open Project so that everybody can participate freely in the community and contribute to the project, with or without membership in OASIS. So whether through making contributions to the work, participating in project calls and discussions, contributing articles, and posts for the web site, etc., please make yourself part of this important initiative. 

Our congratulations to all, 

/chet 
----------------
Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 

Re: [oslc-op] The PDB has approved to publish CM 3.0 PSD03

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Thanks Jim! Yay, the first approved document by the PGB 🎉

 

A small correction: the ballot will request the PGB to promote PSD03 to PS03.

 

--

–Andrew.

 

Från: <oslc-op@...> på uppdrag av Jim Amsden <jamsden@...>
Svara till: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>, Jim Amsden <jamsden@...>
Datum: torsdag, 8 augusti 2019, W32 17:32
Till: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>
Ämne: [oslc-op] The PDB has approved to publish CM 3.0 PSD03

 

The vote (https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/message/16?p=,,,20,0,0,0::created,,,20,2,0,6453) was approved with 3 votes.

This is our first published document as the oslc-op. Once this is actually published, we will immediately schedule a PGB vote for a CM Project Specification. This will require approval by OASIS and will give us an opportunity to address any document formatting, layout, or content issues OASIS may have.  We can use PSD03 as the source document, and hopefully resolve any OASIS issues during the 14 day voting period for the PS04.

I will schedule the CM 3.0 PS04 vote as soon as the PSD03 is published.



--
Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
ELM Quality Manager
919-525-6575

What's next for publishing oslc-op specifications

Jim Amsden
 

We are finally getting the remaining ReSpec changes done in order to be able to render HTML for the oslc-op specifications. Thanks to Nick and Andrew for all the work they've contributed to this important component of our development procersds.

Our ultimate goal is to get these six multi-part specifications to Candidate OASIS Standard as soon as possible:
1. Architecture Management 2.1
2. Change Management 3.0
3. OSLC Core 3.0
4. Quality Management 2.1
5. OSLC Query 3.0
6. Requirements Management 2.1

I have created a summary of Open Project specification lifecycle process in https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/wiki/Open-Project-Specification-Lifecycle-Processeswith some additional oslc-op specific details. This document will need to be updated as we push the first document through the process, but its a start.

Here's a rough state machine that summarizes that process:

WD -- PGB vote--> PSD revision -- PGB SMV vote and OASIS conformance review approval --> published PS revision -- 3 statements of use + PGB SMV--> COS --> 60 day public review + OASIS OP Admin issuing call for consent to approve COS as OS --> OASIS Standard


Each PGB vote is open for 14 days. This serializes the process for a specification, be we could do many in parallel.

Here's what's left to be done:

1. Complete and final ReSpec Update and merges (in progress, should be completed today)

2. PGB vote to create Change Management 3.0 as PSD03 (in progress, waiting for votes, closes 1 Aug)

3. OASIS OP Admin reviews  Change Management 3.0 as PSD03 for specification conformance (ahead of vote for PS03 in order to address any formatting issues in this first published OP document)

4. Do any final edits and/or ReSpec changes to address OASIS specification conformance issues (if any)

5. Schedule PGB SMV to promote Change Management 3.0 as PSD03 to PS03.

6. OASIS publishes  Change Management 3.0 PS03.

7. All OASIS and open-services.net redirects for access to Change Management 3.0 PS03 are done and tested.

8. Schedule PGB SMV to promote Change Management 3.0 as PS03 to COS and schedule 60 day public review

9. Collect one more statement of use for Change Management 3.0

10. Assuming no issues are raised during public review that require a specification revision: ask OASIS OP Admin to issue a call for consent to  promote Change Management 3.0 COS to OS. Does this require a PDB vote?

Following step 7 on the Change Management 3.0 spec, we can repeat the process in parallel for the other five multi-part specifications.

Regarding those specifications, there may be further actions:

We need to catch up on the issues and make sure we've addressed all the ones that are needed before publishing a PS.

We need to publish the vocabularies and shapes on open-services.net/ns. Not sure when this should be done. Perhaps not until we reached OASIS Standard?


Architecture Management:

A significant issue has been raised: https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/issues/69that calls to question the viability of the proposed AM 2.1 specification. The issue is that there a no properties that define connections between oslc_am:Resource and other OSLC domain resources. This reflects a significant shift in design and implementation of the AM 2.0 specification at open-services.net that was never resolved or completed in the 2.1 specification.

Requirements Management:

We should probably address issue "Should we deprecate the "inverse" properties defined in RM 2.1" (https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/issues/82) before creating an RM 3.0 PS.

Quality Management:

Has some vocabulary cleanup and other issues that need to be resolved before a PS is published.




--
Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
ELM Quality Manager
919-525-6575

Re: Submit OSLC CM 2.1 for publishing as PSD03

Axel Reichwein
 

Thanks! I actually do see everything! Maybe I didn't look carefully the first time :)

Re: Submit OSLC CM 2.1 for publishing as PSD03

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Nope, you should see the spec with the intro. Please try disabling uBlock/Privacy Badger for the page:

 

 

 

--

–Andrew.

 

Från: Axel Reichwein <axel.reichwein@...>
Datum: torsdag, 18 juli 2019, W29 19:15
Till: Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>, "oslc-op-pgb@..." <oslc-op-pgb@...>
Ämne: Re: [oslc-op-pgb] Submit OSLC CM 2.1 for publishing as PSD03

 

Thanks. 

In this doc https://oslc-op.github.io/oslc-specs/specs/cm/change-mgt-spec.html
the spec seems a bit empty. Is this normal? There is no introduction into the spec. 

FYI, I found that several links were broken. 

However, I was able to see the vocab at https://oslc-op.github.io/oslc-specs/specs/cm/change-mgt-spec.html

Re: Submit OSLC CM 2.1 for publishing as PSD03

Axel Reichwein
 

Thanks. 

In this doc https://oslc-op.github.io/oslc-specs/specs/cm/change-mgt-spec.html
the spec seems a bit empty. Is this normal? There is no introduction into the spec. 

FYI, I found that several links were broken. 

However, I was able to see the vocab at https://oslc-op.github.io/oslc-specs/specs/cm/change-mgt-spec.html

Re: Submit OSLC CM 2.1 for publishing as PSD03

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Thanks Axel,

 

CM is Change Management

CfgM is Configuration Management

 

The link to the latest draft that will be promoted to the PSD03: https://oslc-op.github.io/oslc-specs/specs/cm/change-mgt-spec.html

 

And one more correction: we are talking about the OSLC Change Management v3.0 (CM v3.0) Project Specification Draft rev. 3 (PSD03), not about v2.1.

 

--

–Andrew.

 

Från: <oslc-op-pgb@...> på uppdrag av Axel Reichwein <axel.reichwein@...>
Svara till: "oslc-op-pgb@..." <oslc-op-pgb@...>, "axel.reichwein@..." <axel.reichwein@...>
Datum: torsdag, 18 juli 2019, W29 18:05
Till: Jim Amsden <jamsden@...>, "oslc-op-pgb@..." <oslc-op-pgb@...>
Ämne: Re: [oslc-op-pgb] Submit OSLC CM 2.1 for publishing as PSD03

 

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 08:12 AM, Jim Amsden wrote:

OSLC CM2.1

What is eaxtly OSLC CM2.1? Can you share a link to the document? CM = change management or configuration management?

Re: Submit OSLC CM 2.1 for publishing as PSD03

Axel Reichwein
 

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 08:12 AM, Jim Amsden wrote:
OSLC CM2.1
What is eaxtly OSLC CM2.1? Can you share a link to the document? CM = change management or configuration management?

Re: Submit OSLC CM 2.1 for publishing as PSD03 #poll

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Thanks Jim, I have just cast my vote. The PGB has 14 days to approve the current WD as the PSD03. Please cast your votes too!

 

--

–Andrew.

 

Från: <oslc-op-pgb@...> på uppdrag av Jim Amsden <jamsden@...>
Svara till: "oslc-op-pgb@..." <oslc-op-pgb@...>, Jim Amsden <jamsden@...>
Datum: torsdag, 18 juli 2019, W29 17:12
Till: "oslc-op-pgb@..." <oslc-op-pgb@...>
Ämne: [oslc-op-pgb] Submit OSLC CM 2.1 for publishing as PSD03 #poll

 

A new poll has been created:

Do the OSLC PGB members approve publishing OSLC CM2.1 revision 03 as PSD03?

1. Yes, approve pubublishing
2. No, needs more work

Vote Now

Submit OSLC CM 3.0 for publishing as PSD03 #poll

Jim Amsden
 

Do the OSLC PGB members approve publishing OSLC CM2.1 revision 03 as PSD03?

Results

See Who Responded

Re: Incorporating open-services.net site maintenance into oslc-op #poll

Jim Amsden
 

Chet,
Is this new template in https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin. If so, I don't think the PFB members are subscribed to these issues and won't be notified of the ballot.

Same with https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs, this might only have the TSC members, and many of those members are not PGB members and shouldn't receive ballots.

This is why I used the group poll.



--
Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
ELM Quality Manager
919-525-6575




From:        "Chet Ensign" <chet.ensign@...>
To:        oslc-op-pgb@..., Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...>
Date:        07/01/2019 03:03 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [oslc-op-pgb] Incorporating open-services.net site maintenance into oslc-op
Sent by:        oslc-op-pgb@...




I just added a template for Special Majority Votes. Jim, your template for votes looks fine for all other purposes. If you want me to set up other templates, let me know... 


On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 2:37 PM Chet Ensign via Lists.Oasis-Open-Projects.Org<chet.ensign=oasis-open.org@...> wrote:
I am putting together a ballot template now. I'll share it with you all in a bit. 


On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 2:13 PM Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...> wrote:
Anyway, thanks for the ballot. I just cast my vote.

--
/Andrew
(from phone)



On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 8:10 PM +0200, "Andrii Berezovskyi" <andriib@...> wrote:

I thought we and Chet agreed that Github is a more permanent place for the votes?


--



/chet 
----------------

Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society

http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 



--

/chet 
----------------

Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society

http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 




Re: Incorporating open-services.net site maintenance into oslc-op #poll

Chet Ensign
 

Ah. I see. Ok, let's see how this works. My thinking is that the GitHub issues are more reliably permanent and addressable. If the groups.io poll works the same way, that can do the job. 


On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 3:13 PM Jim Amsden <jamsden@...> wrote:
Chet,
Is this new template in https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin. If so, I don't think the PFB members are subscribed to these issues and won't be notified of the ballot.

Same with https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs, this might only have the TSC members, and many of those members are not PGB members and shouldn't receive ballots.

This is why I used the group poll.



--
Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
ELM Quality Manager
919-525-6575




From:        "Chet Ensign" <chet.ensign@...>
To:        oslc-op-pgb@..., Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...>
Date:        07/01/2019 03:03 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [oslc-op-pgb] Incorporating open-services.net site maintenance into oslc-op
Sent by:        oslc-op-pgb@...




I just added a template for Special Majority Votes. Jim, your template for votes looks fine for all other purposes. If you want me to set up other templates, let me know... 

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 2:37 PM Chet Ensign via Lists.Oasis-Open-Projects.Org<chet.ensign=oasis-open.org@...> wrote:
I am putting together a ballot template now. I'll share it with you all in a bit. 


On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 2:13 PM Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...> wrote:
Anyway, thanks for the ballot. I just cast my vote.

--
/Andrew
(from phone)



On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 8:10 PM +0200, "Andrii Berezovskyi" <andriib@...> wrote:

I thought we and Chet agreed that Github is a more permanent place for the votes?


--



/chet 
----------------

Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society

http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 



--

/chet 
----------------

Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society

http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 






--

/chet 
----------------
Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 

Re: Incorporating open-services.net site maintenance into oslc-op #poll

Chet Ensign
 

I just added a template for Special Majority Votes. Jim, your template for votes looks fine for all other purposes. If you want me to set up other templates, let me know... 


On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 2:37 PM Chet Ensign via Lists.Oasis-Open-Projects.Org <chet.ensign=oasis-open.org@...> wrote:
I am putting together a ballot template now. I'll share it with you all in a bit. 

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 2:13 PM Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...> wrote:
Anyway, thanks for the ballot. I just cast my vote.

--
/Andrew
(from phone)



On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 8:10 PM +0200, "Andrii Berezovskyi" <andriib@...> wrote:

I thought we and Chet agreed that Github is a more permanent place for the votes?



--

/chet 
----------------
Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 



--

/chet 
----------------
Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 

Re: Incorporating open-services.net site maintenance into oslc-op #poll

Chet Ensign
 

I am putting together a ballot template now. I'll share it with you all in a bit. 


On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 2:13 PM Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...> wrote:
Anyway, thanks for the ballot. I just cast my vote.

--
/Andrew
(from phone)



On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 8:10 PM +0200, "Andrii Berezovskyi" <andriib@...> wrote:

I thought we and Chet agreed that Github is a more permanent place for the votes?



--

/chet 
----------------
Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 

Re: Incorporating open-services.net site maintenance into oslc-op #poll

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Anyway, thanks for the ballot. I just cast my vote.

--
/Andrew
(from phone)



On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 8:10 PM +0200, "Andrii Berezovskyi" <andriib@...> wrote:

I thought we and Chet agreed that Github is a more permanent place for the votes?

Re: Incorporating open-services.net site maintenance into oslc-op #poll

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

I thought we and Chet agreed that Github is a more permanent place for the votes?

Incorporating open-services.net site maintenance into oslc-op #poll

Jim Amsden
 

Should we migrate the site sources under oslc-op/oslc-website?

The oslc-op PGB has already decided to act as the governing body for open-services.net. So it makes sense to migrate the https://github.com/OSLC/oslc-site-hugo from the GitHub external OSLC organization to the https://github.com/oslc-op organization.

Results

See Who Responded