Date   

OSLCfest is live!

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

For anyone who missed it, we are live on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxMAyHqEay8

--
Best regards,
Andrew


OSLC Department in OASIS Open Swag Store

Jane Harnad
 

Dear OSLC PGB Members,

You may or may not already be aware that OASIS just announced a new swag store: OASIS Open Store. The store features t-shirts, laptop stickers, sweatshirts (etc.) with some of our open standards and open projects logos. We're excited to announce an OSLC department in our store.


Before distributing the details to your community, we wanted to inform the PGB. Please let us know if you have any issues with the OSLC logo being included.

If we have the green light, please let me know who we should contact to link the store to the OSLC website.

I'm happy to answer any questions, so please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. 

Kind regards, Jane


--

Jane Harnad, Manager of Events


+1 781-425-5073 x214 (Office)
+1 703-508-3373 (Mobile)

http://www.oasis-open.org



[members] Updates to the OASIS Open Project Rules approved by the Board of Directors

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Just in case you missed this.

Cheers,
Andrew

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...>
Subject: [members] Updates to the OASIS Open Project Rules approved by the Board of Directors
Date: W11 10 March 2020 at 21:02:31 CET
Cc: Board Plus <board-plus@...>, OASIS TAB <tab@...>

Participants in OASIS Technical Committees and Open Projects,

At its meeting on 06 March 2020, the OASIS Board of Directors approved a set of edits to the OASIS Open Project Rules (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/open-projects-process).

The changes approved constitute clarifications of the text and do not affect the substance of the rules. You need not change how you are currently working.

Broadly, the changes:

- Clarify when an Entity Contributor License Agreement (ECLA) is required;

- Clarify that an entity may sponsor an Open Project without being required to appoint a representative to the Project Governing board and sign an ECLA;

- Clarify when notice must be given to an Open Project's participants before a required approval action can be taken; 

- Clarify that ECLAs are signed for specific Open Projects; and

- Add CC-0 to the list of Applicable Licenses.

The attached redlined file shows these changes in detail.

You can find the new rules posted on the OASIS Policies page (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/). The changes are effective immediately.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,  

/chet 
----------------
Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open source & open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 


Re: [oslc-op] oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting - Thu, 04/09/2020 #cal-notice

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

On 9 April 2020, at 16:00, oslc-op@... Calendar <noreply@...> wrote:

oslc-op Weekly Contributors Meeting

When:
Thursday, 9 April 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://meet.jit.si/oslc-op

Organizer:
jamsden@...

Description:
oslc-op contributors weekly telecon. 


One tap audio Dial In: +15124022718,,,,2979764690# (US) or +498938038719,,,,2979764690# (Germany) Looking for a different dial in number? Please see: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=oslc-op
Meeting ID: 2979764690#
 

OASIS OSLC Open Project group home: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op 
oslc-op GitHub Organization: https://github.com/oslc-op
Mailing list: oslc-op@... (archives: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op)



Formal notice of intent to publish Query 3.0 PSD01

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Dear PGB members,

The rules require us to notify you at least 14 days before submitting the ballots for the spec drafts publication. We are hereby notifying you of the OP intention to publish in 2 weeks’ time the following specifications:

1) OSLC Query 3.0 Project Specification Draft 01

Working drafts can be found here:

https://oslc-op.github.io/oslc-specs/specs/query/oslc-query.html

The preparation work is tracked in the following issues where you can leave comments at any time:

https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/issues/315

Regards,
OSLC OP maintainers


Formal notice of intent to publish project specifications

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Dear PGB members,

The rules require us to notify you at least 14 days before submitting the ballots for the spec drafts publication. We are hereby notifying you of the OP intention to publish in 2 weeks’ time the following specifications:

1) OSLC Core Version 3.0 Project Specification 01
2) OSLC Requirements Management Version 2.1 Project Specification 01
3) OSLC Quality Management 2.1 Project Specification 01

Working drafts can be found here:


The PS preparation work is tracked in the following issues where you can leave comments at any time:

https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/issues/307


Any feedback to OASIS so far?

Chet Ensign
 

Folks, 

The OSLC OP is humming along and we're really pleased. With about 6 months under our respective belts, multiple documents in the works, and progress being made, we thought we'd take a minute to ask if you'd like to share any feedback with us. 

Good, bad, or indifferent, we'd like to know whether the move to an Open Project is working out and whether you have any suggestions for us on work we can to do improve the platform. We will be talking to the board next week and if we can share any feedback, that would be terrific.

Thanks much, 

/chet 
----------------
Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open source & open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 


[oasis-open-projects/administration] Publish OSLC Quality Management 2.1 PSD 02 (#8)

Andrii Berezovskyi
 


Cheers,
Andrew

Begin forwarded message:

From: Paul Knight <notifications@...>
Subject: Re: [oasis-open-projects/administration] Publish OSLC Quality Management 2.1 PSD 02 (#8)
Date: W3 13 January 2020 at 20:04:15 CET
To: oasis-open-projects/administration <administration@...>
Cc: Andrew Berezovskyi <andriib@...>, Mention <mention@...>
Reply-To: oasis-open-projects/administration <reply+AAAPZXWBFZZACM6CQQWLJGV4FHY27EVBNHHB6APHEI@...>

Files publicly available:

OSLC Quality Management 2.1
Project Specification Draft 02
14 November 2019

OSLC Quality Management 2.1. Part 1: Specification
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/qm/v2.1/psd02/quality-management-spec.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/qm/v2.1/psd02/quality-management-spec.pdf
OSLC Quality Management 2.1. Part 2: Vocabulary
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/qm/v2.1/psd02/quality-management-vocab.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/qm/v2.1/psd02/quality-management-vocab.pdf
Turtle file:
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/qm/v2.1/psd02/quality-management-vocab.ttl

I think everything is done here. Ready to close issue.


You are receiving this because you were mentioned.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub, or unsubscribe.



Re: On the migration of OASIS OSLC PROMCODE TC to OSLC Open Project

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Hello Mikio,

I think what Jim wrote is technically right. Tom also told me that the decision for staying as the TC is nearly finalised for the PROMCODE. Having said that, OSLC Open Project is open for everyone and you are welcome to join it, especially if you have interest in working on specs that are not nearly finished. We would be very glad to have you! Even if not working on any specs, you can simply join the OP and our calls anytime without closing or moving away from PROMCODE.

Cheers,
Andrew

OSLC PGB co-chair
Eclipse Lyo project lead

On 14 Jan 2020, at 23:10, Jim Amsden <jamsden@...> wrote:

I don't really see the benefit. Moving to an open project will require a lot of administrative and document template changes and may not create any new value. PROMCODE could be considered an OSLC domain, but that's not its main point. We are finding that the current OSLC OP is already trying to deal with too many documents with too few contributors. I think it may be easier for the existing TC to get PROMCODE through the OASIS process. I think it would be best to keep them decoupled.

But you are welcome to make a proposal to the OSLC OP PMG.


--
Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
ELM Quality Manager
919-525-6575




From:        Mikio Aoyama <mikio.aoyama@...>
To:        Jim Amsden <jamsden@...>
Cc:        Mikio Aoyama <mikio.aoyama@...>, Tsutomu Kamimura <tomk@...>, Masaki Wakao <WAKAO@...>, kazuo.yabuta@...
Date:        01/14/2020 11:10 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] On the migration of OASIS OSLC PROMCODE TC to OSLC Open Project




Dear Jim:  CC: Tom Kamimura, Kazuo Yabuta, and Masaki Wakao:

We, the OASIS OSLC PROMCODE TC members, learned that the TCs under
the OASIS OSLC member section moved to the OSLC Open Project.
So, we are discussing on the possible migration to the OSLC Open Project.
The PROMCODE specification is under the final review
to complete. So, the PROMCODE TC members are willing to
migrate to the OASIS Open Project after complete the specification.

Could you give us advice on the following points:
1. Procedure to migrate the OSLC PROMCODE TC to OSLC Open Project
2. Conditions to migrate the OSLC PROMCODE TC to the OSLC Open Project

We very much appreciate your continuous support.

Best Regards,
Mikio








Re: On the migration of OASIS OSLC PROMCODE TC to OSLC Open Project

Jim Amsden
 

I don't really see the benefit. Moving to an open project will require a lot of administrative and document template changes and may not create any new value. PROMCODE could be considered an OSLC domain, but that's not its main point. We are finding that the current OSLC OP is already trying to deal with too many documents with too few contributors. I think it may be easier for the existing TC to get PROMCODE through the OASIS process. I think it would be best to keep them decoupled.

But you are welcome to make a proposal to the OSLC OP PMG.


--
Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
ELM Quality Manager
919-525-6575




From:        Mikio Aoyama <mikio.aoyama@...>
To:        Jim Amsden <jamsden@...>
Cc:        Mikio Aoyama <mikio.aoyama@...>, Tsutomu Kamimura <tomk@...>, Masaki Wakao <WAKAO@...>, kazuo.yabuta@...
Date:        01/14/2020 11:10 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] On the migration of OASIS OSLC PROMCODE TC to OSLC Open Project




Dear Jim:  CC: Tom Kamimura, Kazuo Yabuta, and Masaki Wakao:

We, the OASIS OSLC PROMCODE TC members, learned that the TCs under
the OASIS OSLC member section moved to the OSLC Open Project.
So, we are discussing on the possible migration to the OSLC Open Project.
The PROMCODE specification is under the final review
to complete. So, the PROMCODE TC members are willing to
migrate to the OASIS Open Project after complete the specification.

Could you give us advice on the following points:
1. Procedure to migrate the OSLC PROMCODE TC to OSLC Open Project
2. Conditions to migrate the OSLC PROMCODE TC to the OSLC Open Project

We very much appreciate your continuous support.

Best Regards,
Mikio







OSLC Core 3.0 PSD04 Ballot Passed

Jim Amsden
 

The Publish OSLC Core 3.0 PSD04 ballot (https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/topic/publish_oslc_core_3_0_psd04/68279389?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,68279389) passed with three votes to approve, and none against. I will be requesting OASIS to publish these documents today.


--
Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
ELM Quality Manager
919-525-6575


Publish OSLC Core 3.0 PSD04 ballot #poll

Jim Amsden
 

Do the PGB members approve publishing OSLC Core 3.0 as PSD04?

Release materials are located under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/releases

The ballot opens immediately and will close on 19 Dec 2019.

Results

See Who Responded


Formal notice of intent to publish OSLC Core 3.0 PSD04

Jim Amsden
 

Dear OSLC PGB members,
The rules require us to notify you at least 14 days before submitting the ballots for the spec drafts publication. We are hereby notifying you of the OP intention to publish OSLC Core 3.0 PSD revision 04 in 2 weeks’ time.

Working draft can be found here: https://oslc-op.github.io/oslc-specs/specs/core/oslc-core.html

The PSD preparation work is tracked in the following issues where you can leave comments at any time:
https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/issues/234or https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/pull/282

Regards,
OSLC OP maintainers

--
Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
ELM Quality Manager
919-525-6575


Re: OSLC QM 2.1 Project Specification Draft 02 ballot #poll

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Dear PGB members,

It is my pleasure to announce that the ballot to publish QM PSD 02 has passed.

Vote tally is attached in the screenshot.

Cheers, Andrew


Formal notice of intent to publish CfgM PSD

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Dear OSLC PGB members,

We are hereby notifying you of the intention to submit the Config Management PSD for the PGB vote.

Current draft is published on https://oslc-op.github.io/oslc-specs/specs/config/oslc-config-mgt.html

Any issues can be filed under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/labels/Domain%3A%20CfgM

Cheers, Andrew


OSLC QM 2.1 Project Specification Draft 02 ballot #poll

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Do the PGB members approve publishing OSLC QM 2.1 as the Project Specification Draft 02?

Release materials are located under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/releases

The ballot opens immediately and will close on Thursday, 14 November 2019.

Results

See Who Responded


Re: RM PSD publication

Chet Ensign
 

Paul, can you follow up with Andrew? Thanks much. 

/chet

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 3:35 PM Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...> wrote:
Hello,

Did you have a chance to see Jad’s updates to address your feedback?

--
Andrew


--

/chet 
----------------
Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open source & open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 


Re: Ballot for the publication of the OSLC RM 2.1 PSD02 #poll

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

The ballot has concluded successfully. Vote tally attached.


RM PSD publication

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Hello,

Did you have a chance to see Jad’s updates to address your feedback?

--
Andrew


Re: RM v2.1 PSD02 ready

Andrii Berezovskyi
 

Actually, the // trick is no longer needed: https://www.paulirish.com/2010/the-protocol-relative-url/, will fix

 

The vocabulary grouping fix is proposed under https://github.com/oasis-tcs/tab-respec/issues/17

 

--

–Andrew.

 

Från: <oslc-op-pgb@...> på uppdrag av Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>
Svara till: "oslc-op-pgb@..." <oslc-op-pgb@...>, Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>
Datum: onsdag, 18 september 2019, W38 00:55
Till: Paul Knight <paul.knight@...>
Kopia: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>, "oslc-op-pgb@..." <oslc-op-pgb@...>, Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...>
Ämne: Re: [oslc-op-pgb] RM v2.1 PSD02 ready

 

Thanks Paul,

 

- the link to the OASIS Open Projects log was malformed, missing the initial "https:" in the link https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/templates/logo/open-projects-logo.png

 

This is actually a feature, not a bug! It instructs the browser to fetch the image via the same protocol as the page itself.

 

- the links to the "Previous stage" should use http instead of https in this case, since the earlier files were installed with http links. When the HTML is retrieved using https, it is unable to load the associated .css file, so the document is poorly presented.

 

Fill fix. By the way, if you change the CSS URIs to be like the “malformed” URI I used, the mixed-content problems will go away 😉

 

- (editorial) - in Part 2: Vocabulary, I would expect that the first two definition blocks under Section 2.1.2 (Requirement and RequirementCollection) should be placed under 2.1.1, since they are Classes rather than Properties.

 

Makes sense. Will fix in ReSpec 2.1.11.

 

--

–Andrew.

 

Från: Paul Knight <paul.knight@...>
Datum: onsdag, 18 september 2019, W38 00:42
Till: Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>
Kopia: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>, "oslc-op-pgb@..." <oslc-op-pgb@...>, Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...>
Ämne: Re: RM v2.1 PSD02 ready

 

Replying to all here, although this may not make it to all the lists...

 

I reviewed the two HTML files in the ZIP file rm-2.1-psd02_20190910.zip.

 

These both look good. I only noted a couple of items, plus an editorial comment:

 

- the link to the OASIS Open Projects log was malformed, missing the initial "https:" in the link https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/templates/logo/open-projects-logo.png

 

- the links to the "Previous stage" should use http instead of https in this case, since the earlier files were installed with http links. When the HTML is retrieved using https, it is unable to load the associated .css file, so the document is poorly presented.

 

- (editorial) - in Part 2: Vocabulary, I would expect that the first two definition blocks under Section 2.1.2 (Requirement and RequirementCollection) should be placed under 2.1.1, since they are Classes rather than Properties.

 

Again, these look very good - it looks like you have gotten your Respec process set up nicely to prepare the OSLC files very quickly after the group approves them.

 

Best regards,

Paul

 

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 3:56 PM Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...> wrote:

Hello Paul,

 

Did you have a chance to review the PSD for the Requirement Management spec? Thank you in advance.

 

--

–Andrew.

 

Från: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...>
Datum: måndag, 9 september 2019, W37 23:34
Till: Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>
Kopia: "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>, "oslc-op-pgb@..." <oslc-op-pgb@...>
Ämne: Re: RM v2.1 PSD02 ready

 

Thanks Andrew. I opened https://github.com/oasis-open-projects/administration/issues/5 to track this. 

 

Paul, can you review the package and share any feedback? 

 

Thx, 

 

/chet

 

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 12:44 PM Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...> wrote:

Hello,


I believe RM v2.1 PSD02 is ready to be published. Jad has closed all the remaining issues under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/milestone/4
. The current WD is under https://oslc-op.github.io/oslc-specs/specs/rm/requirements-management-spec.html.

 

The “pre-PSD” can be found under https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-specs/releases/tag/untagged-40b8102c05f3fa132447. It contains the ZIP file with the resources to be published.

 

If there are no big comments, I will open the PGB vote. Chet, Paul, do you think we could have an OASIS review finished in the 14 days for the vote, please?

 

--

–Andrew.


 

--


/chet 
----------------

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org


Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 


 

--

Paul Knight....Document Process Analyst...mobile: +1 781-883-1783

OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society