Date

OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0 OASIS Standard published

Chet Ensign

OASIS Members,

OASIS is pleased to announce the publication of its newest OASIS Standard, approved by the members on 11 July 2022:

OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0
OASIS Standard

OSLC Architecture Management defines a RESTful web services interface for the management of architectural resources and relationships between those and related resources such as product change requests, activities, tasks, requirements or test cases. To support these scenarios, the specification defines a set of HTTP-based RESTful interfaces in terms of HTTP methods: GET, POST, PUT and DELETE, as well as HTTP response codes, content type handling and resource formats.

The specification is part of a broader set of OSLC specifications that are part of the OSLC-OP project. In particular, OSLC-Core (https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/core/v3.0/oslc-core.html) provides the core services upon which the Architecture Management specification is built.

The OP has received 3 Statements of Use from IBM, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, and SodiusWillert.

URIs

The OASIS Standard and all related files are available here:

- Part 1: Specification

HTML:
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/os/architecture-management-spec.html
PDF:
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/os/architecture-management-spec.pdf

- Part 2: Vocabulary

HTML:
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/os/architecture-management-vocab.html
PDF:
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/os/architecture-management-vocab.pdf

- Part 3: Constraints

HTML:
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/os/architecture-management-shapes.html
PDF:
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/os/architecture-management-shapes.pdf

- Vocabulary Terms definition file:

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/os/architecture-management-vocab.ttl

- Constraints definition file:

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/os/architecture-management-shapes.ttl

Distribution ZIP file

For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose specification and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the ZIP file here:

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/os/am-v3.0-os.zip

Our congratulations to the members of the OSLC Open Project on achieving this milestone. For information on getting involved in OSLC, see the project's website at https://open-services.net/

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

Minutes 2022-07-19

Andrii Berezovskyi

Hi everyone,

We had a strategic meeting today about OSLC, below are some of the highlights:

- Jim Gammon joined the call
- Jim Amsden suggested that (a) we define the scope of the OP work, (b) transfer work from the strategic call to the weekly call, (c) make sure the proposed work is backed by willing contributors capable to contribute enough work hours.
- We agreed to reduce the number of profiles to focus on from 6 to 3, keeping Basic, Bidirectional+ (to be renamed to simply Bidirectional), and Config+ (to be renamed to simply Config). We drop Bidirectional (B. "strict"), and Config "strict" profiles as they are not enough to integrate with Jazz well, as well as the Full profile as it cannot be implemented yet (without the OSLC Link Discovery spec).

Profiles:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fjjGvHrv2yPru8S_6HNoJ5atn6617cUfFUDRz5xAfKQ/edit#gid=0

Other minutes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14onLYNVP2ZxJjUJPeMNRWLltuBfCqC9Wo51GbxKb0AU/edit

OP heatmap:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1phBv2PHh14VSZboBpmq4KuWn8hw4wZr2qHGVB2W6PIY/edit#gid=0

Also, here is the promised explanation of the use cases for the 3 profiles:

1) Basic profile allows the OSLC Server (Provider) to expose a Delegated UI that an OSLC Client (Consumer) could embed in its UI and link to the Provider Resources. The users of the Consumer tool may be forced to use the Provider tool for any actions with the Resource (by first navigating to the tool using the link). This is the most common scenario implemented by the tools according to Jad's survey: https://open-services.net/resources/tools-survey-2020/ The main purpose of this profile is to prevent vendors from claiming "partial support" of the next profile.
2) Biridectional profile is needed to integrate with Jazz without Configuration Management (aka opt-out). Link storage is supported on the Consumer or the Provider side, as required by Jazz depending on a specific link type. TRS support is required for the Jazz Link Index to work, and Query Cap is required for the backlink discovery to work when Jazz tools can't/don't rely on the Link Index.
3) Config profile allow to integrate with Jazz under Configuration Management (aka opt-in) and extends the Bidirectional profile.

/Andrew

OSLC Architecture Management V3.0 approved as an OASIS Standard

Chet Ensign

OASIS is pleased to announce that the call for consent has closed [1] and, effective 11 July 2022, OSLC Architecture Management V3.0 from the OSLC Open Project is an OASIS Standard. Project Administration will now undertake the final tasks of preparing and loading the standard.

The ballot was held under the OASIS call for consent procedure [2]. In the ballot, the Candidate OASIS Standard received 13 affirmative consents and no objections.

Our congratulations to the members of the TC and to the community of implementers, developers and users who have brought the work successfully to this milestone

=== Additional information

[1] Ballot:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=3714

[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26#OScallForConsent

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

Modifications to the Open Project Rules approved by the OASIS Board of Directors

Chet Ensign

Open Project PGB members and OASIS members,

At its meeting on June 14, 2022, the OASIS Board of Directors approved updates to the OASIS Open Project Process as well as minor changes to the Committee Operations Process and the Open Repository Guidelines and Procedures. Staff recommended these changes to address issues raised by several projects as well as our own lessons learned. The proposals go into effect immediately.

The specific changes can be seen in the attached red-line copies of these documents. We do not anticipate these to have a significant impact on your ongoing project work.

Briefly:

1. The first (and most important) change can be found in the OP Rules at lines 121 to 137 as a proposed new section 5.7. This change would allow OP PGBs to elect to apply the same quorum, non-voting, and persistent non-voting rules that TCs enjoy to their OP operations. Several PGBs have struggled to achieve regular quorum and make progress. By adopting a Standing Rule, OPs will now be able to gracefully scale down voting and quorum to those who show up and vote regularly. As with TCs, this would not change any other commitments or privileges of Sponsorship.

2. The second change is about Technical Steering Committees (TSC), and can be found in the attached marked OP Rules at lines 70 to 78 and 142 to 152. These changes simply clarify that a project can have multiple TSCs and how TSCs are represented on the PGB.

3. At lines to 242 to 245 (Section 10), we attempt to emphasize that, generally speaking, we don't expect Open Projects to adhere to a lot of rigid formalities; they're entitled to run as a consensus process, without a lot of formal motions, seconding and Roberts Rules behaviors. Related changes on the same topic also are in the OASIS Committee Operations Process at lines 74 to 76 and 162 to 166.

4. In the Open Repository rules, which allow TCs to launch open source projects on the side, we changed the language from a list of applicable open source licenses that would require maintaining to a statement that it is the same as for the Open Project Rules. Lines 53 to 58.

5. Two other minor patches to the OASIS Committee Operations Process were approved, in addition to the "consensus" issue noted above. The first is at lines 136 to 145, where the role and requirements for "standing rules" is slightly clarified. The second is to the informative table of project roles and functions after line 56. These were made to better explain what each role in an Open Project may do.

6. Finally, as general clean-up, small, non-substantive editorial corrections were made at lines 21, 80, 84, 87, and 205 of the OP Rules, and lines 82, 83 and 99 of the OASIS Committee Operations Process.

Again, we do not expect these to have major impacts on your work but, as always, feel free to contact us with any questions.

Best regards,

/chet

Additional information

- Open Project Rules - https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/open-projects-process/

- Committee Operations Process - https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-committee-operations-process/

- Open Repository Guidelines and Procedures - https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/open-repositories/

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

FW: Call for Statements of Use for OSLC Configuration Management 1.0

Jim Amsden

The OSLC Open Project (OSLC-OP) has recently published Project Specification  OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0,  revision 01. The OSLC-OP believes the specification is stable, and covers the features required to meet it’s intended objectives. Therefore, the OSLC-OP is considering promoting this PS01 to Candidate OASIS Standard.

To do so, we need three or more Statements of Use. These statements of use will provide insight gained from many implementations, integrations with other lifecycle management tools, and user experience, while maintaining compatibility with OSLC specifications.

The OSLC Open Project is ready to accept Statements of Use from implementers. This is an essential part of the OASIS standardization process and will enable us to progress to OASIS Standard. Please see Section 14 of the OASIS Open Project Rules for more information. In summary:

Statement of Use“, with respect to a Committee Specification or Project Specification, is a written statement that a party has successfully used or implemented that specification in accordance with all or some of its conformance clauses, identifying those clauses that apply, and stating whether its use included the interoperation of multiple independent implementations. The Statement of Use must be made to a specific version of the Specification and must include the Specification’s approval date. The party may be an OASIS Member or a non-member. In case of a non-member, the Statement of Use must be submitted via the Technical Committee’s or Project Governing Board’s comment facility. A TC or PGB may require a Statement of Use to include hyperlinks to documents, files or demonstration transcripts that enable the committee’s members to evaluate the implementation or usage. A Statement of Use submitted to the TC or PGB must be approved by TC Resolution or PGB action as an acceptable Statement of Use with respect to the Specification. A party can only issue one Statement of Use for a given specification. When issued by an OASIS Organizational Member, a Statement of Use must be endorsed by the Organizational Member’s Primary Representative

<insert name / org here> has successfully implemented Specification  OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0,  revision 01, dated 30 May 2022, in accordance with the conformance clauses defined in Section 4 "Conformance" of the specification and its related multi-part specification. This use of the specification includes interoperation with other similar independent implementations, as well as integration with tools supporting other OSLC domain specifications.

Call for Consent for OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0 as OASIS Standard

Chet Ensign

OASIS Members:

The OSLC PGB members [1] have approved submitting the following Project Specification to the OASIS Membership in a call for consent for OASIS Standard:

OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0
Project Specification 01

This is a call to the primary or alternate representatives of OASIS Organizational Members to consent or object to this approval. You are welcome to register your consent explicitly on the ballot; however, your consent is assumed unless you register an objection [2]. To register an objection, you must:

1. Indicate your objection on this ballot, and

2. Provide a reason for your objection and/or a proposed remedy to the project.

You may provide the reason in the comment box or by email to the OP on its comment mailing list [2]. If you provide your reason by email, please indicate in the subject line that this is in regard to the Call for Consent. Note that failing to provide a reason and/or remedy may result in an objection being deemed invalid.

Details

The Call for Consent opens on 28 June 2022 at 00:00 UTC and closes on 11 July 2022 at 23:59 pm timezone. You can access the ballot at:

Internal link for voting members: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=3714

Publicly visible link: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=3714

OASIS members should ensure that their organization's voting representative responds according to the organization's wishes. If you do not know the name of your organization's voting representative is, go to the My Account page at

http://www.oasis-open.org/members/user_tools

then click the link for your Company (at the top of the page) and review the list of users for the name designated as "Primary".

Information about the candidate OASIS Standard and the OSLC Open Project

OSLC Architecture Management defines a RESTful web services interface for the management of architectural resources and relationships between those and related resources such as product change requests, activities, tasks, requirements or test cases. To support these scenarios, the specification defines a set of HTTP-based RESTful interfaces in terms of HTTP methods: GET, POST, PUT and DELETE, as well as HTTP response codes, content type handling and resource formats.

The specification is part of a broader set of OSLC specifications that are part of the OSLC-OP project. In particular, OSLC-Core (https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/core/v3.0/oslc-core.html) provides the core services upon which the Architecture Management specification is built.

The OP has received 3 Statements of Use from IBM, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, and SodiusWillert [6].

URIs
The prose specification document and related files are available here:

- Part 1: Specification

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-spec.html
(Authoritative)

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-spec.pdf

- Part 2: Vocabulary

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-vocab.html
(Authoritative)

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-vocab.pdf

- Part 3: Constraints

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-shapes.html
(Authoritative)

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-shapes.pdf

- OSLC Architecture Management Vocabulary definitions file:

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-vocab.ttl

- OSLC Architecture Management Resource Shape Constraints definitions file:

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-shapes.ttl

Distribution ZIP file

For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the specification document and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the ZIP file at:

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/am-v3.0-ps01.zip

Additional information

[1] OASIS Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) OP
https://open-services.net/about/

Project IPR page
https://github.com/oasis-open-projects/administration/blob/master/IPR_STATEMENTS.md#oslc

Please contact OASIS Project Administration at project-admin@... with any questions you may have about this ballot.

All emails to the OP are publicly archived and can be viewed at https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op/topics

[3]  Open Project Rules
https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/open-projects-process/

[4] Timeline Summary:

- PS01 approved as a candidate for OASIS Standard 22 April 2022: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/message/234

- Project Specification 01 (PS01) approved for publication 30 September 2021: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/message/184

- Project Specification Draft 01 (PSD01) approved for publication 10 September 2020: https://github.com/oslc-op/oasis-open-project/blob/master/minutes-pgb/2020/2020-09-10.md

[5] (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26/#OSpublicRev.

[6] Statements of Use:

- IBM
https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op/message/768

- KTH
https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op/message/756

- SodiusWillert
https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op/message/771

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

Re: Stepping down as a co-chair

Jim Amsden

Andrew,

Your contribution to OSLC over these last 7 years has been immeasurable. Your contributions include: Eclipse/lyo committer, keeping Eclipse/lyo alive and well, development of Lyo/Designer, reference implementations, lyo store, lyo validation,  many eclipse/lyo releases, editor of many OSLC specs, contributions to and maintenance of ReSpec tools, guidance through transitioning to OSLC Open Project, and a driver of innovation, knowledge and development skills for the whole OSLC community. Your contribution is most appreciated and will be missed. We all wish you the best on the next steps in what I expect will be an interesting and productive future.

On a personal note, I have very much enjoyed working with you over these last few years. I feel we have learned a lot from each other and that’s the best possible outcome. I sincerely hope our paths continue to cross.

From: <oslc-op-pgb@...> on behalf of Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>
Date: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 1:19 PM
To: "oslc-op-pgb@..." <oslc-op-pgb@...>
Cc: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...>, Jad El-Khoury <jad@...>, "oslc-op@..." <oslc-op@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [oslc-op-pgb] Stepping down as a co-chair

Hi, I thought about my involvement in OSLC for a while, and I think there is a big likelihood that I won’t be able to put more time on OSLC after summer. To make sure OSLC progress does not get slowed down by the need to focus on finishing

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

Hi,

I thought about my involvement in OSLC for a while, and I think there is a big likelihood that I won’t be able to put more time on OSLC after summer.

To make sure OSLC progress does not get slowed down by the need to focus on finishing my Ph.D., I would like to step down as a co-chair. I can stay as a PGB member for a little while longer if needed but I am ready to step down from that as well (and suggest that Jad takes the KTH seat on the PGB).

Chet, what are the next steps for us? Do we need to involve Martin Törngren who is the KTH representative at OASIS?

Jim, I hope you will be able to fill in the co-chair position with Axel, Jad, or Frej if SodiusWillert will step up to join the PGB (chairs can only be selected among PGB members, AFAIK). I hope to re-join the OP activities once I finish the Ph.D. work, but for now, let me thank you for the privilege of co-chairing the OSLC project with you and learning so much (technically and wisdom-wise) from you over the years.

I am also thankful to Jad for introducing me to OSLC, to Chet, Paul, and the rest of OASIS for supporting us, to the PGB for productive work on promoting OSLC, and to everyone in the OP for collaborating on OSLC and ways to improve tool integration! I wish the OP to flourish and gain more members in the future!

Best regards,

Andrew

Re: Stepping down as a co-chair

Chet Ensign

Andrew, I'm sure it will feel great to get your PhD done. Good for you and echoing everyone here - you are always a treat to work with and I hope you can stay involved. The project will benefit from any attention you can give it.

Regarding your questions...

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 1:19 PM Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...> wrote:

Hi,

I thought about my involvement in OSLC for a while, and I think there is a big likelihood that I won’t be able to put more time on OSLC after summer.

To make sure OSLC progress does not get slowed down by the need to focus on finishing my Ph.D., I would like to step down as a co-chair. I can stay as a PGB member for a little while longer if needed but I am ready to step down from that as well (and suggest that Jad takes the KTH seat on the PGB).

Chet, what are the next steps for us? Do we need to involve Martin Törngren who is the KTH representative at OASIS?

Probably best if Martin notifies us by email if Jad takes your place. As the KTH rep, that will ensure there is no confusion.

Jim, I hope you will be able to fill in the co-chair position with Axel, Jad, or Frej if SodiusWillert will step up to join the PGB (chairs can only be selected among PGB members, AFAIK).

That is correct. The PGB chair is elected from among the members.

I hope to re-join the OP activities once I finish the Ph.D. work, but for now, let me thank you for the privilege of co-chairing the OSLC project with you and learning so much (technically and wisdom-wise) from you over the years.

I am also thankful to Jad for introducing me to OSLC, to Chet, Paul, and the rest of OASIS for supporting us,

It is our honor to host and support your work.

to the PGB for productive work on promoting OSLC, and to everyone in the OP for collaborating on OSLC and ways to improve tool integration! I wish the OP to flourish and gain more members in the future!

Here here to that...

Best regards,

Andrew

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

Stepping down as a co-chair

[...]

OASIS seeks a new Executive Director

Chet Ensign

Greetings all project Chairs,

I learned yesterday that the news that OASIS is seeking a new Executive Director didn't get out as widely as we'd thought. Please forgive this extra email if you are already aware of it but this search is key to OASIS's ability to support you and your communities in the years ahead. Please feel free to share this around as you see fit.

The ED role is crucial to ensuring that OASIS meets the needs of your community. Working with the Board and staff, the ED develops the strategy and tactics for growing OASIS communities, attracting new ones, and ensuring that the business runs efficiently and your membership dues are spent wisely.

The job description can be found at https://www.oasis-open.org/jobs/executive-director-job-description-2022/. Thanks for sharing it with interested parties and feel free to put anyone who wants to know more in touch with me.

Best regards,

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

OSLC Configuration Management v1.0 Project Specification 01 approved by the OSLC Open Project

Paul Knight

OASIS is pleased to announce that OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0 from the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration Open Project [1] has been approved as an OASIS Project Specification.

Managing change and configuration in a complex systems development lifecycle is very difficult, especially in heterogeneous environments that include homegrown tools, open source projects, and commercial tools from different vendors. The OSLC initiative applies World Wide Web and Linked Data principles to enable interoperation of change, configuration, and asset management processes across a product's entire application and product lifecycle.

OSLC Configuration Management defines an RDF vocabulary and a set of REST APIs for managing versions and configurations of linked data resources from multiple domains.

This Project Specification is an OASIS deliverable, completed and approved by the OP's Project Governing Board and fully ready for testing and implementation. The applicable open source licenses can be found in the project's administrative repository at https://github.com/oslc-op/oslc-admin/blob/master/LICENSE.md.

The specification and related files are available at:

OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0
Project Specification 01

- OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0. Part 1: Overview
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config/v1.0/ps01/oslc-config-mgt.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config/v1.0/ps01/oslc-config-mgt.pdf

- OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0. Part 2: Versioned Resources
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config/v1.0/ps01/versioned-resources.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config/v1.0/ps01/versioned-resources.pdf

- OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0. Part 3: Configuration Specification
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config/v1.0/ps01/config-resources.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config/v1.0/ps01/config-resources.pdf

- OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0. Part 4: RDF Vocabulary
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config/v1.0/ps01/config-vocab.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config/v1.0/ps01/config-vocab.pdf

- OSLC Configuration Management machine readable "turtle" files:
Vocabulary Terms: https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config/v1.0/ps01/config-vocab.ttl
Vocabulary Constraints: https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config/v1.0/ps01/config-shapes.ttl

Distribution ZIP file

For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the specification and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the ZIP file at:
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config/v1.0/ps01/config-v1.0-ps01.zip

Members of the OSLC OP Project Governing Board approved this specification by Special Majority Vote [2] as required by the Open Project rules [3].

Our congratulations to the participants and contributors in the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration Open Project on their achieving this milestone.

========== Additional references:

[1] Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration Open Project
https://open-services.net/

[2] Approval ballot:
- https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/message/239

[3] https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/open-projects-process
--
OASIS...Setting the standard for open collaboration

Preparing PS01 files (was: Your ballot to approve Configuration Management v1.0 as a PS has passed)

Paul Knight

Hi all,

As usual, we will rely on the OSLC OP team to prepare the PS01 HTML and TTL files for Configuration Management v1.0. I will provide quality review as needed and handle preparation of the PDF format files and other publication tasks.

Chet noted that the work is being tracked in https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-4198, and I will monitor the ticket for any updates.

Of course, please feel free to contact me or Chet directly with any questions, as we make your approved Project Specification available in the OASIS OP Library.

Best regards,
Paul

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 5:26 PM Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...> wrote:
Participants in the OSLC Open Project,

The ballot to approve OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0 PSD01 as a Project Specification, found in https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/message/239, closed on 30 May 2022. The ballot passed.

Project Admin will now work with you to get the Project Spec published. TC Admin JIRA ticket https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-4198
has been opened to track the work. Feel free to follow the ticket and post questions or updates to it.

And congratulations on another  milestone for the OSLC Open Project!

Best regards,

/chet

--

[...]

Five Project Notes published by OSLC Open Project

Paul Knight

OASIS Members and other interested parties,

OASIS is pleased to announce the publication of five new Project Notes from the members of the OASIS Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) OP [1].

- OSLC Core Version 3.0: Link Guidance
In this informative note we offer advice to OSLC Technical Committees on modeling links and relationships between OSLC resources.

- Configuration Management 1.0 Primer
This primer serves as a guide to the concepts in "OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0", and through the use of simple examples, explains how versioning and configurations are represented, how and when local configurations and global configurations are used, and lists the elements that an implementation should consider.

- Summary of changes in OSLC Core 3.0
This note will serve as a guide for existing OSLC 2.0 users to learn what’s new in "OSLC Core Version 3.0" and navigate around the changes in the specifications.

- OSLC Tracked Resource Set Guidance
This document contains preliminary material for a tutorial for "OSLC Tracked Resource Set Version 3.0."

- Tracked Resource Set 1.0 Primer
This primer serves as a guide to the concepts in "OSLC Tracked Resource Set Version 3.0," and through the use of simple examples, explains how a data provider might expose resources in a TRS and how a TRS client might consume a data provider’s TRS.

The Project Notes are available here:

Configuration Management Primer Version 1.0
Project Note 01

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config-primer/v1.0/pn01/config-primer.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config-primer/v1.0/pn01/config-primer.pdf
***************************************

OSLC Core v3.0 Changes Version 1.0
Project Note 01

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/core-3.0-changes/v1.0/pn01/core-3.0-changes.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/core-3.0-changes/v1.0/pn01/core-3.0-changes.pdf
***************************************

OSLC Core Version 3.0: Link Guidance Version 1.0
Project Note 01

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/link-guidance/v1.0/pn01/link-guidance.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/link-guidance/v1.0/pn01/link-guidance.pdf
***************************************

OSLC Tracked Resource Set Guidance Version 1.0
Project Note 01

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs-guidance/v1.0/pn01/trs-guidance.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs-guidance/v1.0/pn01/trs-guidance.pdf
***************************************

Tracked Resource Set Primer Version 1.0
Project Note 01

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs-primer/v1.0/pn01/trs-primer.html
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/trs-primer/v1.0/pn01/trs-primer.pdf
***************************************

The Project Governing Board of the OSLC OP approved these Project Notes on 16 December 2021 as documented in the OP ballot [2].

Our congratulations to all the members of the OP.

========== Additional references:

[1] OASIS Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) OP
https://open-services.net/about/

[2] Approval
https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/message/210
--
OASIS...Setting the standard for open collaboration

A Special Majority Vote to consider OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0 as a Project Specification has been set up

Chet Ensign

Participants of the OSLC Open Project,

A Special Majority Vote to consider OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0 as a Project Specification has been set up.

The ballot opens on 24 May 2022 at 00:00 UTC. It closes 30 May 2022 at 23:59 UTC. You can access the ballot at:

https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/message/239

This ballot is only open to voting members of the Project Governing Board. I currently show the following members as eligible to vote:

Jim Amsden (IBM)
Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
Axel Reichwein (Koneksys)

If you are interested in sponsoring the OSLC Open Project and becoming a member of the PGB, please send email to op-admin@....

Please feel free to send any questions this ballot to the list.

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

locked Approve OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0 as a Project Specification #poll-notice #poll-result

Chet Ensign

 Do you approve OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0 PSD01 [1] as a Project Specification?

The ballot opens 24 May 2022 at 00:00 UTC and closes 30 May 2022 at 23:59 UTC. Please indicate your selection using the buttons below.

This ballot requires a Special Majority Vote [2]. The PGB roster currently lists 3 voting members. In order to pass, at  2 <2/3 x 3> members have to vote Yes and none may vote No.

Eligible voting members are:

Jim Amsden (IBM)
Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
Axel Reichwein (Koneksys)

[1] URI for the specification
http://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/config/v1.0/psd01/oslc-config-mgt.html

[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-defined-terms-2018-05-22/#dSpecialMajority

Results

See Who Responded

Re: Formal notice of intent to publish OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0

Andrii Berezovskyi

Hello,

I suspect we simply forgot or the OASIS request form submission did not go through and we forgot to follow.

Jim, Axel, should we re-request an SMV vote and promote Config to a PS? We should make it in time before everyone leaves for a summer break.

/Andrew

On 2022-01-13, at 21:24, Jim Amsden <jamsden@...> wrote:

Dear PGB members,

The rules require us to notify you at least 14 days before submitting the ballots for the spec drafts publication. We are hereby notifying you of the OP intention to publish Subject: Formal notice of intent to publish OSLC Configuration Management Version 1.0 in 2 weeks’ time.

The package is attached. Leave comments here or under Publish Config v1.0 PS01

Regards,
Andrew and Jim on behalf of the OSLC OP maintainers

<config-v1.0-ps01.zip>

Your 60-day public review for OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0 has been announced

Chet Ensign

Members of the OSLC OP,

Your 60-day public review for OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0  has been announced. The review ends on June 24, 2022. You can find the announcement at https://www.oasis-open.org/2022/04/26/invitation-to-comment-on-oslc-architecture-management-version-3-0-before-call-for-consent-as-oasis-standard-ends-june-24/.

In addition to emailing OASIS members and posting to the OASIS website, I have also tweeted the announcement and posted it to the OSLC and OASIS LinkedIn groups. Please feel free to retweet/share/like/etc. any of these communications to spread the word more broadly.

Also, please keep in mind the OASIS requirements for handling comments. Non-member feedback should be submitted to the project's main mailing list oslc-op@.... All submitted comments must be acknowledged. In addition, the OP needs to maintain a log of comments received and their resolutions. The comment resolution log will need to be available when we begin the call for consent.

If no comments are received, a simple email to the mailing list stating this fact will be sufficient as the comment resolution log.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the review or next steps.

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

Invitation to comment on OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0 before call for consent as OASIS Standard - ends June 24

Chet Ensign

The OSLC Specifications collectively define a core set of services and domain vocabularies for lifecycle management including requirement, change and quality management. The Architecture Management Specification provides a means of defining the things whose lifecycles are being managed, and for linking those resources to the requirements they meet, the change requests that affect them, and the test cases that verify and validate those changes. The specification now enters the 60-day public review that precedes the call for consent as an OASIS Standard. General information about this public review can be found in https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/am-v3.0-ps01-public-review-metadata.html.

OASIS members and other interested parties,

OASIS and the OSLC Open Project [1] are pleased to announce that OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0 is now available for public review and comment.

[...]

The OP has received 3 Statements of Use from IBM, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, and SodiusWillert [3].

The candidate specification and related files are available here:

OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0
Project Specification 01

- OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0. Part 1: Specification

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-spec.html (Authoritative)
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-spec.pdf

- OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0. Part 2: Vocabulary

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-vocab.html (Authoritative)
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-vocab.pdf

- OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0. Part 3: Constraints

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-shapes.html (Authoritative)
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-shapes.pdf

- OSLC Architecture Management Vocabulary definitions file:

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-vocab.ttl
OSLC Architecture Management Resource Shape Constraints definitions file:
https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/architecture-management-shapes.ttl

For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the specification document and any related files in ZIP distribution files. You can download the ZIP file at:

https://docs.oasis-open-projects.org/oslc-op/am/v3.0/ps01/am-v3.0-ps01.zip

Public Review Period

The 60-day public review starts 26 April 2022 at 00:00 UTC and ends 24 June 2022 at 23:59 UTC.

This is an open invitation to comment. OASIS solicits feedback from potential users, developers and others, whether OASIS members or not, for the sake of improving the interoperability and quality of its technical work.

Please append the hashtag #publicreview to the end of the subject line of your message.

All emails to the OP are publicly archived and can be viewed at: https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op/topics.

All comments submitted to OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback License, which ensures that the feedback you provide carries the same obligations at least as the obligations of the OP members. In connection with this public review of “OSLC Architecture Management Version 3.0,” we call your attention to the OASIS IPR Policy [4] applicable especially [5] to the applicable open source license. All members of the OP should be familiar with this document, which may create obligations regarding the disclosure and availability of a member's patent, copyright, trademark and license rights that read on an approved OASIS specification.

OASIS invites any persons who know of any such claims to disclose these if they may be essential to the implementation of the above specification, so that notice of them may be posted to the notice page for this OP's work.

Additional information

[1] OASIS Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) OP
https://open-services.net/about/

[2] Approval ballot:
https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/message/234

[3] Statements of Use:

[4] http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr

[5] https://github.com/oslc-op/oasis-open-project/blob/master/LICENSE.md

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

A Special Majority Vote to consider OSLC Architecture Management V3.0 PS01 as a candidate for OASIS Standard has been set up

Chet Ensign

Participants in the OSLC Open project,

A Special Majority Vote to consider OSLC Architecture Management V3.0 PS01 as a candidate for OASIS Standard has been set up.

The ballot opens on 16 April 2022 at 00:00 UTC. It closes 22 April 2022 at 23:59 UTC. You can access the ballot at:

https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/oslc-op-pgb/message/234

This ballot is only open to eligible voting members of the OP PGB. I currently show the following members as eligible to vote:

* Jim Amsden (co-chair, IBM)
* Andrew Berezovskyi (co-chair, KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
* Axel Reichwein (Koneksys)

Please send any questions to the list.

/chet

--