From: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...>
Subject: Info on reference implementation or other code for OSLC?
Date: 15 October 2020 at 16:05:04 CEST
To: Jim Amsden <jamsden@...>, Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@...>

Hi Jim, hi Andrew,

Guy Martin will be giving a talk at All Things Open next week. I'm sure it is no surprise that he'll be talking about the OASIS Open Project's approach to coordinating open source work with open standards development.

He would like to include OSLC as one of his examples, alongside the Open Cybersecurity Alliance and the Ethereum Baseline project.

Here is what I jotted down for him on OSCL:

The OSLC (Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration) Open Project is a community developing a standards-based REST API and framework for managing the full lifecycle of complex software engineering systems in heterogeneous environments that can include homegrown tools, open source projects, and products from different vendors.
The effort came to OASIS in 2013, when the proposers started several Technical Committees to address different aspects of software engineering. They transitioned to an OP in 2019 to take advantage of the opportunity to attract more contributors to the work.
In the year since they transitioned, they have approved 5 Project Specifications: Core v3.0, Query v3.0, Requirements Management v2.1, Change Management v3.0, and Quality Management v2.1. They are finishing up work on Architecture Management v2.1 and discussing the steps to bring the collection forward as candidates for OASIS Standard later this year.

I have 2 questions.

1. Is this an accurate description or is there a better way to explain your work?

2. Is there any code development in parallel and if so, can you give me a quick description? I noted the sysml-oslc-server repo. How would you position that? Are there other coding projects underway that I could include?

Thanks for any feedback you have. I think this is a good opportunity to get OSLC some additional publicity.

Best,

/chet
OASIS: Advancing open source & open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

Join oslc-op-pgb@lists.oasis-open-projects.org to automatically receive all group messages.