Date

Re: OriginBX Wins Outstanding New Initiative Open Cup Award

Todd R. Smith (KYG)

Thank you Jane and the entire Oasis team!

It is truly an honor and we will make you proud this year!

Very best regards,

Todd

Todd R. Smith
Founder CEO, KYG.TRADE

949-903-0338

My LinkedIn Profile

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify KYG Trade, Inc. immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 11:41 AM Jane Harnad <jharnad@...> wrote:
Congratulations to the OriginBX Community on winning the OASIS Open Cup for Outstanding New Initiative.

This award is well-deserved, so thank you all for doing such great work.  We thought we'd share some of the publicity around your award, so you can spread the word throughout the broader community.

 Congratulations again, regards, Jane
Oasis Badge new.jpg

--

Jane Harnad

Manager of Events

OASIS Open

+1 703-508-3373
jane.harnad@...
www.oasis-open.org/events

OriginBX Wins Outstanding New Initiative Open Cup Award

Jane Harnad

Congratulations to the OriginBX Community on winning the OASIS Open Cup for Outstanding New Initiative.

This award is well-deserved, so thank you all for doing such great work.  We thought we'd share some of the publicity around your award, so you can spread the word throughout the broader community.

 Congratulations again, regards, Jane
Oasis Badge new.jpg

--

Jane Harnad

Manager of Events

OASIS Open

+1 703-508-3373
jane.harnad@...
www.oasis-open.org/events

Decision on Setting up Working Groups

Claudia Rauch

Dear PGB members,

I've closed the ballot for to approve draft rules for for establishing OriginBX Working Group because a vote was taken during the PGB meeting on 12 January 2022, see meeting minutes.

The rules for establishing working groups for the OriginBX Open Project were unanimously approved.

I've created a pull request to add these to the GOVERNANCE.md document for you to review.

Thanks,
Claudia

--

Claudia Rauch

Open Projects Program Manager

OASIS Open

Pronouns:
She/Her
Timezone:
GMT+2
Website:
www.oasis-open.org

Draft of Meeting Minutes for !2 January PGB meeting published

Claudia Rauch

Dear PGB members,

You can find a draft of the minutes for yesterday's PGB meeting in Github for review:

The next PGB meeting will take place on February, 9 2022.

Thanks,
Claudia
--

Claudia Rauch

Open Projects Program Manager

OASIS Open

Pronouns:
She/Her
Timezone:
GMT+2
Website:
www.oasis-open.org

Event: Monthly OriginBX PGB call - 12.01.2022 #cal-reminder

originbx-oasis-pgb@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Monthly OriginBX PGB call

When:
12.01.2022
10:00am to 11:00pm
(UTC-05:00) America/New York

Organizer: Todd Smith todd@...

View Event

This meeting is open to all members of the OriginBX Project Governing Board. PGB members who have not received dial-in details directly from the chair should contact OASIS Staff, project-admin@...

Ballot to approve draft rules for for establishing OriginBX Working Groups #poll-notice

Claudia Rauch

Do members of the OriginBX PGB approve the rules for establishing OriginBX working groups as written below?  If approved, these rules will be added to the OriginBX governance document at https://github.com/originbx-oasis/oasis-open-project/blob/main/GOVERNANCE.md

The OriginBX OASIS Open Project intends to accomplish much of its technical work through industry-segment Working Groups. These Working Groups operate under the same rules that govern Technical Steering Committees in the OASIS Open Project rules.

  • A Working Group (WG) is established by a resolution of the OriginBX Project Governing Board (PGB).
  • A Working Group is made up of Voting Members (VM). (See following bullets for details on VMs.) No entity may have more than one Voting Member on a Working Group.
    • Each OriginBX OP Sponsor can appoint one representative (employee or contractor) to be a  Voting Member on any Working Group of interest to their organization (no limit to how many WGs a Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative may join).
    •  In addition, the OriginBX PGB may appoint up to two Voting Members for each Working Group as at-large representatives from the community. These at-large seats are designed to ensure that non-commercial entities are represented in WGs.
    •  Voting Members on WGs must have signed an i-CLA and, if they represent their employer, must ensure that an e-CLA is signed as well. (Note that all OriginBX Sponsors are required to sign an e-CLA in order to have a Voting Member of the PGB.)
  • Once the formation of a WG is approved, the PGB will appoint a person to act as a WG Convener. The Convener’s purpose will be to help organize the group and schedule and chair the first WG meeting. At the first meeting, the WG VMs will choose one or two chairs from their membership.
    Once the chair(s) are seated, the role of the Convener is completed.

Non-members are welcome to subscribe to WG mailing lists, participate in WG chat channels, and observe WG meetings.

---

This ballot requires a Full Majority vote. The PGB roster currently lists 10 members. In order to pass, at least 6 members must vote yes.

This ballot opens on 11 January 2022 at 12:00 UTC and closes 19 January 2022 at 23:59 UTC.

This ballot is open to members of the PGB only. The members eligible to vote are:

- Todd R. Smith, KYG Trade
- Oswald Kuyler, International Chamber of Commerce
- Thomas Fahey, Accenture
- Ben Stiling, Amazon
- Ken Montgomery, CompTIA
- Michelle Stout, Intel
- Brian Staples, Origin Experts Group
- Srinivasan Sriram, Skuchain, Inc
- Elizabeth Connell, Thomson Reuters
- Chris Rubio, UPS

Results

See Who Responded

Open Cup Finalist -- winner announced on 19 Jan.

Todd R. Smith (KYG)

Jane,

This is super exciting news.  It would be great if any of the PGB members would like to say a few words if OriginBX wins.

I would also like to say something short and sweet.  This is great recognition of the importance of our work to facilitate efficient global trade.

Please let me know if you'd like to discuss before the event and my fingers and toes are crossed.

Best regards,

Todd

Todd R. Smith
Founder CEO

949-903-0338

See my schedule and book a time here.

kyg.trade  |  originbx-oasis.org data standards open project

My LinkedIn Profile

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify KYG Trade, Inc. immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.

Tue, Jan 4, 2022 8:14 AM, Jane Harnad <jharnad@...> wrote:

Dear OriginBX Community,

Congratulations again on being a finalist for the 2021 Open Cup (new initiatives category).

Our Open Cup winner will be announced at the virtual OASIS Open Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, 19 January 2022.

Should OriginBX win the award, the project is invited to designate a spokesperson to say a few brief words during the ceremony.  If interested, please contact me by Wednesday, 7 January -- so the remarks may be coordinated with the rest of the program.

Everyone is welcome to attend the ceremony to cheer on the winner. Spread the word!

Regards, Jane

--

Jane Harnad

Manager of Events

OASIS Open

+1 703-508-3373
jane.harnad@...
www.oasis-open.org/events

[...]

[members] And the winner is...OASIS Awards Ceremony, 19 Jan.

Chet Ensign

Members of the OriginBX PGB,

Each year, OASIS names one technical project as winner of the year's Open Cup award for Outstanding New Initiative. The OriginBX Open Project is one of this year's candidates.

The winner will be named during our annual awards ceremony on Wednesday, January 19th. Signup details are listed below. We hope to see you there.

Best,

/chet