Date

Draft of meeting minutes for yesterdays PGB meeting

Claudia Rauch

Dear all,

You can find the draft of the meeting minutes from yesterday's meeting on Github at:
https://github.com/originbx-oasis/project-records/blob/main/PGB%20meeting%20minutes/2022-07-13-draft.md

Thanks for a productive meeting,
Claudia

--

Claudia Rauch

Open Projects Program Manager

OASIS Open

Pronouns:
She/Her
Timezone:
GMT+2
Website:
www.oasis-open.org

Event: Monthly OriginBX PGB call - 13.07.2022 #cal-reminder

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Reminder: Monthly OriginBX PGB call

When:
13.07.2022
10:00am to 11:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Organizer: Todd Smith todd@...

View Event

This meeting is open to all members of the OriginBX Project Governing Board. PGB members who have not received dial-in details directly from the chair should contact OASIS Staff, project-admin@...

Upcoming Events #cal-summary

originbx-oasis-pgb@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <originbx-oasis-pgb@...>

OriginBX Project Governing Board Upcoming Events

Monthly OriginBX PGB call

When:
Wednesday, 13 July 2022, 10:00am to 11:00pm
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Organizer: Todd Smith todd@...

Details:
This meeting is open to all members of the OriginBX Project Governing Board. PGB members who have not received dial-in details directly from the chair should contact OASIS Staff, project-admin@...

View Event

Modifications to the Open Project Rules approved by the OASIS Board of Directors

Chet Ensign

Open Project PGB members and OASIS members,

At its meeting on June 14, 2022, the OASIS Board of Directors approved updates to the OASIS Open Project Process as well as minor changes to the Committee Operations Process and the Open Repository Guidelines and Procedures. Staff recommended these changes to address issues raised by several projects as well as our own lessons learned. The proposals go into effect immediately.

The specific changes can be seen in the attached red-line copies of these documents. We do not anticipate these to have a significant impact on your ongoing project work.

Briefly:

1. The first (and most important) change can be found in the OP Rules at lines 121 to 137 as a proposed new section 5.7. This change would allow OP PGBs to elect to apply the same quorum, non-voting, and persistent non-voting rules that TCs enjoy to their OP operations. Several PGBs have struggled to achieve regular quorum and make progress. By adopting a Standing Rule, OPs will now be able to gracefully scale down voting and quorum to those who show up and vote regularly. As with TCs, this would not change any other commitments or privileges of Sponsorship.

2. The second change is about Technical Steering Committees (TSC), and can be found in the attached marked OP Rules at lines 70 to 78 and 142 to 152. These changes simply clarify that a project can have multiple TSCs and how TSCs are represented on the PGB.

3. At lines to 242 to 245 (Section 10), we attempt to emphasize that, generally speaking, we don't expect Open Projects to adhere to a lot of rigid formalities; they're entitled to run as a consensus process, without a lot of formal motions, seconding and Roberts Rules behaviors. Related changes on the same topic also are in the OASIS Committee Operations Process at lines 74 to 76 and 162 to 166.

4. In the Open Repository rules, which allow TCs to launch open source projects on the side, we changed the language from a list of applicable open source licenses that would require maintaining to a statement that it is the same as for the Open Project Rules. Lines 53 to 58.

5. Two other minor patches to the OASIS Committee Operations Process were approved, in addition to the "consensus" issue noted above. The first is at lines 136 to 145, where the role and requirements for "standing rules" is slightly clarified. The second is to the informative table of project roles and functions after line 56. These were made to better explain what each role in an Open Project may do.

6. Finally, as general clean-up, small, non-substantive editorial corrections were made at lines 21, 80, 84, 87, and 205 of the OP Rules, and lines 82, 83 and 99 of the OASIS Committee Operations Process.

Again, we do not expect these to have major impacts on your work but, as always, feel free to contact us with any questions.

Best regards,

/chet

Additional information

- Open Project Rules - https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/open-projects-process/

- Committee Operations Process - https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-committee-operations-process/

- Open Repository Guidelines and Procedures - https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/open-repositories/

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

OASIS seeks a new Executive Director

Chet Ensign

Greetings all project Chairs,

I learned yesterday that the news that OASIS is seeking a new Executive Director didn't get out as widely as we'd thought. Please forgive this extra email if you are already aware of it but this search is key to OASIS's ability to support you and your communities in the years ahead. Please feel free to share this around as you see fit.

The ED role is crucial to ensuring that OASIS meets the needs of your community. Working with the Board and staff, the ED develops the strategy and tactics for growing OASIS communities, attracting new ones, and ensuring that the business runs efficiently and your membership dues are spent wisely.

The job description can be found at https://www.oasis-open.org/jobs/executive-director-job-description-2022/. Thanks for sharing it with interested parties and feel free to put anyone who wants to know more in touch with me.

Best regards,

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org

Speaking opportunity at Blockchain in Oil and Gas Conference

Jane Harnad

Dear PGB Members,

I have some good news. I just confirmed a speaking spot and marketing barter for the
Blockchain in Oil and Gas Conference -- to be held 14-15 September in Houston, TX.

Would anyone on the PGB be available and willing to present at the event? The event
audience is primarily oil and gas operators and oilfield service companies who attend to understand blockchain use cases, so we'll work with the event organizer to tailor an OriginBX presentation.

If willing and able to represent OriginBX at the event, please contact me no later than Wednesday, 15 June.

Regards, Jane

--

Jane Harnad

Manager of Events

OASIS Open

+1 703-508-3373
jane.harnad@...
www.oasis-open.org/events

Event: Monthly OriginBX PGB call - 08.06.2022 #cal-reminder

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Reminder: Monthly OriginBX PGB call

When:
08.06.2022
10:00am to 11:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Organizer: Todd Smith todd@...

View Event

This meeting is open to all members of the OriginBX Project Governing Board. PGB members who have not received dial-in details directly from the chair should contact OASIS Staff, project-admin@...

Upcoming Events #cal-summary

originbx-oasis-pgb@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <originbx-oasis-pgb@...>

OriginBX Project Governing Board Upcoming Events

Monthly OriginBX PGB call

When:
Wednesday, 8 June 2022, 10:00am to 11:00pm
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Organizer: Todd Smith todd@...

Details:
This meeting is open to all members of the OriginBX Project Governing Board. PGB members who have not received dial-in details directly from the chair should contact OASIS Staff, project-admin@...

View Event

Draft Minutes for 10 May meeting available for review

Claudia Rauch

Dear PGB members,

The draft of the minutes for the OriginBX PGB meeting on 10 May is now available here: https://github.com/originbx-oasis/project-records/blob/main/PGB%20meeting%20minutes/2022-05-10-draft.md

Thanks,
Claudia

--

Claudia Rauch

Open Projects Program Manager

OASIS Open

Pronouns:
She/Her
Timezone:
GMT+2
Website:
www.oasis-open.org

Identify reps for OriginBX Working Groups

Carol Geyer

OriginBX PGB members,
As discussed on today's call, we've started this spreadsheet to help us get more OriginBX Working Groups off-the-ground. Please take a moment to indicate the WG(s) your organization will be represented on. (WG participation is not a huge time commitment.) Your support will be a huge help in recruiting more members for these WGs.

We're using the second sheet on this document to track confirmed and potential WG chairs. If you have suggestions for people who we should invite to chair a WG, please let us know.

Thanks!

--

Carol Geyer

Chief Development Officer

OASIS Open

+1 941-284-0403
carol.geyer@...
www.oasis-open.org

Event: Monthly OriginBX PGB call - 11.05.2022 #cal-reminder

originbx-oasis-pgb@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Monthly OriginBX PGB call

When:
11.05.2022
10:00am to 11:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Organizer: Todd Smith todd@...

View Event

This meeting is open to all members of the OriginBX Project Governing Board. PGB members who have not received dial-in details directly from the chair should contact OASIS Staff, project-admin@...

OriginBX Press Release Announcing New Sponsors

Mary Beth Minto <marybeth.minto@...>

Hello - The press release announcing OriginBX's new Sponsors is out today. Please read it here on the OASIS website

In addition, we've shared the news via the OASIS social channels:
Please like, promote, and share this news about OriginBX with your communities.

Thank you,
Mary Beth

--

Upcoming Events #cal-summary

originbx-oasis-pgb@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <originbx-oasis-pgb@...>

OriginBX Project Governing Board Upcoming Events

Monthly OriginBX PGB call

When:
Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 10:00am to 11:00pm
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Organizer: Todd Smith todd@...

Details:
This meeting is open to all members of the OriginBX Project Governing Board. PGB members who have not received dial-in details directly from the chair should contact OASIS Staff, project-admin@...

View Event

Draft of meeting minutes available

Claudia Rauch

Dear PGB members,

The draft version of the minutes from the PGB meeting on 13 April is available on GitHub (you do not need a GH account to view). Please review before the next board meeting on 11 May.

The approved minutes for previous PGB meetings can also be found on GitHub.

Kindly,
Claudia

--

Claudia Rauch

Open Projects Program Manager

OASIS Open

Pronouns:
She/Her
Timezone:
GMT+2
Website:
www.oasis-open.org

Event: Monthly OriginBX PGB call - 13.04.2022 #cal-reminder

originbx-oasis-pgb@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Monthly OriginBX PGB call

When:
13.04.2022
10:00am to 11:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Organizer: Todd Smith todd@...

View Event

This meeting is open to all members of the OriginBX Project Governing Board. PGB members who have not received dial-in details directly from the chair should contact OASIS Staff, project-admin@...

Upcoming Events #cal-summary

originbx-oasis-pgb@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <originbx-oasis-pgb@...>

OriginBX Project Governing Board Upcoming Events

Monthly OriginBX PGB call

When:
Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 10:00am to 11:00pm
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Organizer: Todd Smith todd@...

Details:
This meeting is open to all members of the OriginBX Project Governing Board. PGB members who have not received dial-in details directly from the chair should contact OASIS Staff, project-admin@...

View Event

Re: Recording of today's OriginBX Advisory Council Call

Michelle B. Stout

Thank you, Carol.