Updates to the OASIS Open Project Rules approved by the Board of Directors
Participants in OASIS Technical Committees and Open Projects,
At its meeting on 06 March 2020, the OASIS Board of Directors approved a set of edits to the OASIS Open Project Rules (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/open-projects-process).
The changes approved constitute clarifications of the text and do not affect the substance of the rules. You need not change how you are currently working.
Broadly, the changes:
- Clarify when an Entity Contributor License Agreement (ECLA) is required;
- Clarify that an entity may sponsor an Open Project without being required to appoint a representative to the Project Governing board and sign an ECLA;
- Clarify when notice must be given to an Open Project's participants before a required approval action can be taken;
- Clarify that ECLAs are signed for specific Open Projects; and
- Add CC-0 to the list of Applicable Licenses.
The attached redlined file shows these changes in detail.
You can find the new rules posted on the OASIS Policies page (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/). The changes are effective immediately.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open source & open standards for the information society
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393