Website Logo Clean-up

Jason Keirstead

Hi all;

As you may have noticed, the logos on the OCA website do not look the best, because some have white backgrounds and the background color of the site is off-white.

We could rectify this in two ways

a) Change the background in the theme to be white

b) Have those affected submit updated logos to have transparent backgrounds and/or backgrounds that match the off-white color ( #f4f4f4 )

FYI, I tried simply quickly making the background transparent myself, and it did not turn out well because some of the logos are using anti-aliasing, so we would really have to go back to the sources (b) if we want them to look proper.

Myself I lean strongly toward (a) as an easier path unless folks feel strongly that they do not like the idea of a white background...

Thoughts?

-
Jason Keirstead
Chief Architect - IBM Security Threat Management
www.ibm.com/security

"Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure."

- Thomas J. Watson

Stephen Wood

White.  Life should be simple.

[...]

Ben Waters

Yeah, white is fine.

Make it easy for everyone.

Cheers,

Ben Waters
Co-founder & COO | Cydarm Technologies
bwaters@... | +61 416 199 402
710 Collins St, Docklands, VIC 3008

On 10 Dec 2019, at 7:58 am, Stephen Wood <swood@...> wrote:

White.  Life should be simple.

[...]

sfractal

I vote white background

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/

From: <oca-pgb@...> on behalf of "Ben Waters via Lists.Oasis-Open-Projects.Org" <bwaters=cydarm.com@...>
Date: Monday, December 9, 2019 at 4:18 PM
To: "oca-pgb@..." <oca-pgb@...>
Subject: Re: [oca-pgb] Website Logo Clean-up

[...]

Sam Curry

White or transparent is fine with me!

From: <oca-pgb@...> on behalf of "Ben Waters via Lists.Oasis-Open-Projects.Org" <bwaters=cydarm.com@...>
Date: Monday, December 9, 2019 at 4:18 PM
To: "oca-pgb@..." <oca-pgb@...>

[...]

David.Whelbourn@...

White is good

David Whelbourn, MBA, PMP

ATTENTION! External email / courriel externe.

[...]

Whelbourn, David (ONB) <David.Whelbourn@...>

White gets my vote

[...]

Jory Burson

Hi everyone, wanted to report back that the website has been updated to have a white background to correct this problem!