OCA Awards?

duncan@sfractal

The OASIS NIEM Open Project gave out “Best of NIEM 2022” awards and it prompted me to think than maybe OCA should give out awards both to reward supporting orgs and to create some buzz. Their 3 NIEM awards for 2022 were:

  • “Best Implementation”
  • “Improving Safeguarding using NIEM” (we could be “Improving Cybersecurity using OCA”)
  • “Advancing the Adoption of NIEM”

Note anything I’d propose we do immediately but I thought I’d put the idea out there to see what people thought. If we wanted to pursue, we’d have to agree on award, criteria, who picks, etc

--

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/

Richard F. Nelson

Interesting idea Duncan.  We do give out awards in some other organizations I’m involved in.  People seem to like them.  I would suggest that less is more here.  Its best for the award as well as the level of effort to select and award them.  If the group wants to do it, I’d recommend we start small and grow the program if it is well received.

--

Regards,

Rich

SAIC - Charleston, SC

Phone: 843-746-6149 {Direct Line}

Need Cyber Help or just more Cyber Info?

DIF Cyber Portal: https://cyber.digital.saicif.com

EXTERNAL EMAIL -- This message originates from outside of SAIC

The OASIS NIEM Open Project gave out “Best of NIEM 2022” awards and it prompted me to think than maybe OCA should give out awards both to reward supporting orgs and to create some buzz. Their 3 NIEM awards for 2022 were:

-          “Best Implementation”

-          “Improving Safeguarding using NIEM” (we could be “Improving Cybersecurity using OCA”)

-          “Advancing the Adoption of NIEM”

Note anything I’d propose we do immediately but I thought I’d put the idea out there to see what people thought. If we wanted to pursue, we’d have to agree on award, criteria, who picks, etc

--

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments from Science Applications International Corporation ("SAIC") may contain confidential and/or proprietary information, and is intended only for the named recipient to whom it was originally addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited.   If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments.

Jason Keirstead

You'd have to exclude all PGB members/sponsors otherwise it is tail wagging the dog.

[...]

I disagree. I think any participant would be eligible. “Most engaged sponsor” might even be an award :-).

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize