Event: December OCA PGB Meeting - Monday, 16 December 2019 #cal-invite

oca-pgb@lists.oasis-open-projects.org Calendar <oca-pgb@...>

December OCA PGB Meeting

When:
Monday, 16 December 2019
1:00pm to 2:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/Halifax

Where:
+18445310958,,927997469 https://ibm.webex.com/meet/jason.keirstead

Organizer: Jason Keirstead jason.keirstead@...

Agenda:

Finalize TSC Discussion & Prep Ballot
Finalize Governance Discussion & Prep Ballot
Any other items as brought to PGB

-

https://ibm.webex.com/meet/jason.keirstead
Join by phone Access code: 927 997 469
United States of America Toll Free 1-844-531-0958
United States of America Toll +1-669-234-1178
United Kingdom Toll Free 0808-234-3612
Israel Toll Free 180-940-5356
Australia Toll Free 1-800-87-5043
International numbers: https://ibm.webex.com/cmp3200/webcomponents/widget/globalcallin/globalcallin.do?siteurl=ibm&serviceType=MC&ED=555779422&tollFree=1

sfractal

I have some questions regarding the agenda.

  • “Finalize TSC Discussion & Prep Ballot”
    • Will the current list of candidates be provided prior to the meeting?
  • “Finalize Governance Discussion & Prep Ballot”
    • Would you include the link to governance document so we can review prior to meeting. I know I have it somewhere but easiest if included in each email where it is to be discussed.
  • “Any other items as brought to PGB”
    • Would you add an agenda item to review status of the Marketing subcommittee. Report out if it has been formed, their scope & charter, and have the SC report on what has been done to date, and what their plans are. I am particularly interested in the scope question I had asked earlier (and I don’t think I received a reply) as to what is being marketed. Is an objective to increase OCA membership? Is an objective to increase adoption of our projects? Is an objective to bring in new projects? This could be mostly handled prior to meeting with some slides that were circulated to board prior to meeting and then could get a quick review at the meeting.
    • Would you add a standing agenda item (ie on every meeting) to report membership status. I expect this to be very very brief – usually “We have x members, no new members, no members dropped”. But if organizations do add or drop, then it should be noted.
    • Would you add a standing agenda item (ie on every meeting) to report on each projects status. This could be mostly handled prior to meeting with some slides that were circulated to board prior to meeting and then could get a quick review at the meeting. One on the projects seems to be progressing but one seemed stalled at inception. Maybe I’m wrong but that should come out in the status. Nothing fancy or long – I’d settle for green/yellow/red per project. But we should know if there are issues that need addressing.
    • Would you add an agenda item on budget and fiduciary responsibility of the board (if any). Maybe it’s handled in the governance document – if so then no need here. But we are the board of the OCA, joining the OCA costs money, and the money goes somewhere. If it all goes to OASIS, and we have no fiduciary responsibility, then we should just say so. But if we do have responsibilities wrt financials (or anything else), then we should document what they are and what we need to do.

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/

From: <oca-pgb@...> on behalf of "oca-pgb@... Calendar via Lists.Oasis-Open-Projects.Org" <oca-pgb=lists.oasis-open-projects.org@...>
Date: Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 12:01 PM
To: "oca-pgb@..." <oca-pgb@...>
Subject: [oca-pgb] Event: December OCA PGB Meeting - Monday, 16 December 2019 #cal-invite

[...]

Jason Keirstead

Thanks Duncan

- We do have a list of five TSC Candidates. I was actually hoping to have the ballot prepared before the meeting so we could review it in full. They are as follows:

  Michael Stair - AT&T
  Thierry Supplisson - IBM
  Christopher Smith - McAfee
  Bill Woodcock - Packet Clearing House
  Steve Purser - ENISA

We're still very open to additional candidates being submitted so if other PGB members have candidates for the TSC, please bring them forward.

- The marketing committee was formed as a result of our November PGB meeting. An email was sent to all PGB members asking to confirm the membership of the committee. The mandate is to do everything in your list (increase awareness, increase membership, coordinate event presence). The committee has not met yet. I have asked the IBM rep on the marketing committee to help to organize a meeting with that group next week, a Doodle should be coming out to that mailing list.

- RE fiduciary responsibility, membership dollars go direct to OASIS, as a result we have no direct fiduciary responsibility for the OCA. We as the PGB can request OASIS support on items (marketing, PR, website, project management) etc, but there is no actual budget or dollars involved here. As the OCA, we have the option if we so choose to elect to charge members a premium on top of the base Open Projects sponsorship fee, and have those dollars collected by OASIS for us, to spend as we see fit on OCA projects such as sponsoring events, meetings, etc. (ie essentially we can vote to charge ourselves more money and have that go into a common pool, if we choose). We are not currently doing this however. I would say that we want the group to get off the ground more, before we would want to think about pursuing that. Happy to discuss this in more detail during the meeting.

- Happy to add these other items to a standing agenda. I'll update the agenda shortly.

-
Jason Keirstead
Chief Architect - IBM Security Threat Management
www.ibm.com/security

"Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure."

- Thomas J. Watson

From: <oca-pgb@...> on behalf of "oca-pgb@... Calendar via Lists.Oasis-Open-Projects.Org" <oca-pgb=lists.oasis-open-projects.org@...>
Date: Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 12:01 PM
To: "oca-pgb@..." <oca-pgb@...>

[...]

Apologies but I will be joining late or missing meeting because I have to deal with a family matter,