Re: Inviting nominations for Chair of the OCA Project Governing Board

Jason Keirstead

Hello fellow OCA PGB members;

I would like to humbly nominate myself for Chair of the OCA board.

For those who do not know me, I am an IBM Senior Technical Staff Member and Chief Architect of Threat Management at IBM Security, where I own technical stewardship of the QRadar, Resilient, and XForce Exchange product lines. I also serve on the OASIS Board of Directors on behalf of IBM. Formerly, I was co-chair of the Cyber Threat Intelligence (STIX & TAXII) Interoperability Subcommittee, where I first hand had to deal with the challenges of interoperability among disparate vendors and product implementations.

My experiences in these roles over the years have continuously re-enforced the need for greater cooperation and data sharing in the cybersecurity space.   I have also been involved in open technology for decades, contributing to and serving as maintainer of several major open-source projects over the years, so I have a very good understanding of the benefits of the open source collaboration model and how it could be applied to interoperability challenges. These two factors drove me to initially start conversations approximately 12 months ago, at first internally, then shortly thereafter with partners, which eventually led to the formation of this project.

I would like to request your support for the role of Chair in order to help get the OCA off to a fast start, as we seek to rapidly launch and scale adoption of the initial deliverables as well as further evangelize our mission over the coming months.

-
Jason Keirstead
Chief Architect - IBM Security Threat Management
www.ibm.com/security

"Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure."

- Thomas J. Watson

From:        "Jory Burson" <jory.burson@...>
To:        oca-pgb@...
Date:        10/18/2019 02:52 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [oca-pgb] Inviting nominations for Chair of the OCA Project Governing Board
Sent by:        oca-pgb@...

To all prospective members of the Open Cybersecurity Alliance Project Governing Board:

The first order of business for the Open Cybersecurity Alliance Project Governing Board will be to elect a chair (or two co-chairs). If you are interested in serving as a Chair or in nominating another individual for the position of Chair, you are welcome to make that candidacy known prior to the first meeting by posting a note to the Open Project's e-mail list. The meeting will also accept nominations from any qualified persons before beginning the vote.

An email with the agenda for our first call on October 23rd will follow shortly.

Best,
Jory Burson

Join oca-pgb@lists.oasis-open-projects.org to automatically receive all group messages.