From: oca-pgb@... <oca-pgb@...> on behalf of sfractal <duncan@...>
Date: Friday, February 18, 2022 at 2:18 PM
To: oca-pgb@... <oca-pgb@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [oca-pgb] Map-my-shifter

I saw an excellent presentation on map-my-shifter at the CTI meeting this month (youtube video of meeting will be available soon). Map-my-shifter is an IBM opensource project that is very closely aligned with stixshifter IMHO. At the meeting, ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

I saw an excellent presentation on map-my-shifter at the CTI meeting this month (youtube video of meeting will be available soon). Map-my-shifter is an IBM opensource project that is very closely aligned with stixshifter IMHO. At the meeting, it was recognized it be of use to CTI beyond stixshifter.

Should OCA encourage IBM to contribute this to OCA as an adjunct repo to stixshifter? I personally am a fan of foundation repos over corporate repos, and of sooner (ie even if half-baked, and this seems much better than half-baked) vs perfection for open source. If there are reasons for not doing this (other than it’s a pain in the pattotie to jump thru the corporate hoops), I would like to understand because it gets to the root of getting more OCA participation.

--

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize