Re: Meeting minutes and decisions for Feb 3 Meeting (Important!)


Jason Keirstead
 

Thanks for the clarification Duncan;

 

-
Jason Keirstead
Distinguished Engineer, CTO - IBM Security Threat Management | www.ibm.com/security

Declare an Emergency: USA +1 888 241 9812, Global +1 312 212 8034

 

Assistant - Mauricio Durán Cambronero (mauduran@...)

See my calendar - https://ibm.biz/jkcalendar


Co-Chair - Open Cybersecurity Alliance, Project Governing Board

www.opencybersecurityalliance.org

 

 

From: oca-pgb@... <oca-pgb@...> on behalf of sfractal <duncan@...>
Date: Monday, February 14, 2022 at 12:34 PM
To: oca-pgb@... <oca-pgb@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [oca-pgb] Meeting minutes and decisions for Feb 3 Meeting (Important!)

Clarification question on the minutes: “Each project or working group will have it’s own Github repo, wiki, and project tracking going forward. This will result in a few new repositories being created, for the IOB, OCA Ontology, and Zero-Trust ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an External Sender

This message came from outside your organization.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Clarification question on the minutes:

  • Each project or working group will have it’s own Github repo, wiki, and project tracking going forward. This will result in a few new repositories being created, for the IOB, OCA Ontology, and Zero-Trust Architecture working groups specifically. The Documentation folder will be reserved for OCA-wide documentation.
  • The OCA PGB will also have it’s own Github repo. We will start tracking issues for PGB meetings in the Github issues tracker. This will help us organize ourselves.

 

I believe both Architecture Working Group (as opposed to the Zero-Trust Architecture Working Group) and the TSC were discussed/approved as needing their own github repos as well.

 

I suggest modifying minutes with the red addition below:

  • Each project or working group will have it’s own Github repo, wiki, and project tracking going forward. This will result in a few new repositories being created, for the TSC, Architecture, IOB, OCA Ontology, and Zero-Trust Architecture working groups specifically. The Documentation folder will be reserved for OCA-wide documentation.
  • The OCA PGB will also have it’s own Github repo. We will start tracking issues for PGB meetings in the Github issues tracker. This will help us organize ourselves.

 

-- 

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/

 

 

 

From: oca-pgb@... <oca-pgb@...> on behalf of Jason Keirstead via lists.oasis-open-projects.org <Jason.Keirstead=ca.ibm.com@...>
Date: Monday, February 14, 2022 at 8:39 AM
To: oca-pgb@... <oca-pgb@...>
Subject: [oca-pgb] Meeting minutes and decisions for Feb 3 Meeting (Important!)

PGB Members – Below are the meeting minutes for the PGB meeting held Feb 3. A number of decisions were made that it is important for all PGB members to be aware of and for us to have working consensus around. Please review the below.

 

Ballot to approve CC-BY-4.0 as a documentation license – The decision was made to open a ballot to approve the CC-BY-4.0 license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode) for OCA documentation. OASIS Open Project rules require this to be a special majority ballot. This ballot has to be opened by OASIS itself and will be shortly – please watch this mailing list and vote.

 

Below here are decisions that were undertaken at this meeting based on working consensus. OASIS OP rules and OCA governance does not require the below decisions to be balloted, therefore we are assuming consensus, and unless dissention is raised on this mailing list or via another channel within a reasonable time, we will start moving on all of these.

 

--

 

Delegation of Github repo authority to TSC & designates - The below text as approved to be added to the OCA’s governance without any dissention. This clause will allow the PGB to not have to be looped-in to every new Github repo change.

 

In accordance with the OASIS Open Project Rules, the OCA PGB delegates authority to create new github repositories to the OCA Technical Steering Committee, so long as the license that is being used in the repository is a license that was previously used in an PGB approved OCA project, and the TSC communicates the creation or removal of repositories to the PGB mailing list.


TSC Approval - The following maintainers and OCA members are volunteering to constitute the new TSC for the next calendar year, starting immediately. The PGB members approved this list without any dissention. The PGB reserves the right to appoint new members to the TSC at any time.


            Xiaokui Shu (IBM) Maintainer, Kestrel, TSC Chair
            Sara Archacki (CIS) - Maintainer, PACE
            David Lemire (HII) - Maintainer, PACE
            Matthias Vallentin (Tenzir)
            Danny Elliot (IBM) - Maintainer, STIX Shifter

            Mark Mastrangeli (Tenzir), PGB Rep
            Duncan Sparrell (sFractal), PGB Rep


Changes / improvements to Github – There are a number of changes to the project layout in Github that were discussed and approved.

 

  • Each project or working group will have it’s own Github repo, wiki, and project tracking going forward. This will result in a few new repositories being created, for the IOB, OCA Ontology, and Zero-Trust Architecture working groups specifically. The Documentation folder will be reserved for OCA-wide documentation.
  • The OCA PGB will also have it’s own Github repo. We will start tracking issues for PGB meetings in the Github issues tracker. This will help us organize ourselves.

 

Code of conduct – The decision was made to formalize the adoption of a Code of Conduct as it is expected of open communities nowadays. (https://github.com/opencybersecurityalliance/oasis-open-project/pull/11) . This Code of Conduct is aligned with the OASIS code of conduct. We can add other things to the code of conduct at a later time if the OCA decides to do that.

-
Jason Keirstead
Distinguished Engineer, CTO - IBM Security Threat Management |
www.ibm.com/security

Declare an Emergency: USA +1 888 241 9812, Global +1 312 212 8034

 

Assistant - Mauricio Durán Cambronero (mauduran@...)

See my calendar - https://ibm.biz/Bdf6tq 


Co-Chair - Open Cybersecurity Alliance, Project Governing Board

www.opencybersecurityalliance.org

 

Join oca-pgb@lists.oasis-open-projects.org to automatically receive all group messages.