From:        "sfractal" <duncan@...>
To:        "oca-pgb@..." <oca-pgb@...>
Date:        10/24/2019 02:00 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [oca-pgb] Proposal for TSC Formation Process
Sent by:        oca-pgb@...

I am fine with TSC self-selecting cochairs but I think PGB should ratify their selection. I can’t conceive of any reason we wouldn’t ratify their choices but we are setting the precedents for the future so I think the PGB should keep the governance role and I consider leadership selection part of governance.

I am fine with 7-ish. If 8 people volunteered, I might lean more towards 8 members than having an election. But if more than 8 apply, then I’m ok with election for 7.

I would recommend two cochairs vs 1 chair if two people could be suckered into it.

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/

From: <oca-pgb@...> on behalf of "Carolyn Raab via Lists.Oasis-Open-Projects.Org" <carolyn.raab=corsa.com@...>
Date:
Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 12:49 PM
To:
"oca-pgb@..." <oca-pgb@...>
Re: [oca-pgb] Proposal for TSC Formation Process

This works for Corsa.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 8:18 AM Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@...> wrote:

I would like to put forth the following proposal for how we will form the initial TSC of the OCA

- Goal would be to have the TSC appointed on or before November 15

- Nominations for initial TSC members be either emailed to the oca-pgb list, or submitted in the #pgb Slack channel of the OCA slack, before November 15

- Nomination would include a name and preferably a brief bio / why they would be a good TSC member

- If relevant, nomination should include a "project of primary focus" (STIX Shifter or Open DXL Ontology)

- I would propose that we should select no more than 7 TSC members at this point in time. In the event we receive more than 7 candidates prior to November 15, we will arrange an ad-hoc meeting of the PGB to select the initial TSC.

- We would allow the TSC itself to select their own chair (or co-chairs).

Would appreciate feedback on above proposal - does this make sense? I am attempting to balance getting off to a quick start with the need to have time for folks to put forward TSC members.

-
Jason Keirstead
Chief Architect - IBM Security Threat Management

www.ibm.com/security

"Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure."

- Thomas J. Watson

Join oca-pgb@lists.oasis-open-projects.org to automatically receive all group messages.