Date
Ballot to Confirm Nominations for Ethereum OASIS PGB Chair & Co-Chair #poll

Jory Burson

Do you approve the appointment of the following individuals to serve as Chair and Co-Chair of the Ethereum OASIS PGB?

Chair Nominee: Dan Burnett, ConsenSys

Co-chair Nominee: Chaals Nevile, EEA

Additional Information:

From the Open Projects guides:
Each PGB selects one or two of its members as Chair(s). The role of the Chair is to manage the PGB’s logistics, agenda, and decision-making. The Chair(s):
  • Help the PGB reach consensus on topics and manage any polls taken, working with the Open Projects Administrator when required by the Open Project Rules.
  • Coordinate and lead any meetings of the PGB or the broader community and, when needed, work with OASIS staff on related events.
  • Assist the Maintainer(s) when necessary.
  • Act as the project's main point of contact with OASIS staff.
This ballot requires a Simple Majority Vote. The PGB currently lists 3 voting members. In order to pass, at least 2 members ( > 1/2 of 3) have to vote Yes.

Please use the checkboxes below to indicate your choice.

This ballot opens immediately and closes whenever all PGB members have cast their vote or on 25 March 2020 at 00:00 UTC, whichever comes first.

Eligible voters:

This ballot is only open to members of the Project Governing Board, currently consisting of:

- Tas Dienes
- Dan Burnett
- Chaals Nevile

If you believe that there is an error in this list, please contact the OASIS Open Project administrator at op-admin@...

Results

See Who Responded

[Eth. OASIS PGB] Meeting Follow-ups - Brief Action Requested

Jory Burson

Hi PGB Members,

I'm summarizing a few key items from yesterday evening's meeting - please let me know if you have any amendments or this does not match your understanding of the take-aways:

1) Regarding GitHub Permissions. We discussed revising the onboarding process for github 'membership'. The new process will require potential members to submit a Pull Request against a MEMBERS.md file adding their name, github handle, and company affiliation (if submitting on behalf of an organization). Once merged, the individual will have write access on non-protected branches. This step will ensure that the new maintainer signs the ICLA and is presented with the ECLA, and will cut out an extra 'promotional step' that Maintainers would have to take to promote read-only members to write. This decision will also require future projects in our org to follow the same pattern.

2) Nominations sought for PGB Chair. We are looking for a chair or set of co/vice chairs to set the agenda for the Open Project for the new year. This person will organize meetings and agendas, and work closely with OASIS staff to accomplish the goals of your projects. Please reply directly to this email to nominate yourself or another PGB member.

3) Reminder to review PRs. If you haven't already done so, please review the two open PRs on our PGB repository. One is for notes and the other is for the governance.md doc.

As always, let me know if you need anything!
Jory

--
OASIS Open Projects Program Manager
Pronouns: She / Her

Re: [Review / +1 Requested] Ethereum OASIS GitHub Permissions

Jory Burson

Thanks ya'll - will get to work on this and let you know if we run into any issues. I think this should solve the issues John brought, though!

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 1:14 PM Tas Dienes via lists.oasis-open-projects.org <tas.dienes=ethereum.org@...> wrote:

+1 from me