EEA Community projects - L2 standards working group

Tas Dienes

Dear PGB,

We’ve had two meetings of the nascent “Technical Specification of General Layer 2  Blockchain Scalability Solutions for Public Blockchains Working Group”, led by Andreas Freund.  We now have a draft charter and governance doc which are probably close enough to final to seek some input from outside the WG.  If you are interested, please take a look and feel free to give us your feedback.

Charter

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16LZluUzG0RSHpVpYiXVucibv_A7ZWN0GZQvvfW21tiQ/edit?pli=1

Governance

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MNl3jjR5EJF3xM5QSteslklVJUKKEPCP7wHaTxSSK8c/edit?pli=1#

Best

Tas

Andreas Freund <a.freundhaskel@...>

Thank you, Tas!

Also, note that the following link is broken and needs to be fixed ->    https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/projects/cla/projects-view-entity-cla

Thank you!

Cheers,
Andreas

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 9:01 AM Tas Dienes <tas.dienes@...> wrote:

Dear PGB,

We’ve had two meetings of the nascent “Technical Specification of General Layer 2  Blockchain Scalability Solutions for Public Blockchains Working Group”, led by Andreas Freund.  We now have a draft charter and governance doc which are probably close enough to final to seek some input from outside the WG.  If you are interested, please take a look and feel free to give us your feedback.

Charter

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16LZluUzG0RSHpVpYiXVucibv_A7ZWN0GZQvvfW21tiQ/edit?pli=1

Governance

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MNl3jjR5EJF3xM5QSteslklVJUKKEPCP7wHaTxSSK8c/edit?pli=1#

Best

Tas

Claudia Rauch

I've also added it to the document.

--

Claudia Rauch

Open Projects Program Manager

OASIS Open

Pronouns:
She/Her
Timezone:
GMT+2
Website:
www.oasis-open.org

Tas Dienes

Dear PGB,

The L2 standards WG has discussed and finalized the charter and governance docs (links below), with the small exception of the open source license being either CC0 or Apache 2.  This will be determined shortly based on input from some of the members after they consult their legal departments.

The WG requests that the PGB put the discussion and approval of these on the agenda for its next meeting.

If you have any questions or concerns, please raise them before the next PGB meeting, which is on December 1.

Best,

Tas

We’ve had two meetings of the nascent “Technical Specification of General Layer 2  Blockchain Scalability Solutions for Public Blockchains Working Group”, led by Andreas Freund.  We now have a draft charter and governance doc which are probably close enough to final to seek some input from outside the WG.  If you are interested, please take a look and feel free to give us your feedback.

Charter

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16LZluUzG0RSHpVpYiXVucibv_A7ZWN0GZQvvfW21tiQ/edit?pli=1

Governance

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MNl3jjR5EJF3xM5QSteslklVJUKKEPCP7wHaTxSSK8c/edit?pli=1#

Best

Tas

Daniel Burnett

PGB,

Please send any additional comments you have before this Wednesday's meeting.  We will discuss and vote Wednesday on starting this project.

-- dan