Date   

Welcome to the new EEA Community Projects PGB mailing list

Claudia Rauch
 

Dear PGB members,

As you might have noticed, Chet closed the old Ethereum OASIS Open Project mailing lists yesterday as part of the transition process to EEA Community Projects.
Please use this list from now on for any PGB related decisions and announcements. The old mailing list archive will still be publicly visible.

Again, please note that we will reconfigure the CLA Assistant instance for the community. We will import the existing CLAs however, you *may* need to resign the CLA on your first pull request under the new org name.
If so, please go ahead and fill it out again - it simply reaffirms your agreement to the license terms of the project.

Thanks,
Claudia


--






Claudia Rauch

Open Projects Program Manager

OASIS Open

   
Pronouns:
She/Her
Timezone:
GMT+2
Website:
www.oasis-open.org


Modifications to the Open Project Rules approved by the OASIS Board of Directors

Chet Ensign
 

Open Project PGB members and OASIS members,

At its June 29, 2021 meeting, the OASIS Board of Directors approved updates to the rules governing OASIS Open Projects (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/open-projects-process/). Staff recommended these changes to address feedback we received from the community and our own lessons learned. The proposals were reviewed and recommended to the full Board by its Governance committee. They go into effect immediately. However, we do not anticipate these updates to have a significant impact on your ongoing project work.

Briefly:
 
In section 2, Project Formation, the project charter will now require a brief statement of purpose and a separate statement of the scope of the work. This scope statement will serve as the boundaries for the work the community intends to do. Modifications to the scope will require a Special Majority Vote by the PGB. I will provide additional information on how existing PGBs should consider whether to update their charters.

In section 16, Trademarks, part (b) which allowed a mark owner to license its use to OASIS rather than transfer it has been removed. In practice, this proved difficult to accomplish and did not convey the assurances for continued use that OASIS must provide to members, adopters, and implementers. In addition, members of the Open Projects Advisory Council advised us that transfer of trademarks is accepted practice.

You can review the specific changes in the attached red-lined PDF file.

Thank you for your ongoing work at OASIS. We appreciate all that you do. As always, feel free to contact us with any questions you have.

/chet  

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


Processes for the TSC nominations/vote

Chet Ensign
 

John, Dan, et al,

Claudia and I put together a proposal for handling the upcoming Baseline TSC election, spelled out below. The goals we aimed to meet are:

- to publicize and make highly visible the role of the TSC and generate excitement about being a part of it;

- to enable nominations to be collected and displayed on a public, addressable, persistent forum of record;

- to identify the people eligible to vote;

- to set up and run the vote on a public platform where the results will be persistent, addressable, and publicly visible and also where we can clearly explain how it will work to everyone.

Proposed process:

- use the baseline-tsc@ mailing list as the list of record, copying others, e.g. eea-community-projects-pgb@, as appropriate. We can include direct emails of people who have expressed interest over time, of course, but having the email list as the list of record ensures a persistent, auditable source of the facts.

- Chet/Claudia work with John on communications to 'sell' TSC participation and encourage people to step up. Possibly two calls, one from John and one from us. Perhaps additional encouragement from OASIS might encourage more people to get involved.
  - We'll check to see whether Carol still has mail merge capability in our toolkit so that we can deliver personalized emails.

- Chet sets up a WordPress Gravity form to collect and forward nominations to the mailing list. Nominees are given the option of sending email directly to the list if they prefer. This gives us the ability to collect exactly the information we want to have. The Gravity forms also store entries in a data file so we should be able to pull the data for further processing if needed.

- Claudia culls the i-CLA spreadsheet for the EEA Community Projects as a whole to identify who the eligible voters are for the TSC (i.e. those made a pull request that was accepted).

- Chet, Claudia work with John to set up the TSC ballot. Exact mechanism TBD.
  - In terms of the mechanics of the ballot, we understand you are targeting 7, 9, or 11 members and we assume that means you want to avoid an even number. Given that, we can work it this way.
    - If you have 7, 9, or 11 nominees, issue a simple call for consent for the slate. No need to run a ballot unless someone objects.
    - If you have 8, 10, or 12 or greater, run the expected 'please select x out of y' ballot to elect your odd number of members.
    - If you have less than 7, either extend the nomination period in an attempt to get at least 1 more, or present the nominees as a slate and ask for objections.  

- Lastly, Claudia and Chet document the procedure so that we can follow it for other OPs in the future. 

Let us know your thoughts on this. Claudia already has the i-CLA list and I will start mocking up the nomination form next week. 

Have a great weekend, 

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


Re: Processes for the TSC nominations/vote

John Wolpert <John.Wolpert@...>
 

This sounds really good, Chet and Claudia.  I'm copying Sonal Patel's personal email on this. (She will have a mesh email on Sept 1.)

I was reminded that Jory had used this system for voting last year: https://www.opavote.com/   In case it appeals to you.

I notice that the TSC mailing list is not up to date, rarely used, and when used, results in very low response rates. My working hypothesis on this is that folks filter out such email either automatically or mentally as they recognize it as a group email and not one from a person to them directly.  Solution would be to construct a list of addresses and mail directly, or plug the addresses into something like OpaVote.

After the Sept 1 announcement, we should have enough momentum built up to make a strong campaign for TSC elections, though I do expect we will still have a little softness in the community until we show in October a real headwind of commercial work and renewed operational excellence. Possible that we have to go down to a 7 or 9 member TSC this year.

Interested to see how the Gravity form functions. From my pov, any standard form SaaS will do, particularly if it backs up to a nice spreadsheet we can share between authorized users.  (This is the nice thing about google forms, but all good if Gravity does the same with as much ease and good user authentication/security.) 

One other manual thing we need to do is try to match the github id's of contributors in the githubs (/baseline, /baseline-standard) to actual people and their email addresses.  And we'll want to keep this up to date through Oct 3 (the hackathon), because it is greatly hoped that we will have a lot of new contributors who can vote at Eth Atlanta. Copying Kyle Thomas so he's aware of the importance of the hackathon on TSC voting.

Sonal, please feel free to work with Chet and Claudia on this directly as soon as you are on deck.

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 5:39 PM Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...> wrote:
John, Dan, et al,

Claudia and I put together a proposal for handling the upcoming Baseline TSC election, spelled out below. The goals we aimed to meet are:

- to publicize and make highly visible the role of the TSC and generate excitement about being a part of it;

- to enable nominations to be collected and displayed on a public, addressable, persistent forum of record;

- to identify the people eligible to vote;

- to set up and run the vote on a public platform where the results will be persistent, addressable, and publicly visible and also where we can clearly explain how it will work to everyone.

Proposed process:

- use the baseline-tsc@ mailing list as the list of record, copying others, e.g. eea-community-projects-pgb@, as appropriate. We can include direct emails of people who have expressed interest over time, of course, but having the email list as the list of record ensures a persistent, auditable source of the facts.

- Chet/Claudia work with John on communications to 'sell' TSC participation and encourage people to step up. Possibly two calls, one from John and one from us. Perhaps additional encouragement from OASIS might encourage more people to get involved.
  - We'll check to see whether Carol still has mail merge capability in our toolkit so that we can deliver personalized emails.

- Chet sets up a WordPress Gravity form to collect and forward nominations to the mailing list. Nominees are given the option of sending email directly to the list if they prefer. This gives us the ability to collect exactly the information we want to have. The Gravity forms also store entries in a data file so we should be able to pull the data for further processing if needed.

- Claudia culls the i-CLA spreadsheet for the EEA Community Projects as a whole to identify who the eligible voters are for the TSC (i.e. those made a pull request that was accepted).

- Chet, Claudia work with John to set up the TSC ballot. Exact mechanism TBD.
  - In terms of the mechanics of the ballot, we understand you are targeting 7, 9, or 11 members and we assume that means you want to avoid an even number. Given that, we can work it this way.
    - If you have 7, 9, or 11 nominees, issue a simple call for consent for the slate. No need to run a ballot unless someone objects.
    - If you have 8, 10, or 12 or greater, run the expected 'please select x out of y' ballot to elect your odd number of members.
    - If you have less than 7, either extend the nomination period in an attempt to get at least 1 more, or present the nominees as a slate and ask for objections.  

- Lastly, Claudia and Chet document the procedure so that we can follow it for other OPs in the future. 

Let us know your thoughts on this. Claudia already has the i-CLA list and I will start mocking up the nomination form next week. 

Have a great weekend, 

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


Re: [baseline-tsc] Processes for the TSC nominations/vote

John Wolpert <John.Wolpert@...>
 

I was talking about this with my wife today, and she said that she uses Signup Genius...said it was a life saver for her community organization.  So I went in and took a look.  

Created a signup test for The Baseline show (which has a new challenge, because we now have 10 slots in Restream, not unlimited Zoom slots as we did before, and we need folks to sign up for those slots for each week's show...keeping one for the moderator and one for the special guest...like this wednesday's appearance by ChicoCrypto).  Was pretty easy to use, and allowed me to create links to the signup, and it also created a group for "The Baseline".  Could have also created a TSC group and other groups.  And did allow me to add custom fields for people to signup with, so I added that super-needed field: GitHub ID.  

Most importantly, sure enough...it does the coveted thing we've been talking about: allows people to create a login and come back to it to manage what they have signed up for.

(Also happens to have a way to do fundraising collection, though we have already set that up with Open Collective.)

It's all cloud based and covers the PII issue, so that's out of the way.

Any thoughts, alternatives, objections to us trying it out for a couple weeks?  

The basic plan is $8/month, and an enterprise plan that would allow us to do more fancy things like integrate via API into other systems/services and embed meetings/signups into the website is around $1200/yr.

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 1:14 PM John Wolpert via lists.oasis-open-projects.org <John.Wolpert=mesh.xyz@...> wrote:

This sounds really good, Chet and Claudia.  I'm copying Sonal Patel's personal email on this. (She will have a mesh email on Sept 1.)

I was reminded that Jory had used this system for voting last year: https://www.opavote.com/   In case it appeals to you.

I notice that the TSC mailing list is not up to date, rarely used, and when used, results in very low response rates. My working hypothesis on this is that folks filter out such email either automatically or mentally as they recognize it as a group email and not one from a person to them directly.  Solution would be to construct a list of addresses and mail directly, or plug the addresses into something like OpaVote.

After the Sept 1 announcement, we should have enough momentum built up to make a strong campaign for TSC elections, though I do expect we will still have a little softness in the community until we show in October a real headwind of commercial work and renewed operational excellence. Possible that we have to go down to a 7 or 9 member TSC this year.

Interested to see how the Gravity form functions. From my pov, any standard form SaaS will do, particularly if it backs up to a nice spreadsheet we can share between authorized users.  (This is the nice thing about google forms, but all good if Gravity does the same with as much ease and good user authentication/security.) 

One other manual thing we need to do is try to match the github id's of contributors in the githubs (/baseline, /baseline-standard) to actual people and their email addresses.  And we'll want to keep this up to date through Oct 3 (the hackathon), because it is greatly hoped that we will have a lot of new contributors who can vote at Eth Atlanta. Copying Kyle Thomas so he's aware of the importance of the hackathon on TSC voting.

Sonal, please feel free to work with Chet and Claudia on this directly as soon as you are on deck.

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 5:39 PM Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...> wrote:
John, Dan, et al,

Claudia and I put together a proposal for handling the upcoming Baseline TSC election, spelled out below. The goals we aimed to meet are:

- to publicize and make highly visible the role of the TSC and generate excitement about being a part of it;

- to enable nominations to be collected and displayed on a public, addressable, persistent forum of record;

- to identify the people eligible to vote;

- to set up and run the vote on a public platform where the results will be persistent, addressable, and publicly visible and also where we can clearly explain how it will work to everyone.

Proposed process:

- use the baseline-tsc@ mailing list as the list of record, copying others, e.g. eea-community-projects-pgb@, as appropriate. We can include direct emails of people who have expressed interest over time, of course, but having the email list as the list of record ensures a persistent, auditable source of the facts.

- Chet/Claudia work with John on communications to 'sell' TSC participation and encourage people to step up. Possibly two calls, one from John and one from us. Perhaps additional encouragement from OASIS might encourage more people to get involved.
  - We'll check to see whether Carol still has mail merge capability in our toolkit so that we can deliver personalized emails.

- Chet sets up a WordPress Gravity form to collect and forward nominations to the mailing list. Nominees are given the option of sending email directly to the list if they prefer. This gives us the ability to collect exactly the information we want to have. The Gravity forms also store entries in a data file so we should be able to pull the data for further processing if needed.

- Claudia culls the i-CLA spreadsheet for the EEA Community Projects as a whole to identify who the eligible voters are for the TSC (i.e. those made a pull request that was accepted).

- Chet, Claudia work with John to set up the TSC ballot. Exact mechanism TBD.
  - In terms of the mechanics of the ballot, we understand you are targeting 7, 9, or 11 members and we assume that means you want to avoid an even number. Given that, we can work it this way.
    - If you have 7, 9, or 11 nominees, issue a simple call for consent for the slate. No need to run a ballot unless someone objects.
    - If you have 8, 10, or 12 or greater, run the expected 'please select x out of y' ballot to elect your odd number of members.
    - If you have less than 7, either extend the nomination period in an attempt to get at least 1 more, or present the nominees as a slate and ask for objections.  

- Lastly, Claudia and Chet document the procedure so that we can follow it for other OPs in the future. 

Let us know your thoughts on this. Claudia already has the i-CLA list and I will start mocking up the nomination form next week. 

Have a great weekend, 

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


Re: [baseline-tsc] Processes for the TSC nominations/vote

John Wolpert <John.Wolpert@...>
 

Here is a link to the signup I made for the Baseline Show this week as a test. I was able to set it up for people to add their github ID (optionally for this signup but could make it mandatory for other signups, like for core devs and contributors).

(  Check it out, but don't actually sign up....sending this link to the specific folks who need to be on this week's panel:  https://www.signupgenius.com/go/baselineshowUS  )

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 4:14 PM John Wolpert via lists.oasis-open-projects.org <John.Wolpert=mesh.xyz@...> wrote:

I was talking about this with my wife today, and she said that she uses Signup Genius...said it was a life saver for her community organization.  So I went in and took a look.  

Created a signup test for The Baseline show (which has a new challenge, because we now have 10 slots in Restream, not unlimited Zoom slots as we did before, and we need folks to sign up for those slots for each week's show...keeping one for the moderator and one for the special guest...like this wednesday's appearance by ChicoCrypto).  Was pretty easy to use, and allowed me to create links to the signup, and it also created a group for "The Baseline".  Could have also created a TSC group and other groups.  And did allow me to add custom fields for people to signup with, so I added that super-needed field: GitHub ID.  

Most importantly, sure enough...it does the coveted thing we've been talking about: allows people to create a login and come back to it to manage what they have signed up for.

(Also happens to have a way to do fundraising collection, though we have already set that up with Open Collective.)

It's all cloud based and covers the PII issue, so that's out of the way.

Any thoughts, alternatives, objections to us trying it out for a couple weeks?  

The basic plan is $8/month, and an enterprise plan that would allow us to do more fancy things like integrate via API into other systems/services and embed meetings/signups into the website is around $1200/yr.

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 1:14 PM John Wolpert via lists.oasis-open-projects.org <John.Wolpert=mesh.xyz@...> wrote:
This sounds really good, Chet and Claudia.  I'm copying Sonal Patel's personal email on this. (She will have a mesh email on Sept 1.)

I was reminded that Jory had used this system for voting last year: https://www.opavote.com/   In case it appeals to you.

I notice that the TSC mailing list is not up to date, rarely used, and when used, results in very low response rates. My working hypothesis on this is that folks filter out such email either automatically or mentally as they recognize it as a group email and not one from a person to them directly.  Solution would be to construct a list of addresses and mail directly, or plug the addresses into something like OpaVote.

After the Sept 1 announcement, we should have enough momentum built up to make a strong campaign for TSC elections, though I do expect we will still have a little softness in the community until we show in October a real headwind of commercial work and renewed operational excellence. Possible that we have to go down to a 7 or 9 member TSC this year.

Interested to see how the Gravity form functions. From my pov, any standard form SaaS will do, particularly if it backs up to a nice spreadsheet we can share between authorized users.  (This is the nice thing about google forms, but all good if Gravity does the same with as much ease and good user authentication/security.) 

One other manual thing we need to do is try to match the github id's of contributors in the githubs (/baseline, /baseline-standard) to actual people and their email addresses.  And we'll want to keep this up to date through Oct 3 (the hackathon), because it is greatly hoped that we will have a lot of new contributors who can vote at Eth Atlanta. Copying Kyle Thomas so he's aware of the importance of the hackathon on TSC voting.

Sonal, please feel free to work with Chet and Claudia on this directly as soon as you are on deck.

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 5:39 PM Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...> wrote:
John, Dan, et al,

Claudia and I put together a proposal for handling the upcoming Baseline TSC election, spelled out below. The goals we aimed to meet are:

- to publicize and make highly visible the role of the TSC and generate excitement about being a part of it;

- to enable nominations to be collected and displayed on a public, addressable, persistent forum of record;

- to identify the people eligible to vote;

- to set up and run the vote on a public platform where the results will be persistent, addressable, and publicly visible and also where we can clearly explain how it will work to everyone.

Proposed process:

- use the baseline-tsc@ mailing list as the list of record, copying others, e.g. eea-community-projects-pgb@, as appropriate. We can include direct emails of people who have expressed interest over time, of course, but having the email list as the list of record ensures a persistent, auditable source of the facts.

- Chet/Claudia work with John on communications to 'sell' TSC participation and encourage people to step up. Possibly two calls, one from John and one from us. Perhaps additional encouragement from OASIS might encourage more people to get involved.
  - We'll check to see whether Carol still has mail merge capability in our toolkit so that we can deliver personalized emails.

- Chet sets up a WordPress Gravity form to collect and forward nominations to the mailing list. Nominees are given the option of sending email directly to the list if they prefer. This gives us the ability to collect exactly the information we want to have. The Gravity forms also store entries in a data file so we should be able to pull the data for further processing if needed.

- Claudia culls the i-CLA spreadsheet for the EEA Community Projects as a whole to identify who the eligible voters are for the TSC (i.e. those made a pull request that was accepted).

- Chet, Claudia work with John to set up the TSC ballot. Exact mechanism TBD.
  - In terms of the mechanics of the ballot, we understand you are targeting 7, 9, or 11 members and we assume that means you want to avoid an even number. Given that, we can work it this way.
    - If you have 7, 9, or 11 nominees, issue a simple call for consent for the slate. No need to run a ballot unless someone objects.
    - If you have 8, 10, or 12 or greater, run the expected 'please select x out of y' ballot to elect your odd number of members.
    - If you have less than 7, either extend the nomination period in an attempt to get at least 1 more, or present the nominees as a slate and ask for objections.  

- Lastly, Claudia and Chet document the procedure so that we can follow it for other OPs in the future. 

Let us know your thoughts on this. Claudia already has the i-CLA list and I will start mocking up the nomination form next week. 

Have a great weekend, 

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


Process for moving Baseline spec documents through the standards process

Chet Ensign
 

Hi Andreas,

First off, thank you for stepping in to drive the standards work forward. We are looking forward to working with you to get the work launched.

The specifications are all coming along nicely. Paul Knight or I will need to provide you with the page header for EEA Community Projects. It is not significantly different from the current page header. I just need to confirm its final form with Dan and Chaals. Assigned action to me.

This is a long email to give you the big picture but you don't need to read it all now. We'll work through the steps as they come. For now, you can get the gist by skimming down the diagram.

Now, when you all are ready to proceed, here is the sequence of steps. Note that I'll be happy to help with draft language for any of the communications if you'd find that helpful.

First, here is a rough diagram of the process:

  Standards team prep files for submission
  |
  Standards team recommends work to TSC
  |
  TSC submits package to PGB
  |
  PGB announces intent to vote on package in 14 days
  |
  PGB votes to approve Project Spec Draft
  |
  OASIS publishes the PSD
  |
  Optional public review & handling of feedback
  |
  TSC requests PGB approve PSD as Project Specification
  |
  PGB announces intent to vote on package in 14 days
  |
  PGB votes to approve Project Specification
  |
  OASIS publishes the PS
  |
  PGB solicits at least 3 Statements of Use
  |
  PGB announces intent to vote in 14 days on making PS a candidate for OASIS Standard
  |
  PGB votes to approve candidate OS
  |
  OASIS announces candidacy, starts 60-day public review
  |
  After pr, team addresses any comments received
  |
  If no changes, OASIS submits PS to membership in 14 day call for consent
  |
  At end of call, if no objections received, OASIS declares PS an OASIS Standard
  |
  OASIS publishes OS, issues press release, etc.
 
In a bit more detail:

- You notify the Baseline TSC that the work, in the opinion of the standards team, is ready for submission to the Project Governing Board for approval. Put all the documentation and any associated code or schemas on a branch so that we have one 'thing' to point at going forward. Send this notification in an email to baseline-tsc@..., the list of record. (Certainly OK to also cc everyone involved if you like.)

- The TSC should then review the completed work, discuss as they see fit, then decide whether or not to send it to the EEA PGB with a recommendation that it be approved as a Project Specification Draft. This can be done in a TSC meeting or it can be done via email on the list. The approval can be done by approving a motion in a meeting or by using the ballot tool in groups.io.

- Once the PGB has the recommendation, they likewise review the submission. They can, of course, send it back with comments and suggestions but let's assume they agree. Dan, as PGB chair, then sends notice to the eea-community-projects@ and the eea-community-projects-pgb@ lists that in 14 days, the PGB intends to hold a vote on approving XXX as a Project Specification Draft. (The 14 day notice period is to give the news time to get around.) At the end of the notice period, the PGB votes, either in a meeting or via a ballot, to approve the PSD. Once approved, we will publish a final package to docs.oasis-open-projects.org as the official version. (You can see PSDs and such from the OSLC Open Project there now.)

- Once the PSD is published, you can, if you all would like, ask OASIS to hold a public review. This is not required in the Open Project process. I mention it just to let you know that if you all would find that a helpful step, I'm happy to support it.

- At whatever point you all feel the work is ready, the TSC can request the PGB to (or the PGB can decide to) to approve the PSD as a Project Specification. Same rules apply - 14 day notice then a vote in a meeting or a ballot. Because this approval commits everyone to the IPR promises, I recommend a ballot but so long as there is a clear artifact I can point to after the fact, I'm happy. Again, we publish the PS, announce it, and add it to the standards list at https://www.oasis-open.org/standards/

- Let's assume that your plan is to continue on to OASIS Standard. Now, the project has to collect at least 3 statements of use (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-defined-terms-2018-05-22/#dStatementUse) - minimal confirmations that an entity has implemented some or all of the spec in running code. Once those are collected, the PGB sends notice that in 14 days, it intends to vote on approving submitting the PS to the members of OASIS as a candidate for OASIS Standard. Once that vote is approved, we will announce the results and start a 60-day public review for the Project Specification.

There are procedures in place for handling comments you receive but we don't need to go over those now. The key thing is that after the review, if no changes are needed to the PS, it goes to the membership in the call for consent. Assent from the members is assumed unless someone votes against it and documents some objection. (This, by the way, has yet to happen.) Assuming no objections are heard, we declare the PS to be an OASIS Standard, publish it and then all the hoopla can begin.

Whew! That is a lot to wade through. The work itself is easier than describing it. Take it all in and then we can discuss or whatever works best for you.

Best regards,

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


Vacation plans

Chet Ensign
 

Greetings project chairs,

Please share this with editors or other project staff as needed.

As you are all ramping up into your fall activities, I thought I'd let you know that I will be off from Sept 13 - 27.

My email will be forwarded to Paul Knight, so nothing should fall through the cracks. Paul will also monitor the JIRA queue so that anything that comes up there is addressed (https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TCADMIN%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Resolved)%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC)

If you have any publication or TC-related questions, please send them to Paul at paul.knight@....

For any Open Project questions or needs, contact Claudia at claudia.rauch@....

Thanks & best regards,

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


Requesting nominations for the Baseline Technical Steering Committee

Chet Ensign
 

All,

Are you interested in helping drive the future direction of Baseline, an EEA Community Project? If so, on behalf of EEA, Baseline, and OASIS, I invite you to nominate yourself or someone else to the Baseline Technical Steering Committee (TSC).

Members of the TSC work to ensure the smooth running of the core developer team, recommend packages of content to the EEA Community Projects Project Governing Board (PGB) for formal approval, and help the project stay accountable to the community at large.

"Real impact, very specific set of activities, approve grants, help set direction." John Wolpert

"The group is highly collaborative and surfaces new ideas for others with shared interest. Work going on is not just spec and design work but also actual implementation and tangible outputs." Cale Teeter

If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else for a seat on the TSC, please fill out the nomination form at https://www.oasis-open.org/member-resources/baseline-technical-steering-committee-nomination-form/ which will send a notification to the TSC mailing list. The deadline for submitting your nomination is Friday, September 24.

The election of the TSC chairs will be held shortly after EthAtlanta 2021.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Claudia Rauch, OASIS Open Source Program Manager at claudia.rauch@... or Sonal Patel, Baseline project coordinator at sonal.patel@...

Thanks & best regards, 

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


Deadline for Baseline TSC nominations ends today

Claudia Rauch
 

Dear all,

Just a quick reminder that the deadline for submitting nominations for the Baseline TSC elections is today. In case, you still want to nominate yourself or someone else, please fill out the nomination form at https://www.oasis-open.org/member-resources/baseline-technical-steering-committee-nomination-form/ which will send a notification to the TSC mailing list.

Thanks and have a great weekend,
Claudia

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 5:27 PM Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...> wrote:
All,

Are you interested in helping drive the future direction of Baseline, an EEA Community Project? If so, on behalf of EEA, Baseline, and OASIS, I invite you to nominate yourself or someone else to the Baseline Technical Steering Committee (TSC).

Members of the TSC work to ensure the smooth running of the core developer team, recommend packages of content to the EEA Community Projects Project Governing Board (PGB) for formal approval, and help the project stay accountable to the community at large.

"Real impact, very specific set of activities, approve grants, help set direction." John Wolpert

"The group is highly collaborative and surfaces new ideas for others with shared interest. Work going on is not just spec and design work but also actual implementation and tangible outputs." Cale Teeter

If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else for a seat on the TSC, please fill out the nomination form at https://www.oasis-open.org/member-resources/baseline-technical-steering-committee-nomination-form/ which will send a notification to the TSC mailing list. The deadline for submitting your nomination is Friday, September 24.

The election of the TSC chairs will be held shortly after EthAtlanta 2021.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Claudia Rauch, OASIS Open Source Program Manager at claudia.rauch@... or Sonal Patel, Baseline project coordinator at sonal.patel@...

Thanks & best regards, 

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org



--






Claudia Rauch

Open Projects Program Manager

OASIS Open

   
Pronouns:
She/Her
Timezone:
GMT+2
Website:
www.oasis-open.org


Update on Baseline TSC vote

John Wolpert <John.Wolpert@...>
 

The PGB meeting today did not have a quorum of voting members, so we did not propose any changes to the voting process in the governance document below. This means that only contributors with a successfully merged pull request to one of the baseline repos in the past six months will be able to vote. (Even if we had a quorum, common sense would dictate that changing the eligibility term this close to the election would be inappropriate.)

Sonal, I, and team will be doing a major push this week through next Tuesday to "get out the vote" by ensuring that contributors have made a pull request in the correct timeframe.

https://docs.baseline-protocol.org/governance/governance

OASIS communicated through Chet Ensign that the vote will be conducted from next Wednesday Oct 13 at noon US-Eastern (we will announce during the general assembly meeting at that time) to midnight of the last timezone of October 26, 2021.  We will tally the votes and report on them on Wednesday, October 27 at Noon US-Eastern on the Baseline 'show' at that time.

For the avoidance of doubt: The election is not a function that should run or governed by the TSC chair, so all decisions regarding how this and future elections are run are a function of the OASIS team in collaboration with the EEA-Community-Projects governing board. We're here to help, and TSC members may propose changes to any rule, but the current rules are in place and managed by OASIS.  (After this election, we may propose rule changes such as how long since their last pull request are contributors eligible to vote.) 

Best of luck to the candidates,
--
  _______________________________________________

  John Wolpert
  Group Executive, Enterprise Mainnet


   john.wolpert@...

   twitter.com/jwolpert


  

 Baseline Protocol
 Technical Steering Committee Chair


   https://baseline-protocol.org


locked Ballot for 2021/2022 Baseline Technical Steering Committee (TSC) members #poll

Claudia Rauch
 


Dear Baseline contributor,

Thank you for helping to shape the future of the Baseline protocol. As an eligible voter, your choices for the Technical Steering Committee, or TSC, ensure the continued smooth running of the core developer team and, through that body, the packages and releases that go to the EEA Community Projects Project Governing Board for approval.

The nominees for the TSC are listed below. The statements from the nominees are included in the 'Call to vote' which you should have received along with this message.

To cast your vote, please forward this message to claudia.rauch@... and chet.ensign@... and type an 'x' next to up to 11 choices. (DO NOT "reply to all" to not make your vote public.)

The voting starts now and will remain open until Tuesday 26 October 2021 at 24:59 UTC. OASIS staff will tally the results and report them on the Baseline Show Wednesday, 27 October.

Thank you for your vote.

--- ballot ---

* Ananth Natarajan ___

* Andreas Freund ___

* Boris Breslav ___

* Cale Teeter ___

* Conor Svensson ___

* Daven Jones ___

* Jack Wiering ___

* John Wolpert ___

* Jonty Needham ___

* Kartheek Solipuram ___

* Kyle Thomas ___

* Luiz Hamilton Ribeiro Leite Soares ___

* Marc Haddle ___

* Massimiliano de Fazio ___

* Mehran Shakeri ___

* Melanie Marsollier ___

* Ryan Fisch ___

* Samrat Kishor ___

* Stefan Schmidt ___



--

Claudia Rauch

Open Projects Program Manager

OASIS Open

   
Pronouns:
She/Her
Timezone:
GMT+2
Website:
www.oasis-open.org


locked Call to vote in the 2021 Baseline TSC elections #poll-notice

Claudia Rauch
 

Dear Baseline contributor,

19 of your fellow Baseline community members have been nominated to the 11 seats (maximum) on the Technical Steering Committee. Now it is your time to make your preferences known.

All eligible voters should have received an email with the subject line "Ballot for 2021/2022 Baseline Technical Steering Committee (TSC) members" from me. Please follow the instructions in that email to cast your vote. If you did not get it, reply to this message and let me know so that I can send you a copy.

The voting starts now and will remain open until Tuesday 26 October 2021 at 24:59 UTC. OASIS staff will tally the results and report them on the Baseline Show Wednesday, 27 October.

Here are the candidates and the statements we received from each:
  •  Ananth Natarajan: "My contribution to the Baseline Protocols flows from my parallel work on the platform architecture for project management involving (potentially) multiple enterprises, which enables project self-regulation and tokenization of delivered projects. This resulted in a similar method for baselining to a main-net; the architecture is described in this paper: https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3460537.3460563, and this patent application:  https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/4f/a1/8f/0153b2f2997357/US20200058020A1.pdf  (we just got notified of a grant by the USPTO). I will make an important contribution to the technical direction of the Baseline project, and contribute to compatibility of technical standards between my work on projects, a significant and growing portion of global GDP, and the work that Baseline project has done with enterprises."
  • Andreas Freund: "Over the last 14 months, I have had the privilege and pleasure: -1) to work with the Standards working group and author most of the current draft standard, and will now lead the WG to shepherd the draft through the OASIS ratification process. 2) to facilitate the RFP for the two largest Baseline Protocol grants to Transmute and Spruce to bring scalable decentralized identifiers based on Ethereum to BRI-1 and 3) to contribute to various Baseline Protocol projects, one of which will have been demoed at Eth Atlanta.
    As a TSC member, I will bring Baseline to other standards organizations and facilitate collaboration, in particular, the Mobility on the Blockchain Initiative and the Metro Ethernet Forum, as well as further develop the Baseline Protocol standard, assist the CoreDev group with BIPs, and continue to support emerging projects with my expertise to incorporate Baseline into their offerings."
  • Boris Breslav: " a) I have completed a Baseline Grant with a colleague  "Writing zero-knowledge circuits using gnark to expand the existing library – Focus on Financial Circuit Development and Approach" . I have attended most "Baseline Shows" and participated especially when it touched upon financial service. b) I strongly believe that the Baseline Protocol method will allow the financial companies/ industry with confidence to  enter/join  the Baseline/Blockchain arena since privacy (data and business logic) and multi-party business process are the heart of the method. In my role as Business Analyst/Technical Project manager with over 20 years of Banking experience (Investment and Retail Banking) I can bring banking and technical perspective to TSC
  • Cale Teeter: No statement received.
  • Conor Svensson: No statement received.
  •  Daven Jones: "I’ve been involved with the Baseline Protocol since 2020 and am the primary author of the Baseline API-spec. I’d like to drive understanding through educational material and tangible examples formed around the standards.
  • Jack Wiering: "My name is Jack Wiering, I am from the Netherlands and work for Unibright. For Baseline Protocol I am involved in marketing & social media (moderating different platforms and creating content).Furthermore, I am a real "connector". Outside of all the technical talent, I think it is good when multiple disciplines are represented in the TSC. With minimal resources we have already achieved many results, I believe that with everyone's cooperation this can be even more impactful in coming years. I want to focus on developing campaigns to benefit the entire baseline community."
  • John Wolpert: "Hi Baseline Protocol community. My name is John Wolpert, and I currently serve as your technical steering committee chair. I'd like to run again for the role and aim to achieve the following if elected: 1) Build a strong core devs team around our BLIP process and accelerate the maturity of open source implementations, tools, and enablement materials like docs; 2) Accelerate dealflow for sponsors and other contributors. On the latter, we are currently moving forward with a "get baselined" campaign where interested companies can select from sponsoring firms to get help learning about and building baselined solutions.  We also created the Little Bit video and are writing several more to follow -- the Adventures of Little Bit. 
    I am fortunate to be able to devote the lion's share of my working day to the baseline community, and we just added Sonal Patel to my team to double-down on the operational integrity of the community. This is a major investment by ConsenSys Mesh (and Joe Lubin in particular).  We do it because we believe that baselining is an essential step in moving enterprises (really business of all types and sizes) to public decentralized protocols and processes - including zero-knowledge proofs, DIDs, and verified credentials anchored to a large, highly decentralized public mainnet. I should say that I will continue in my efforts to support the community regardless of who is elected chair of the TSC. "
  •  Jonty Needham: No statement received.
  • Kartheek Solipuram: "Contributions to baseline: a) Founding member of Baseline protocol and the technical architect behind the baseline protocol’s launch, b) Established the privacy architecture, zk snark circuits and framework for navigating across multiple privacy providers and versions (zokrates, gnark, snarkjs), c) Designed the protocol for bridging and presented to Vitalik along with John Wolpert.d) Fixed critical security issues with Shield and Verifier contracts on the mainnet.
    Goals as a TSC member:  1. Drive adoption of baseline protocol and standards 2. Contribute to smart contract and ledger security 3. Raise and discuss interest in the DAO space 4. Bring in perspectives on KYC, identity management and the associated representation from EY5. Add capabilities to embrace new and upcoming concepts/tools in privacy architectures (accumulators and zk zk rollups, plonk, etc.)
  • Kyle Thomas: "Founder of Provide, the reference implementation for the Baseline Protocol. Organizer of EthAtlanta. Driver of real-world adoption via CONA, ServiceNow, Splunk, and many others. Will continue to drive the technology and adoption!"
  • Luiz Hamilton Ribeiro Leite Soares: "I was able to develop a zkp circuit using gnark that can be used as an example for future zkp circuits. I can help the Baseline project with my developer experience and Javascript, Solidity, Go and Gnark ZKP API knowledge."
  • Marc Haddle: "I am indeed interested in serving on the Baseline TSC, and look forward to helping chart the Baseline journey to mass adoption....I have been a regular contributor to the Baseline Go To Market body of work and participant in the Office Hours discussions for a year and a half now, with almost perfect attendance!
    As Baseline moves from the theoretical to the practical, I want to give real world insights and application input to the TSC so that Baseline has the shortest, straightest path to creating an ecosystem that allows for efficient data sharing while enabling the creation of digital assets (inputs AND outputs) for finance and exchange. While many of our members focus on the potential within finance, accounting, and supply chain applications, my area of focus will be heavily dedicated to the Healthcare and Life Sciences domains. These are critically underserved industry verticals within the Baseline community and are ripe for real impact by the protocol."
  •  Massimiliano de Fazio: No statement received.
  • Mehran Shakeri: "So far, I’ve contributed by reviewing the existing Baseline specifications, providing feedbacks and engaging SAP colleagues internally to validate different use cases as a potential Baseline match.By joining the TSC I would like to show more commitment, bring our knowledge to the team and help transitioning to a wide adoption."
  • Melanie Marsollier: "a) Splunk is integrated with BRI-1, in the folder ops, to enable users of this implementation to gain visibility in their stack and make sense of ledger activity. Splunk’s BRI-1 last commit was 14 months ago and with the recent update to BRI-1, Melanie intends to update monitoring-related features for its users. More recently, Splunk during EthAtlanta, enabled the visualization of the production stack of Provide, the result of months of collaboration with Provide. b) Splunk brings visibility in the stack of 91 of the fortune 100. Current customers of Splunk are experimenting with implementations of Baseline. For Baseline to compete with other solutions focused on synchronizing state across different systems of record, users of implementations of Baseline will have to make sense of Ethereum events logs and transactions. Melanie intends to bring her and her team’s expertise in Ethereum ledger analytics to the standard."
  • Ryan Fisch: "I have been working closely with the Baseline project as a contributor to the BRI-1 and as a non-Provide contributor on BRI-2.  My goal while participating as a contributor and hopefully as a TSC member would be to drive the maturation of the standard and broad adoption to help improve the ability of companies to establish verified multi-party workflow that positively impacts their bottom lines.  In addition, my own team and company can look to implement current and new implementations for Baseline specifically in the invoice factoring space."
  • Samrat Kishor: "How have I contributed: 1. I have been part of the Baseline community since June-July of 2020 and have been contributing to active conversations.2. I was inducted into the TSC in June 2021 and Since July 2021 I have been running the efforts to establish a Baseline community in India. To that end, I have also been hosting the weekly Baseline Show - India every Saturday with some really amazing speakers coming in So far.3. As a leader of the India community, I have participated in active pursuits with Sponsors and am also running several conversations with potential sponsors / members of the Baseline Community in APAC region. 4. I assisted with getting 1 main stage conference slot and 2 workshops for leaders from the Baseline community at India’s largest tech event NATC 2021, which shall assist us with high recall when we speak to tech leaders in future
    What would I like to achieve: 1. I’d like to achieve 1k high quality and contributing members from India. That’s the goal I am setting for myself in the coming year. 2. I’d like to spearhead adoption by assisting businesses with understanding the standard that we are building and also enriching the standard with feedback received from early adopters in terms of privacy and cybersecurity. 3. I’d like to see and steer some major brands in APAC conduct pilots on Baseline Protocol in 2022.4. One key priority I have is to increase and maintain the quality of the official office a.k.a. the Baseline Show - India and I would strive towards that with my full network potential and assistance from other TSC members.
    I see a great future for all of us involved at Baseline Protocol!"
  • Stefan Schmidt: "I am Stefan from Unibright, German Blockchain Integration Company. Unibright joined Baseline as a founding member. I was leader of the EEA Integration Taskforce, and took care of that the results of that taskforce are properly brought in into building the Baseline standard.Since then I have been part of the TSC, contributing to Baseline by: a) Generating leads and potential clients, b) Building enterprise grade integration tools for Baseline, like conUBC together with concircle, c) Build Baseledger and co-developing it parallel to the Baseline standard to raise adoption, d) Explain the Baseline Pattern and the need for decentralized synchronization on various conferences, universities and Unibright publications. Next year will be the year of Baseline adoption, and I want to actively contribute to that"


The following Baseline contributors are eligible to vote
  • Anais Ofranc
  • Hudson Reid Jameson
  • Andreas Freund
  • Oliver Terbu
  • Samuel Stokes
  • Gabriela Zifferman
  • John Wolpert
  • Kyle B Thomas
  • Myron Rotter
  • Jacob Ryan Fisch
  • Tomasz Kajetan Stanczak
  • Daven Jones
  • Boris Breslav
  • Dhruv Malik
  • Ahmadou El Becaye Toure
  • Michael Cairns
  • Kartheek Reddy Solipuram
  • Marten Jung
  • Ognjen Kurtic
  • Stefan Schmidt
  • Luiz Hamilton Soares
  • Ishmal
  • Samrat Kishor
  • Joseph Paul Matouk
  • Spencer Tingley
  • Stefan Kostic
  • Joanna Preston
  • Niko Lockenvitz
  • Keith Alan Salzman
  • Mark Rymsza
  • Yoav Bittan
  • Dewi-Tim Davies
  • Sonal Patel
  • Biswashree Dey
  • Ananth Natarajan
  • Olumide Akinwande
  • Jake Hitzges
  • Shot Khan
  • Shadman Hossain

Best of luck to all the candidates, and happy voting,
Claudia


--






Claudia Rauch

Open Projects Program Manager

OASIS Open

   
Pronouns:
She/Her
Timezone:
GMT+2
Website:
www.oasis-open.org


Dan has invited me to your PGB call next week

Chet Ensign
 

Hi everyone, 

Now that you have a concrete work product heading your way, Dan has invited me to your next call to walk through the process and timeline of moving the Baseline Project Specification Draft forward. If you have any specific topics or questions that you want to be sure I address, feel free to send me a note ahead of time. We'll also discuss the plan for entertaining nominations for co-chairs and the steps to address that as well. 

Look forward to talking to all of you. 

/chet

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


Bi-annual "Oh my God, it's that time of year again??" heads up

Chet Ensign
 

For those of you whose committees have global membership, my bi-annual alert: that whacky week where this country changes the clocks this way and then those countries change them that way, and people come early or late to the party - is around the corner. 

Europe ends daylight savings time on Sunday, October 31st. Mexico follows the same practice. It will end in the US and Canada a week later on Sunday, November 1st. 

So if you have a meeting scheduled in that window, now you know

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


Re: Bi-annual "Oh my God, it's that time of year again??" heads up

Chet Ensign
 

Did I write 'November 1st" - argh! November 7th, of course. See? Even I get turned around by it 


On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 4:14 PM Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@...> wrote:
For those of you whose committees have global membership, my bi-annual alert: that whacky week where this country changes the clocks this way and then those countries change them that way, and people come early or late to the party - is around the corner. 

Europe ends daylight savings time on Sunday, October 31st. Mexico follows the same practice. It will end in the US and Canada a week later on Sunday, November 1st. 

So if you have a meeting scheduled in that window, now you know

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


locked The 2021/2022 Baseline TSC election is completed #poll-result

Chet Ensign
 

The 2021 Baseline Technical Steering Committee (TSC) election announced October 13 2021 in https://lists.oasis-open-projects.org/g/baseline-tsc/message/102 has closed.

There were 19 candidates for the 11 TSC seats. 25 of the 40 eligible voters cast ballots. OASIS Project Administration staff collected, tallied, and reported the results.

We are pleased to announce the following members elected to the 2021/2022 Baseline TSC:

- John Wolpert
- Kyle Thomas
- Stephan Schmidt
- Andreas Freund
- Kartheek Solipuram
- Ryan Fisch
- Samrat Kishor
- Mehran Shakeri
- Cale Teeter
- Jack Wiering
- Luiz Soares

Our congratulations to the new TSC members and our thanks to all who participated in the process. 

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


Calling for nominations for Baseline TSC chair

Chet Ensign
 

Members of the Baseline TSC,

I apologize for not getting this out to you earlier.

One of the first items to address at tomorrow's meeting is to elect a chair or two co-chairs. Chairs are responsible for scheduling meetings, setting agendas, managing the discussion, making sure minutes are taken and published to the mailing list, etc.

Claudia and I will manage the election.

If you are interested in serving as a chair, please feel free to reply to this message and let everyone know. We will also ask for nominations from the floor before holding the vote. If there are only one or two candidates, we'll ask for objections to unanimous approval. If there are three or more, we will hold a roll call vote. 

Thanks & we look forward to talking with you all tomorrow. 

/chet 

--

Chet Ensign

Chief Technical Community Steward

OASIS Open

   
+1 201-341-1393
chet.ensign@...
www.oasis-open.org


Reminder: please review the Baseline spec

Daniel Burnett
 

PGB members,


There are some administrative items that have delayed the official ballot notification, but they should not affect our ability to review in the meantime.

-- dan


Unable to get into meeting

Daniel Burnett
 

No matter which link I use, I get "Waiting for the host to start this meeting".

Are others able to get in okay?

-- dan

1 - 20 of 292